Newsday columnist loses battle with c...

Newsday columnist loses battle with cancer

There are 323 comments on the Newsday story from May 16, 2007, titled Newsday columnist loses battle with cancer. In it, Newsday reports that:

Lauren Terrazzano, a tenacious Newsday reporter whose wide-ranging work documented lapses in society's treatment of the elderly and foster children and finally explored her own battle with lung cancer, died ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

RTF

“Cactus?”

Since: Dec 06

Long Island, NY

#23 May 16, 2007
I didn't know Lauren very well, but I knew enough to have the slightest glimmer of understanding of how much of an loss she is to the world.

Her work, however, will go on helping and educating people longer than any of us will.

Thank you so much for everything, Lauren.

Since: Apr 07

Far Rockaway, NY

#24 May 16, 2007
Rest in blessed peace, Lauren. You will and are being missed.
Tom

Tampa, FL

#25 May 16, 2007
May the peace of God rest upon all who held Lauren close to their heart. My deepest sympathy to Lauren's husband, family, friends, and co-workers. God bless all of you.
NancyK

Glen Head, NY

#26 May 16, 2007
God Bless Lauren. My heartfelt condolences to her husband, family, co-workers and fans. What an amazing, inspiring woman.....
believer

Killeen, TX

#27 May 16, 2007
Tom wrote:
May the peace of God rest upon all who held Lauren close to their heart. My deepest sympathy to Lauren's husband, family, friends, and co-workers. God bless all of you.
Thank you father tom
Laura

Bronx, NY

#28 May 16, 2007
My condolences to Lauren's husband and family. She was a very courageous women who fought to the end with such grace and dignity.
TOSH

New Hyde Park, NY

#29 May 16, 2007
I was an avid reader of her published news columns. She will be sadly missed. My heart and prayers go out to her loved ones.
Nancy Ecklund

United States

#30 May 16, 2007
My dear friend, I'm deeply sorry for your loss and please know my thoughts have been and are with you during this difficult time.
Josephine Connelly

New York, NY

#31 May 16, 2007
I will miss Ms. Terrazzano's insightful writings; we can all learn a lesson or two from her work. God bless her and her family.
Jackie

Albany, NY

#32 May 16, 2007
May God bless and keep your soul, Lauren. Thank you for educating us with your columns. Your writing touched my heart.
Drew

Jackson, NJ

#33 May 16, 2007
A passing of one of the great people of this generation. This one hurts.
David Rosenberg

AOL

#34 May 16, 2007
It saddens me greatly hearing of Lauren Tarrazzano's passing. Her column of her fight with cancer inspired people with the same fight. She also inspired others with different diseases and various other serious medical conditions.
My heartfelt condolences to her husband. Although the marriage only lasted a short time, I know they loved a life time.
Rest now Lauren and always remain in peace.
TINA

Florence, MA

#35 May 16, 2007
I've read Lauren's column and my husband's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Reading her story made me understand a little bit of what she is going through or will have to endure in order to get better. Her detailed story moved me very much and I'm very sad to here that she is gone. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family.
Robin Berti

Patchogue, NY

#36 May 16, 2007
My heartfelt condolences go to Lauren's husband and parents. I always enjoyed her column. She wrote deep from the heart. What a courageous woman.
Marci Efthymiou

Brooklyn, NY

#37 May 16, 2007
I have been reading her posts and admire all of her bravery that went into a very tough battle. I lost 2 members of my immediate family to cancer this year and it is not an easy time for all.

My heart goes out to her family.
Porkchop

Brooklyn, NY

#38 May 16, 2007
I send my deepest sympathy to Lauren's family and friends. I often read her work and undoubtedly, she was a very brave woman. It's a shame that someone with such determination and courage had their life end so young. She was an inspiration and strength for so many people; those with and without cancer.
Denise Sawchuk

Chicago, IL

#39 May 16, 2007
God must have needed a very Special Angel in Heaven...
Sarah Battaglia

New York, NY

#40 May 16, 2007
I admired Lauren's writing style and read her column regularly. I know that Newsday and the whole community will miss her talent, warmth and good heart. Rest in peace, Lauren.
Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson

Singapore, Singapore

#41 May 16, 2007
Rest in peace, Lauren. You will be missed.
Barbara Ebinger

Brooklyn, NY

#42 May 16, 2007
Having someone in my life who had a fight with cancer, I was drawn to Lauren's column. She was an amazing, brave woman. The world was a better place for her honesty and courage. She will be missed. May she rest in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ever happend with Bill Chase? (Feb '12) Thu Mr Choice 32
reward for information Jan 16 Jaime 2
Filmore recycle center in Franklinville. Jan 4 Anonymous 1
Review: Maple Haven Farms Rest (May '13) Jan 1 Jim L 8
church people Nov '17 Nelly 1
yard sale Oct '17 Marty 2
Reb Evans Aug '17 Peanutbutterjelly... 1

Cuba Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance