Hooters of Crystal Lake closed by FBI...

Hooters of Crystal Lake closed by FBI because of Copyright breach

Posted in the Crystal Lake Forum

News man

Willowbrook, IL

#1 May 26, 2011
Videotaping at Hooters is a US Felony and causes not only trouble for you, but also trouble for the restaurant. As many people know, the entire United States Hooters chain is protected by motion picture copyright, and that videotaping at Hooters, even with everyone's consent in the whole restaurant, is punishable by up to 5 years in prison plus a hefty $250,000 fine. But what fewer people know is that the restaurant itself can be shut down and indefinitely barricaded off by the FBI! And that is exactly what happened to the Hooters of Crystal Lake, Illinois on February 14th, 2011 (Valentine's day). Since the beginning of the Hooters Franchise, all buildings that house a Hooters establishment are required to have video camera detectors built into the building's structure, encased within all ceilings and walls, connected and wired directly to the nearest FBI office or lab, and only accessible by the FBI.

It was business as usual at the Hooters of Crystal Lake on the morning of Monday, February 14th, 2011 with customers celebrating Valentine's Day, until a male customer with a video camera walked in. As he sat down, several waitresses allegedly gave him the okay to videotape at the restaurant. From what was taken from the customer, he videotaped approximately 27 minutes, catching two birthday parties, a Valentine's Day celebration, and numerous interactions and even seven instances of hugging between customers and waitresses. The concealed video camera detectors in the building's ceilings and walls detected his filming in progress and alerted the FBI, which had a large battalion of armed special agents on the scene some 31 minutes later. Four FBI officers almost immediately spotted the video camera and promptly ordered the video customer to put his hands behind his back. But as the officers began putting the cuffs on, he tore his arm loose and tried to flee on foot, but was immediately tasered and bodyslammed to the floor by the FBI officers, where he continued to struggle and was tasered and pepper sprayed several more times before 9 more officers stepped in and pointed MP-5 and M-16 assault rifles at the suspect and he stopped. At that moment, there was a massive uproar from numerous customers and waitresses which caused the entire battalion to open fire and radio for a SWAT team to assist them. SWAT was there in just under 40 seconds and all protesters were taken down with automatic gun and sniper fire. Those who survived were arrested and hauled off to jail. The video suspect was taken directly to jail and his video camera confiscated and viewed by the FBI. All 7 waitresses who hugged customers in the video have been charged with public display of affection, which, under Illinois law, carries up to 90 years in prison, and the video man faces upwards of 70 years for violation of Federal Motion picture copyright plus attemped fleeing, resisting arrest, and resisting and assaulting an officer of the FBI. The rest of the staff, including the managers, are facing up to 5 years in prison and fines of $250,000 per person for allowing and contributing to a breaching of Federal Motion Picture Copyright. The restaurant property is now fenced off, boarded up, placed under surveillance, and offically declared Property of the United States of America. For those who are interested, the signs around the perimeter of the property say; "U.S. Property, No Trespassing."

“Let's set the record straight!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 May 31, 2011
I think you're full of $hit....
News man

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Jun 4, 2011
FriendsOnFire wrote:
I think you're full of $hit....
No news man in the world is full of garbage! The news man always speaks the truth! And you see it all the time on Channel 9 News at 6.
Former Hooters Patron

Cary, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2011
Wow dude ... I think that maybe you got a bad batch of their fried mushrooms and thought of this story under its influence. Or maybe it was just that bad batch of mushrooms that got this restaurant closed. Or say, something simpler like serving alcohol to minors?
FBI Warning

Willowbrook, IL

#5 Jun 20, 2011
No way, patron!

It was that customer videotaping that got the restaurant closed. Plus nobody telling him to stop videotaping. All Copyright laws for the USA Hooters chain are strictly enforced straight through Eminent Domain.
News man

Willowbrook, IL

#6 Sep 26, 2011
Patron and FriendsOnFire;

Do any of you ever read or watch the news? A Chicago man was very nearly arrested by the FBI for Federal Motion Picture Copyright violation on June 8th, 2010 for having his video camera with him at the Hooters of Fort Myers, Florida!

“Let's set the record straight!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 22, 2011
News man wrote:
Patron and FriendsOnFire;
Do any of you ever read or watch the news? A Chicago man was very nearly arrested by the FBI for Federal Motion Picture Copyright violation on June 8th, 2010 for having his video camera with him at the Hooters of Fort Myers, Florida!
h yeah, I tune into Fort Myers news all the time... DUH.
Jessica C

Cary, IL

#8 Mar 27, 2012
This is completely true. My friends uncle was one of the patrons who was shot. They are filing a class action lawsuit against the FBI along with many of the other victims. This whole thing has been terrifying, I had no idea this law existed. several people died and no one even knows about it.
He who knows

Cicero, IL

#9 Apr 20, 2012
If the OP claimed what happened was true, would it not have been all over the news? It is actually unknown why the Hooters of Crystal Lake closed, but I don't think it was because of someone videotaping.
Nobody

Round Lake, IL

#10 Jun 12, 2012
Best post eva, my friend. But you forgot to lock the uptake link in your computer.

Agent 45B
Special agent 2374

Round Lake, IL

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Or the hooters lease was not renewed by the current building owner who may have received a lucrative offer from chic filet to be at that intersection.......but I kind of like your conspiracy theory better.
FBI is lie ing

Mchenry, IL

#12 Jun 13, 2012
It is not closed I drove past it Tuesday and it said open
Elvis

AOL

#13 Jun 28, 2012
Whats happening baby,

Ya man , hooters is open .. I work in the back.
I will be singing love me tender tonight and maybe
do a little number with the hooters girls... Aint no such thing as Chic filet. Thank you .. thank you very much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crystal Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lakemoor Woodman's stalled as parties wait for ... 17 hr Real 3
lt. steve schinkel of the algonquin police (Dec '10) Sep 22 tvmdc 5
rt 14 Sep 8 Bob 1
News Crystal Lake-based School District 155 records ... Sep 2 WALLS NOT COSTUMES 2
News Fox River Grove officials accused of billing fraud (Sep '07) Aug 31 jay drai 2
News Woodman's store in Lakemoor on hold as legal ac... Aug 30 firegaryspoerry 2
open House on Saturday Aug 27 Aug '16 [email protected].. 1

Crystal Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crystal Lake Mortgages