Newsday columnist loses battle with cancer

Full story: Newsday

Lauren Terrazzano, a tenacious Newsday reporter whose wide-ranging work documented lapses in society's treatment of the elderly and foster children and finally explored her own battle with lung cancer, died ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 323 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2008
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
JAB

Yaphank, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

My sympathies to her husband, family and co-workers. I enjoyed her column a great deal.
J
Fran Hilliard

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

I have been intently following this remarkable woman's story & never missed reading her columns. As an experienced RN who has worked with patients who have cancer, her journey & her insights were especially of interest to me. Just yesterday, I thought about her & had decided to send her an e-mail telling her how much I admired her openness & courage. My condolences to her family & to her colleagues at Newsday.
scam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

sympathy to her family
Jojo

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Rest in peace, Lauren.
Sympathy to Lauren's family, friends and co-workers.
Lorinda Patchogue NY

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

What an amazing woman. My deepest condolences to her husband, family and coworkers. She is with the Angels now......May she Rest in Peace.
Monte Young

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Lauren, I shall thank God upon my every remembrance of you.
New York Groove

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

What a brave and courageous woman. Rest in peace.
Taylor Peppino hull ma

Weymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

I love you Lauren very much. And will miss you.
J in Shoreham

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

God Bless you Lauren. My deepest condolences to Lauren's husband, family, and co-workers. How lucky they were to have known and loved such a remarkable woman.
ladylaw

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

My condolences to her husband and her family, and to her Newsday family. What a loss...we are richer because of her life. Her words helped so many people and will continue to do so. May she have peace now.
Lisa Treacy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

I, too, was thinking of Lauren yesterday, wondering how she was doing. My mother had lung cancer, but sadly did not handle it well. She never accepted that she was ill and dying....so we had a different experience. Lauren seemed so brave and courageous to me.
My condolences to her family and friends.
We all have lost a brave soul in this world, and I will never forget her articles and her fight for life!
Jen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

This is a sad day. I have been following Laurens column the past few months. She was so honest about her life with cancer. It was funny and sad at the same time.She was an amazing woman. My condolences to her Friends and Family.
Mary Ann Rung

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Through her columns, Lauren brought both tears to my eyes and smiles to my lips with her witty candor. She will be remembered for her courageous
fight. My deepest condolences to her family.
Jose Alicea

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Wow. I only started reading her columns recently. She touched my heart with her insights on the disease. I lost my father to cancer and her columns really helped me understand his mindset. When I read that she had left us I was shocked. Somehow I thought she would survive. My condolences to the family. I know what this kind of loss does. Just know that she made a difference in the lives of many.
Greg

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

I am so saddened to hear of the passing of Lauren. During the past year while she was writing her column, I was accompanying my girlfriend through her cancer treatment. She had a similar story, with surgery, treatment, remission and a relapse. Luckily for us, her relapse was followed by more surgery, more treatment (including second and third rounds of Chemo and Radiation) and remission. I can not begin to express my thanks to Lauren for her column and the tips it gave me which helped me to carry on and continue to support my girlfriend. The column of what not to say was especially helpful. Through all her pain and struggles, she still realized how hard it is to walk down that path with a cancer patient and her support was monumental.
She may have lost her battle, but her strength helped others like myslef, at times so overwhelmed with sadness and stress while facing cancer from the outside, to battle on and survive and continue to help my girlfriend to fight on.
My heartfelt thanks goes out to Lauren, and my prayers go out to her family. I never knew her and was so moved by her honest writing. I can only imagine the pain her loved ones feel, but be assured she left this world a better place than when she entered it.

Thank you Lauren.

Sincerely,
Greg Pugliani
Lisa Young

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

My condolences to her family. Rest in Peace
Go Big Blue

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

god bless....
bimbo alert

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Lisa Treacy wrote:
I, too, was thinking of Lauren yesterday, wondering how she was doing. My mother had lung cancer, but sadly did not handle it well. She never accepted that she was ill and dying....so we had a different experience. Lauren seemed so brave and courageous to me.
My condolences to her family and friends.
We all have lost a brave soul in this world, and I will never forget her articles and her fight for life!
I think your mother handled it very well..seems you didnt.
Angelo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Prayers to the Family
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

A loss for humanity.My condolences to family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cuba Discussions

Search the Cuba Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prominent black Cuban dissident asks the Congre... 31 min John Grimbaldsun 1
NBC in Castrogonia: Extreme Surrealism 34 min John Grimbaldsun 7
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Adam Wolff 6,371
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
Fire In Hillview Village (Jan '13) Tue Be safe 2
Unsafe person Tue Be safe 1
Motorcycle accident Tue Dagwood 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cuba Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••