Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED PARENT

Rapid City, SD

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Why are the public schools in Copiah County so bad? My family just moved here recently. There is NO WAY that I am going to send my kids to the public schools here - and no it is not a race thing. I happen to an African-American. I simply want my children to get the best education that I can afford to them. After visiting the public schools here, I am convinced that it would in fact be child abuse for me to send my children to those schools.
SouthernExposure

Columbia, VA

#2 Aug 25, 2009
CONCERNED PARENT wrote:
Why are the public schools in Copiah County so bad? My family just moved here recently. There is NO WAY that I am going to send my kids to the public schools here - and no it is not a race thing. I happen to an African-American. I simply want my children to get the best education that I can afford to them. After visiting the public schools here, I am convinced that it would in fact be child abuse for me to send my children to those schools.
Many of us have been saying that for years. What do you expect when the local governments are run by the "clique"? They are more interested in hanging on to their little power domains than doing what's best for Copiah citizens. The private schools are a little better but they were founded to escape integration. There used to be an unaccredited "school" in Georgetown called Union Academy, but thankfully, the feds shut it down for tax evasion. It was more like a cult anyway, and specialized in teaching white supremacy. Maybe wait for another generation or two to die off and then Copiah might become a better place.
WhitePride

Crystal Springs, MS

#3 Sep 7, 2009
The comments about Union Academy are totally untrue, and written by a sick racist who is repeating the same old tired BS, designed to divide, rather than unite the citizens of Copiah County.
When whites teach pride in their background and their heritage, its racist, but we can be fed a steady diet of Black Pride all day and night and thats OK.
Anytime a school is shut down its a sad day, and to call the citizens of Copiah County who supported that school a cult is a damn lie.
Just remember, Blacks literally destroyed a great school system in Hazlehurst. The schools became so bad that the state had to take them over and fire the school board, fire most of the administrators and refuse to rehire the worst teachers.
If you want to talk about tax evasion and cults, start with the Hazlehurst School District, which is 95 to 98 per cent black.
CONCERNED PARENT

Sioux Falls, SD

#4 Sep 7, 2009
WhitePride wrote:
The comments about Union Academy are totally untrue, and written by a sick racist who is repeating the same old tired BS, designed to divide, rather than unite the citizens of Copiah County.
When whites teach pride in their background and their heritage, its racist, but we can be fed a steady diet of Black Pride all day and night and thats OK.
Anytime a school is shut down its a sad day, and to call the citizens of Copiah County who supported that school a cult is a damn lie.
Just remember, Blacks literally destroyed a great school system in Hazlehurst. The schools became so bad that the state had to take them over and fire the school board, fire most of the administrators and refuse to rehire the worst teachers.
If you want to talk about tax evasion and cults, start with the Hazlehurst School District, which is 95 to 98 per cent black.
Why must you inject race into this? I just want what is best for my child. Perhaps if the whites had not abandoned the public school system 40 years ago, that system today would be a great school system for all children. By that I mean ALL - red, yellow, black and white - for they are all precious in his sight. Jesus loves ALL of the little children of the world. How can you go to church on Sunday and then get on here with your message of hate?
WhitePride

Crystal Springs, MS

#5 Sep 8, 2009
You asked the question - Why are the public schools in Copiah County so bad?

I tried to answer that question honestly and truthfully and to dispel the poison that another poster injected into this discussion.
The reason white parents work 2 or 3 jobs to send their kids to a majority white private school is for the same reasons you want better public schools - a good eduction. Unfortunately, living in Copiah County most of our lives, we know what goes on in the public schools and have watched the tearing down of those schools, rather than improvements that should be made.
Also, for your information Copiah Academy in Gallman is fully accredited, has Indian, Black and other non-white students. They would be happy to enroll your children. As for instant solutions, it will not happen, and whether or not you agree, there is racism on both sides that will not just go away if we refuse to talk about it. I point to the other poster to this forums remarks as a prime example.
CONCERNED PARENT

Sioux Falls, SD

#6 Sep 8, 2009
WhitePride wrote:
You asked the question - Why are the public schools in Copiah County so bad?
I tried to answer that question honestly and truthfully and to dispel the poison that another poster injected into this discussion.
The reason white parents work 2 or 3 jobs to send their kids to a majority white private school is for the same reasons you want better public schools - a good eduction. Unfortunately, living in Copiah County most of our lives, we know what goes on in the public schools and have watched the tearing down of those schools, rather than improvements that should be made.
Also, for your information Copiah Academy in Gallman is fully accredited, has Indian, Black and other non-white students. They would be happy to enroll your children. As for instant solutions, it will not happen, and whether or not you agree, there is racism on both sides that will not just go away if we refuse to talk about it. I point to the other poster to this forums remarks as a prime example.
To White Pride: First off your screen name - "White Pride" - is in itself racist. Might I suggest "American Pride". Secondly, whites may chose to send their children to white private schools to avoid interaction with blacks and other people of color but that in itself is folly. The United States is becoming more and more multi-cultural. You will not be able to create a "private world" for your children. The ruination of public schools in Mississippi and elsewhere was the creation of the private school system. If the resources and talent that were drained from the body of public education to create the private school system had remained we would today have one strong body, public schools as opposed to two weak bodies - one public and one private. We are all in the same boat. Please bury the bitterness and hatred of the past and let us move forward together. Crystal Springs has a black mayor and the United States has a black president. The year is 2009 not 1909 nor 1809. Your hatred and bitterness will only destroy you, it will not change anything. Let us move forward as one people, as one nation - with AMERICAN PRIDE.
Buddy

Pearl, MS

#7 Sep 8, 2009
I'm with white pride 1000000000000%
WhitePride

Crystal Springs, MS

#8 Sep 10, 2009
I really don't understand the generalized comments like "the resources and talent that were drained from the body of public education to create the private school system"

By your own admission you said the public schools were bad and you wouldn't send your children there, so how can we drain resources and talent from a school system that is so bad you won't send your children there.

Any citizen who wants to send their children to a private school must also continue to pay their full alloted share of taxes in support of the public schools in the county. As for draining talent, what that says to me is send my child, dumb them down, teach them nothing except "black pride" and reverse racist crap, so when they graduate, or drop out,they will be the same dumb bunch as those coming out now.
I sent my children to a private school, worked multiple jobs, and did without, so they could get an education, period. Education, not race was the catalyst. My two children both graduated from 4 year universities with master's degrees, and both earn a comfortable living because they studied, applied themselves and made the most of their opportunities.
If the public school system had been capable of giving them that opportunity, they would have gone to public schools. However, since I already knew what shape the public schools were in, my family made a decision to do our best for them. I am not sorry for it, even though my eventual retirement will be considerably less than it would be if I saved all the money we spent on their education, and availed ourselves of a public school.
When the public schools start educating, instead of warehousing kids, they will attract children of all colors. Until then, anybody with half a brain, who cares for their children, will do whatever they can to make sure they obtain an education.
CONCERNED PARENT

Sioux Falls, SD

#9 Sep 13, 2009
WhitePride wrote:
I really don't understand the generalized comments like "the resources and talent that were drained from the body of public education to create the private school system"
By your own admission you said the public schools were bad and you wouldn't send your children there, so how can we drain resources and talent from a school system that is so bad you won't send your children there.
Any citizen who wants to send their children to a private school must also continue to pay their full alloted share of taxes in support of the public schools in the county. As for draining talent, what that says to me is send my child, dumb them down, teach them nothing except "black pride" and reverse racist crap, so when they graduate, or drop out,they will be the same dumb bunch as those coming out now.
I sent my children to a private school, worked multiple jobs, and did without, so they could get an education, period. Education, not race was the catalyst. My two children both graduated from 4 year universities with master's degrees, and both earn a comfortable living because they studied, applied themselves and made the most of their opportunities.
If the public school system had been capable of giving them that opportunity, they would have gone to public schools. However, since I already knew what shape the public schools were in, my family made a decision to do our best for them. I am not sorry for it, even though my eventual retirement will be considerably less than it would be if I saved all the money we spent on their education, and availed ourselves of a public school.
When the public schools start educating, instead of warehousing kids, they will attract children of all colors. Until then, anybody with half a brain, who cares for their children, will do whatever they can to make sure they obtain an education.
DEAR WHITE PRIDE: Based on what you have said, my guess is that are probably in your mid to late 40s. I would further guess that you are yourself a product of the private school system. You mention that your children have college degrees. I'll bet that you didn't send them to Jackson State or Alcorn to study. My guess would be somewhere like maybe Ole Miss. That would be fitting seeing as how the campus was nearly burnt to the ground in the 1960's by white mobs angry at the prospect of having to admit blacks to "their" university. I think it would also be a safe bet that you are also a Republican. Too bad about that little spanking you guys took at the polls last November. History was truly made in that election. It was a sign that Americans, well most Americans, had finally turned a corner and were willing to move forward in this country. Forward not as a nation divided by race and anger and hatred, but as "one Nation, under God, with liberty and justice for ALL". What does the word "all" mean in this context? It means all Americans; every race, color, creed, religion, ability, disability, social status, et. al. ALL! Jesus would not wish to segregate his children based on their race or limit their potential based upon whether or not their parents were wealthy enough to send them to a private school. Along those same lines, Jesus would not deny a sick man medical care simply because the man had no health insurance.(That too is about to change my Republican friends.) If you attend church, perhaps some Sunday morning you will reflect upon what I have said and ask yourself - What Would Jesus Do? May Love and Peace Go With You Forever and Always.
Ricky

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2009
After reading the comments between Concern Parent & White Pride, I am convinced that they both have Jungle Fever. The both of them.

What is Jungle Fever? It's when a person of a different race fall in love with one another.

He got Jungle Fever. She got the Jungle Fever. They got Jungle Fever. They are in love.(smile)
CS Import

United States

#11 Sep 14, 2009
Lord have mercy on us all.
WhitePride

Crystal Springs, MS

#12 Sep 15, 2009
One of the oldest ploys in the world is to attack the messenger when you have no logical rebuttals to the opposing views in a debate.
This thread started with the question "What is wrong with the public schools in Copiah County?"
That question and the discussions it prompted has now degenerated into a race baiting, name calling tirade that has nothing to do with the deplorable conditions in the public schools of Copiah County.
The original poster did not want an answer to her question, she wanted to vent all her pent up frustrations with what she perceives as mistreatment at the hands of white people.
White people did not ruin the public schools; blacks did.
How that fact transgressed to suppositions about my age, educational background, political affiliation and socio-economic status is beyond me.
Good luck with finding an answer to your question dear one, and next Sunday, look at your own heart; mine is perfectly clear and free of racial bias.
When my choice of university for my children becomes the catalyst that "fixes" public secondary schools, please enlighten me.
Until then, look elsewhere for answers to your concerns.
The Word From The Hood

Sioux Falls, SD

#13 Sep 17, 2009
WhitePride wrote:
One of the oldest ploys in the world is to attack the messenger when you have no logical rebuttals to the opposing views in a debate.
This thread started with the question "What is wrong with the public schools in Copiah County?"
That question and the discussions it prompted has now degenerated into a race baiting, name calling tirade that has nothing to do with the deplorable conditions in the public schools of Copiah County.
The original poster did not want an answer to her question, she wanted to vent all her pent up frustrations with what she perceives as mistreatment at the hands of white people.
White people did not ruin the public schools; blacks did.
How that fact transgressed to suppositions about my age, educational background, political affiliation and socio-economic status is beyond me.
Good luck with finding an answer to your question dear one, and next Sunday, look at your own heart; mine is perfectly clear and free of racial bias.
When my choice of university for my children becomes the catalyst that "fixes" public secondary schools, please enlighten me.
Until then, look elsewhere for answers to your concerns.
Yo man, why you want to dis my home girl like that? You the one that has a problem with race - calling yourself "White Pride". Whats up with that? All she be saying is that the schools, public and private, would be better if we could teach all of the children in one system. Right now it be white schools and black schools and they both weak. Where you come off saying that black people destroyed the public schools? Man you need to wake up and get real. This is 2009. Look who your mayor is and look who your president is. Your way of thinking is out of date. DON'T BE HATEIN.
WhitePride

Crystal Springs, MS

#14 Sep 19, 2009
The original poster to this thread stated that the public schools in Copiah County were so bad that she would not send her children to them. The public schools in Copiah County are collectively over 90% black.
The white people in Copiah County started sending their children to private schools over 30 years ago.
My statement that the schools were ruined by blacks still stands; they weren't ruined by white people, we weren't there.
When blacks use terms like "Black Pride" its positive, assertive and favored. When white people use the term "White Pride" we are automatically racist and bigots. If you are so biased that you can't understand that white people are as proud of our heritage as blacks are, then there is no hope for you. I reject the attempts to place blame on me because I am proud of who my ancestors were. I also fully support blacks who are proud of their heritage and who assert that feeling.
I also suspect that the last contributor is a white kid who is trying to pose as an ignorant black. I sent his comments to one of my English Professors and asked for his comments. How pitiful.
But, in order to be perfectly fair, if the poster is indeed a black and seriously tried to compose something as pitiful as those comments, I can well understand why the black mother doesn't want to send her children to public schools.
White is right

Pearl, MS

#15 Sep 20, 2009
I tell you what is funny.... The mayor of Crystal Springs name is something like Pokie.... To try and compare Pokie to the President in comical... Word from the hood---- please go back to dealing drugs and stay off of the internet....
Professor Drake

Rapid City, SD

#16 Oct 5, 2009
To "White is right": Was White Right when he enslaved the black man for 400 years? Was White Right when he massacred the red man and stole his land? Was White Right when he dropped the A-Bomb on the yellow man? Was White Right when he pays the brown man less than minimum wage and treats him like a modern day slave? No indeed. In fact in most cases White has been very WRONG.
Rainbow Generation

Florence, MS

#17 Oct 8, 2009
I'm a white girl. I'm 18. I've gone to public schools all my life and I'm completly blown away by this. What are your problems. White is right? White Pride? Are you serious? You in yourselves are segregating. You're hypocritical and pointing fingers at this person. They really are concerned. Most of the schools around here do suck. The daily process of school work is like a carosel and children come home from school without anything amazing to say about there day... "What did you do at school today, Jacob?"

"Oh, nothing."

I used to live in Jackson, where there are lots of people of different races. Blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, but it wasn't until I moved here that I encountered such racism from white people. One of my favorite comments from someone was, "God, you must be really relieved to have moved here, because they don't have so many black people in the school systems."

What kind of white trash says that bull?

I've dated black people, Indians, Native Americans, and you people still have grown up with your sick, sadistic, racist mother and father's values. You judge people automatically on the way they speak, dress, and especially their skin color because one, it's how you were brought up, and two because you're stubborn. You don't want change. Change makes you uncomfortable and shows how ugly your hearts were at one point. I'm so dissapointed in you.

Private schools in jackson are a way to escape race. About 90 percent of the people there are white. Free education isn't good enough I guess. I went to public schools all my life and I've made great friends. You grow up and you aren't a blind idiot when it comes to going to college and realizing that there is a different, but it takes maturity to look beyond all of that. Obviously, "White Pride" your name proves that you fail in that category. And "White Is Right"? You stereotypical bastard. How dare you judge someone on the way that they type. You automatically assumed that just because they typed a certain way that they sold drugs. You're sick. How dare you say that. If you stand for all the people in Pearl MS, then Pearl MS might as well not exist. To hell with you.
Reasonable

Clinton, MS

#18 Oct 15, 2009
My child goes to CS public school, (I am white) and I have had two sons graduate from CS HS. The graduates have received academic scholarships in higher education. As far as I am concerned, an education starts at home. I have no problem with public schools in Copiah County. If more people would support the public school system it would be better. I do agree that there is a lot of waste in public school districts and they should be consolidated. If the private school folks want to send thier kids to private schools so be it. Thank you all for paying your taxes to support our public schools.
BLH

Thorndale, TX

#19 Oct 17, 2009
Can anyone tell me of Military or Boarding schools that families of Copiah County may have sent there children to in the 19th and 20th centuries? Specifically, the 1920's to the 1970's.
THE TRUTH

Denver, CO

#20 Oct 19, 2009
I CAN'T BELIEVE ADULTS ARE CARRYING ON SUCH A CONVERSATION. RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. NONE OF US ARE LIABLE FOR THE THINGS OF THE PAST. THE HAPPENED YES AND THE WERE HORRIFIC BUT SUCH THINGS ARE STILL GOING ON TODAY OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE THERE CITIZENS TRAPPED IN BONDAGE. WHY BE RACIST. THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF COPIAH COUNTY ARE SOME OF THE 60'S AND THEY WONT CHANGE AS LONG AS LONG AS ADULTS THINK LIKE YOU. I AM A PRODUCT OF HAZLEHURST HIGH SCHOOL. I HAVE TRAVLED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD STUDYING AND DOING RESEARCH. I WILL BEGIN WORKING ON MY DOCTORATE IN FALL 2010. THIS ARE THE RESULTS OF HARD WORK, DEDICATION, AND PRAYER. ITS A CHOICE TO SUCCEED AGAINST THE ODDS AND A EXCUSE TO FAIL BECAUSE OF THE ODDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crystal Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 25 fyi Jackson Missi... 1,986
History of Utica Mississippi (Apr '08) Jul 31 Hometown Girl 78
What are the 10 safest places in Mississippi? Jun '14 Val 1
'Crimes of the Heart' gets brilliant revival at... Apr '14 sharonwebster 1
contractors (Nov '09) Feb '14 Utica 13
Review: Rogel Ford (Jan '14) Jan '14 Carl Rogel 1
The exciting, All-American sport of DOGFIGHTING (Aug '07) Jan '14 DutchQ 23
•••
•••

Crystal Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••