Review: Hometown Heating & Air Condit...

Review: Hometown Heating & Air Conditioning

Posted in the Crystal Lake Forum

Woodstock Illinois

Darien, IL

#1 Jan 8, 2009
You know we had the sme instance with Hank as well. Very nice job on the installation and prompt service in the beginning, however the furnace stopped working and he came out right away to "temporarily" fix the problem and NEVER returned to properly fix the problem. We attempted to contact him numerous time and he would never answer his phone and would never call us back. I would not recommend Hank Phillips and his company Hometown Heating and Air.
Jim

Elk Grove Village, IL

#2 Apr 27, 2009
Chose Hank to install a new furnace and a complete AC system in the fall. He indicated that he would need a deposit which we paid. Hank installed the furnace and indicated that he would com back in the spring to complete and test the AC, which we agreed. Hank indicated that he would need the balance due now, however. Spring time came and I called for a date and time. Hank was a no show, this happened over six time before he began to refuse to take my calls. I was always their and the weather was great. Initially he said that he was backlogged, but he never contacted me to cancel. The village inspector came out and indicated that the installation was out of code and that I needed a permit. I advise the inspector about what was going on and that Hank said I didn't need a permit. The inspector said that he has had allot of complaints about him and will be filling a report to the state. I needed to use another contractor and it cost an additional $1500.00 to complete and fix the installation. Overall it cost me over $7500.00. My suggestion is that cheaper is not always better. Buyers beware, Hometown Heating is a scam. He always has the same response to customers complaints and says that he is always there. Not True. If taken contact your local authorities and file a police report.
Kathy - Ingleside

Mchenry, IL

#4 Jun 18, 2009
I sit in my steaming hot house WAITING for Hank who was to be here @ 5:30 - 4 hours ago. He was to repair the a/c damage he caused while putting in our new furnace. Put in a HEPA filter, but I can't find it.

Hank and his family business Hometown should go away and stop scamming people. Great sales job, Hank! How do we get him off the service Magic list? Who do I report him to? And to whom do I file a complaint to get my money back????

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY
Woodstock Illinois wrote:
You know we had the sme instance with Hank as well. Very nice job on the installation and prompt service in the beginning, however the furnace stopped working and he came out right away to "temporarily" fix the problem and NEVER returned to properly fix the problem. We attempted to contact him numerous time and he would never answer his phone and would never call us back. I would not recommend Hank Phillips and his company Hometown Heating and Air.
Kathy - Ingleside

Mchenry, IL

#6 Jun 20, 2009
Thanks for the start of doing something about Hometown.
Daniela Naydenova

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2009
Woodstock Illinois wrote:
I had the same experience. He was hiding for two months and never returned my calls.
Mike

Algonquin, IL

#9 Sep 3, 2009
Sounds like these guys are consistent. Great job coming out and installing, but anytime we need service (often) nobody has time for us. Turns out they completely wired the unit wrong. Did not put it on a dedicated 220 line, now we have to shell out money for an electrician to fix the issue. I'm going to send this link to Hank and see if he changes his tune. If not, I take it further...I've got the time and ambition!!!!
Tony

Fox Lake, IL

#11 Aug 20, 2010
I just got burned from hank and if anyone wants to join together to file a class action lawsuit against him please repost, I'm up for it someone needs to shut him down
Kathy - Ingleside

Mchenry, IL

#12 Aug 21, 2010
I am for filing with the BBB, getting this out in a more public forum and filing a suit is possible.
He apparently continues to not fulfill his obligations.
Steven

Wayne, IL

#15 Jul 27, 2011
I found Hank's company through Service Magic. He was nice, prompt and friendly at the beginning. He installed a new furnice in late spring and on the following winter our furnace stopped working. Hank come out right away to rescue us and temporarily fixed the problem, promising to come back on the next day to reinstall the pipes properly. His installation of the pipes connected to the high efficiency furnace was wrong. Needless to say Hank never showed up on the next day. I tried calling him many times for the next two months with no result. I had to pay $500 to have the problem permanently fixed. Very scary experience with this man. Totally unethical and deceptive. I called Service Magic to inquire if he was still in business. For a moment I thought that he died because he just disappeared from the face of the earth. I hope Service Magic removes him from their list of verified contractors. I am very careful when I hire contractors and he totally deceived me. NEVER HIRE Hometown Heating & Air Conditioning. What a disappointment and a ripoff.
Wilman

Huntley, IL

#16 Nov 20, 2012
Had gotten a great price. Was done on time and with professionalism.
Kathy Oetker

Rockford, IL

#17 Nov 20, 2012
Wilman wrote:
Had gotten a great price. Was done on time and with professionalism.
Just wait until you need him to fix something he messed up. good luck with that.
EmmaCay

South Jordan, UT

#18 Jan 21, 2013
I need some help with my furnace repair in Woodstock IL. I recently bought an older home and I love it. But it needs a bit of help. http://www.mgmechanical.com/service.html
Sally

Cary, IL

#19 Mar 16, 2013
Great work done by Hometown Heating!!! Work was done fast and right the first time! I have had Hank install several units in my buildings!! Sounds like some "unhappy" customers are trying to Slander this company! Only one side has been said on here!
ingleside

United States

#20 Mar 17, 2013
Sally wrote:
Great work done by Hometown Heating!!! Work was done fast and right the first time! I have had Hank install several units in my buildings!! Sounds like some "unhappy" customers are trying to Slander this company! Only one side has been said on here!
. Not slander. Read the definition. Just telling people the truth about our experiences. So no one else has to go through a bad experience. Prerhaps because you have numerous unit, you get better service.
ingleside

United States

#21 Mar 17, 2013
EmmaCay wrote:
I need some help with my furnace repair in Woodstock IL. I recently bought an older home and I love it. But it needs a bit of help. http://www.mgmechanical.com/service.html
. Call olson heating and air
paul

Cary, IL

#22 Apr 9, 2013
ive had nothing but good results from hometown heating!very knowledgeable,courteous,on time,clean.hank is a very personable and caring guy.he walked us thru registering our rebates and explained the tax credit.they have been doing business for 12 yrs,so they must be doing something right,especially in this economy!after years of service from these guys i find it hard to believe that they "burned" anyone!
Real People

Woodridge, IL

#23 Sep 23, 2014
Sally wrote:
Your review does not make any sense and is in complete contrast to reality.
Nice try Hank.....You suck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crystal Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New anti-tax group forms from dollar-bill prope... Tue George Washington 2
Any gay teens down here? (Jan '16) Aug 20 Hornybottom 3
Hillary to pose as the Virgin Mary, pope plays ... Aug 18 Scotty Steiner 1
Condos Complaints Aug 14 Cindy 1
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 11
Gay cruising Aug 9 Hitmeup 1
Car break-ins 8/9/2016 Aug 9 Penelope 1

Crystal Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crystal Lake Mortgages