Judge Rules for Cubans Who Got to Bridge

Judge Rules for Cubans Who Got to Bridge

There are 10 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 28, 2006, titled Judge Rules for Cubans Who Got to Bridge. In it, CBS News reports that:

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that the U.S. government acted unreasonably when it sent home 15 Cubans who thought they had safely made it to the United States when their boat reached an abandoned bridge in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Chris Reemts

Tokyo, Japan

#1 Mar 1, 2006
And what part of illegal immigration does that fit into? You do not need to speak, read, write or understand English to become a citizen. You do not need to leave the US when your visitor or student visa is expired.

Now - you can move to the US without permission - against the law - and you can be protected by the court system?

The person that made this decision should be migrated to Cuba ...
Kearney

Columbia, MD

#2 Mar 1, 2006
No matter WHERE the line is drawn, someone always gets hurt. That is the life of a Judge (so why would any sane person choose that life?)

I trust a judge more then a politician, any day... even though I have been hurt by them on occasion. It wasn't totally unfair. Sometimes the time to make a good judgement is just not available.
G I Wonder

Atlanta, GA

#3 Mar 1, 2006
Judge Fredrico Moreno (PC, hispanic) cuban judge in Miami ruled on this one. It don't figure.
Kearney

Columbia, MD

#4 Mar 1, 2006
G I Wonder wrote:
Judge Fredrico Moreno (PC, hispanic) cuban judge in Miami ruled on this one. It don't figure.
The judgement is not final. It will be bumped to a higher court. Judges to that a lot with tought decisions. They make the decision that they not will be appealed so it will go the higher court.
Kearney

Columbia, MD

#5 Mar 1, 2006
PS sorry everyone for all my tupos. I am really not a bad speller, just a clumsy fingered typists... my fingers are about the twice of key, and it is hard just to type because they are so close together... and we have no spell check here, and I don't really care to type it in a word processor and cut and paste... I like typos... they are funny.
Stiv

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 1, 2006
Yeah I think it's a good thing because they need a few more grocery stores in those parts.
G I Wonder

Atlanta, GA

#7 Mar 1, 2006
Stiv wrote:
Yeah I think it's a good thing because they need a few more grocery stores in those parts.
Just remember every one that comes from cuba is entitled to over 250,000 in cheap loans form the US govt, for a new bussiness, house car, boat or whatever they want. I think we should keep the stores to a bare minimum (no more that 2).
AFLAC Duck

Palo Alto, CA

#8 Mar 1, 2006
G I Wonder wrote:
<quoted text>

Just remember every one that comes from cuba is entitled to over 250,000 in cheap loans form the US govt, for a new bussiness, house car, boat or whatever they want. I think we should keep the stores to a bare minimum (no more that 2).
Remember? I've never even heard of that. Where is this documented? Any articles on-line? It's outrageous...
G I Wonder

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 1, 2006
AFLAC Duck wrote:
<quoted text> Remember? I've never even heard of that. Where is this documented? Any articles on-line? It's outrageous...
I just moved out of West Palm Beach, FL 6 mos ago. I don't know if it is a published law but I do know 7 cubans that go these loans from the US Govt within 4 months after they got here. 4 of them bought large boats, commercial fishing, the others, 1 bought a store, 2 started their own imoprt/export. I tried to get this so called bussiness loan and was told I did not qualify. 70K/yr job, wife at 42K no bills, perfect credit. Thats when I learned this was a US Govt backed credit at only 3%. Thats FL for ya, JEBIDIA Bush
Lewis Ermer

AOL

#11 Apr 14, 2006
Went to get loan, but could not even tho my company right now is growing everything good but me wrong color wrong language...white and I do not speak spanish..people from india just get handed the money and cubans now I know why they do not want to return to their country..free money from the goverment I support who turns me down...the funny thing is, my rival company is owned by a spanish couple ..within two years they receive the money from the SBA...and the names they used are not even their real ones...how many cubans you know are named betty and carl....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PCS sexcapades Mon BearDG 9
News Your guide to summer movies May 12 Three Days 1
News Pope has his Fiat on the ground as he arrives i... (Sep '15) Mar '16 Three Days 7
Dave And JoAnne Hall (Jul '08) Nov '15 WmGa1984 6
News Franklinville teens charged in grocery store bu... (Jul '09) Nov '15 Carl Enderby 62
News Portville Man Receives 20-Year Sentence For Ass... (Sep '14) Nov '15 joonybug 4
Unsafe person (Jul '14) Nov '15 hmmm 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cuba Mortgages