Miss Crystal Lake 2007 dies in car cr...

Miss Crystal Lake 2007 dies in car crash in northwest Illinois

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 21, 2008, titled Miss Crystal Lake 2007 dies in car crash in northwest Illinois. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Shannon McCarty grew up wondering whether she had a special talent, because, unlike many other children, she didn't play soccer or learn karate or take a laundry list of enrichment classes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

David Marks

Lafayette, LA

#1 Apr 22, 2008
They've been trying to turn that section of road into a four-lane highway for many years now. People are killed along that road pretty routinely--even the president of the local community college.
GG Chicago

Aurora, IL

#2 Apr 22, 2008
My heart hearts for the family's loss. I can't imagine...May God be with you all.
Nickole

Fontana, WI

#4 Apr 22, 2008
I had the fortunate oppurtunity to know Shannon, and it is a horrible and tragic occurance. Nothing hurts more knowing that Shannon is no longer here, helpig others and effecting so many people. Shannon - You will be forever missed. Love you!!
Dr Rood What Ya Hidin

Aurora, IL

#5 Apr 24, 2008
Sad,,it takes people dying to get things changed.
Bree

Aurora, IL

#6 Apr 29, 2008
shannon was a really cool girl. I did the miss mcHenry county pageant with her and thats how i met her. She was so beautful and always optimistic about everything. Its just terrible knowing she is gone now but she will be terribly missed. I will always have her and her family in my prayers... R.I.P. Shannon...you will always be a queen!
knew Shannon as a child

Newtown Square, PA

#7 Aug 24, 2009
she definately was the leader of the kids in the room. She was smart and emotionally more mature than other kids her age. I have never seen such a proud mother and happy to be in her world.
Ivan
Cooter

Saint Cloud, FL

#8 Oct 3, 2009
Was she driving drunk?????
bff

Champaign, IL

#9 Dec 10, 2009
Cooter wrote:
Was she driving drunk?????
no.
ffb

Annapolis, MD

#10 Dec 10, 2009
Nope, she was high on crack cocaine and wearing a blindfold though, because she thought it was funny.
The Punk Slapper

Dundalk, MD

#12 Dec 11, 2009
To the Family & Friends of Shannon,

Don't pay any attention to scum like ffb. There will always be those sick, heartless retards out there who will try to use your tragedy for their entertainment. They are lower than whale sh!t.

I am deeply saddened by your loss. Young people with bright futures should live to see that bright future.
May the Lord be with you in your time of sorrow....
The Punk Slapper

Dundalk, MD

#14 Dec 11, 2009
The Punk Slapper wrote:
<quoted text>STFU asswipe! No one thinks your sick, twisted BS is funny. The friends and family of this girl don't need to be subjected to your perverted sense of humor. You're a worthless POS. If they remove this post too, I'll be back yo tell you again.
Still here.
The Punk Slapper

Dundalk, MD

#15 Dec 11, 2009
ffb wrote:
Nope, she was high on crack cocaine and wearing a blindfold though, because she thought it was funny.
ffb.....the still here post is just for you.......jerk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crystal Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... 7 hr Old Timer 3
Light Needed At Molidor And Route 12 (Oct '11) 11 hr Nellie 39
News Plans to expand Illinois convent draws opposition Sun Bob 1
News Protesters Call For Release of Melissa Calusinski Jul 18 pachovilla 1
News Gas tanker rolls, closes Route 12 for 6 hours n... Jul 18 jeep wilys 1
Huntley Cops Jul 17 Standing Army of ... 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 10 Ivoted 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crystal Lake Mortgages