CCISD Employees
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Crystal City Citizen

San Antonio, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2009
I think that it is unfair to the employees of CCISD that have wrongfully asked to leave or transfer within the last week. This Superintendent thinks that he can just come into town without even knowing our people or kids and what we stand for. I think that the Board made a huge mistake by bringing him on along with his racist white principal, wife and others. They are not thinking about our kids and their needs but feel entitled to execute stupid decisions. For whatever reasons they are not good enough. They need to get rid of him fast before it goes all wrong!!!!!!!!!! Get that coconut out of here. As for the school board, show some professionalism at your meetings instead of acting like you're socializing at a bar. Just then maybe the Superintendent wouldn't be running the show!!!!!!
Cosmo

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 12, 2009
Crystal City Citizen wrote:
I think that it is unfair to the employees of CCISD that have wrongfully asked to leave or transfer within the last week. This Superintendent thinks that he can just come into town without even knowing our people or kids and what we stand for. I think that the Board made a huge mistake by bringing him on along with his racist white principal, wife and others. They are not thinking about our kids and their needs but feel entitled to execute stupid decisions. For whatever reasons they are not good enough. They need to get rid of him fast before it goes all wrong!!!!!!!!!! Get that coconut out of here. As for the school board, show some professionalism at your meetings instead of acting like you're socializing at a bar. Just then maybe the Superintendent wouldn't be running the show!!!!!!
How about telling us what happened first!
hello

San Antonio, TX

#3 Feb 14, 2009
Crystal City Citizen wrote:
Well maybe it was because you wouldn't show up to work.
Citizen

Pipe Creek, TX

#4 Feb 14, 2009
Before you start bashing the new administrators,make sure you know all the facts. How many parents are aware that some teachers are not doing their jobs? Why are the scores so low? Maybe because for the longest time older administrators saw the problems and ignored them. This new superintendent is trying to fix what is wrong and the mess he inherited and already the bashing has started. How many of you are there when teachers come to work late? Some even call in to say that they are going to be late.How many of you are there when teachers spend a big part of their time on the computer, on cell phones, or just talking in the halls when the kids are left waiting in the classroom? Where were you complainers when every Friday was party day (last year). Didn't you ever see teachers taking off every single conference period? Did you know that teachers have duties and just a handful comply? Some outright ignore their duty day or pretend they didn't know? Right now as TAKS time is getting closer,how many teachers show up to tutor on Saturdays? The new principal has to tutor because teachers don't show up.
It seems like some board members are already asking why teachers are leaving, but how many of them show up in the morning to see firsthand what is going on? The only time some of them show up is during election time.
Don't forget that the reason the elementary school are rated "unacceptable" is because of the previous administration when the new superintendent wasn't even here. The third graders that flunked TAKS last year did not start school last year. They entered school a few years back and over 80 students failed the TAKS. Who do you think is to blame?
We do have some excellent teachers there but they can be counted with one hand. I do not wish to discuss why some teachers are leaving but one thing I do know, the new superintendent is professional, approachable and on his way to fixing the problems in our schools. The school board made no mistake in hiring him. It would be a mistake to lose him.
Another Citizen

Pipe Creek, TX

#5 Feb 14, 2009
The superintendent of schools has the right to transfer any school employees as he or she sees fit. I used to work in different types of jobs (offices, factories, schools,etc.) and the boss has the right to transfer employees. Workers are not federal judges to stay in one place for life.
Parent

Pipe Creek, TX

#6 Feb 15, 2009
I am for the kids, so any changes made for our kids is fine with me. They cannot defend themselves.
curious

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2009
teachers need training on how to handle kids with
emoinal problems,as soon as they do something wrong mrs.leeper wants to sent them home ,you as tearcher are getting paid to handle all kind of
problems with childern and not keep putting presure to that kid that gives you problems not every job is rosy,you need to learn to control those kids,not sending them home cus they will keep doing because they know what you are going to do,you wont have time to gossip with other
teacher but you will be doing for what you are getting paid
some good comments

United States

#9 Feb 20, 2009
There are many good comments in the discussion. Except the one about the Asherton teachers, not only the students from the Asherton teachers flunked their test.
I think the superintendent is trying to do a good job. Let's see what he does about Ms. Allen using her personal cell phone DURING WORKING HOURS to text her married boyfriend, because if he is going to punish other school employees for wrong doings, he should punish her, because that is wrong too. We'll see how good he really is in the next coming weeks.
I also think that the school board members have alot of fault with our low scores. Most of them have been board members for seven years or so, and every year that has passed by our scores have gotten worst. Should the school board member not ask everyone who is charge of the testing process what the problem is. Instead of concentrating on SPORTS, band, and other events that are not as important as the education of our kids, they should start asking for questions as to why this is happening, and try to find a solutions!
Crystal CIty

Pipe Creek, TX

#10 Feb 20, 2009
I met the new superintendent and I think he will be very good for our schools. We need someone new with new ideas and not someone from Crystal City. Someone that comes from out of town can see what's wrong, but when you have someone from same town it seem's they can't see what's wrong with the system. I believe he will do a good job and if teachers or moving out maybe it's time to get new staff. It's all about who can make favors.
Texas is staying behind. Be open mind.
Crystal CIty

Pipe Creek, TX

#11 Feb 20, 2009
I believe he will do a good job and if teachers are moving out maybe it's time.
concerned

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2009
Get those Asherton teachers out!
my 2 cents

Crookston, MN

#13 Feb 20, 2009
It's incredible how as soon as changes begin to take place, some people get on the defensive. What we need to realize is that change is good, it's not always easy, but sometimes, you have to make a mess to really clean things out. As a former student of the CCISD~ I think that having someone with no personal ties to any staff member is great, no favors are expected of anyone. He is simply doing what he feels is in the best interest of the school and the students. I am sure that if staff are being asked to leave, it is probably due to the lack of proper credentials, to hold the position that they are currently in. When I left Crystal City and started school in another state, I felt that the schooling I had received in Crystal City had certainly not prepared me for life outside of Crystal City. I lacked in so many ways, and it wasn't because I had failed to study in high school, as I had graduated with great scores. I just felt that the teachers, were always just satisfied with the bare essentials and they never really pushed us. Spending a whole class period to outline a map in geography never really taught me a whole lot, and I found that we did that often. Teachers got overly comfortable with the students and spoke to them with a mix of English and Spanish, instead of enforcing proper language. All those things make a huge difference and have a dramatic impact on the students. I think that if this is truly about whatís best for the students, let someone with a view from the outside in, come in and make the necessary changes needed to prepare our children for life outside of Crystal City. If we expect things to be done with consideration of who a person is and their current situation, then it truly isnít about the kids, that makes it about the staff. And as far as the comment is concerned about the principle sending kids home because they canít deal with them. Staff is there to teach, NOT TO BABY SIT. It is up to the parents to teach their own children manners and to teach them to behave and respect. Staff have to do whatever is necessary to make the learning environment for the rest of the kids as comfortable as possible, why would you send your spoiled, inattentive kid, to school so someone else can deal with them, when you canít deal with them at home. Respect begins at home, you should almost be embarrassed when they send your kids home. Teach them respect and the issue of kids getting sent home will be eliminated.:)
ecstatic

San Antonio, TX

#14 Feb 20, 2009
The new superintendent knowing what's best for this school district? I don't think so. Look if he was open minded himself he would try to work with his staff instead of enforcing his laws. As for him making good decisions, I would have to disagree greatly. He went over the decision that had been made by the committee when it came to chosing the principal position for the elementary. It was a unanimous vote to have another applicant chosen as principal, and he ignored them and guess who he placed as principal, oh yes his "WIFE". Talk about having no ties to any one of the adimistrators. He should start making his own decisions and not take into consideration what his wife wants when it comes to their profession and maybe he'd be accepted but more importantly RESPECTED!
Good Leader

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 20, 2009
Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Remember the previous superintendent? No one said anything when he immediately hired his wife as principal. I work in the district and this new superintendent is one of the best things that has happened to our district in the last so many years. He recently hired Mrs. Ana Sulaica as director of federal programs. Great choice!! Positive, professional and goes out of her way to help the district in any way she can. The school committee do have the choice to recommend who they want but that's all it is - a recommendation. The other lady that the committee wanted applied here only after she didn't get the job she wanted in Carrizo, she is from Carrizo and she is happily now working there. I support this non-political superintendent who is making the changes necessary to better the schools.
wow

United States

#16 Feb 20, 2009
concerned wrote:
The real reason these kids can't pass their Taks is because the Asherton teachers there don't know shit. Their English and grammar really sucks!!! I can't believe that they are even still there. Poor our kids are really suffering. Make those idiots go teach somewhere else!!
Really? Have you checked your grammar?
Get Real

San Antonio, TX

#17 Feb 20, 2009
There are obviously some very good points made on this topic. Unfortunately there are also some very bad 'comments' made as well. It's quite easy as parents to sit back and let the school take over 'raising' our young ones. I don't say that in a bad way. If you think about how much time our kids spend in school daily...about 8 hours give or take which comes out to 40 hours a week! Wow! I can't help but think some teachers see our kids more than we do when we have them home. I agree, however with what my 2 cents said. We shouldn't think of school as a place where kids are sent to be baby sat. I had a friend that would send her son to school with a stomach ache and fever. When I asked why she didn't let him stay home her reply was, "Let the teachers put up with him. I have other things to do!" I'm thinking, dang, is that what our society has come down to? Send kids to school because we have 'better' or other things to do? I always say, I'm my kids first teacher. The way they behave at school is a reflection on me. If they act up in school or are disrespectful, then that shows that I have failed as a mom. My job is to teach them to respect others...teachers as well as classmates. The teacher doesn't have time to deal with the students 'emotional' problems...that's up to the counselor and principal. If the principal deems it necessary to send a child home because of frequent bad behavior, then deal with it at home! Any idiot should know that! If teachers were expected to 'handle' these emotional kids in class every single day all day long, then they obviously wouldn't be doing what they are paid to do...TEACH! If anyone disagrees with that, then I believe that if teachers are expected to do the job that a psychologist should be doing, then by all means, let's just raise our taxes and pay them the salary a psychologist and teacher would get paid combined. Last thing, teachers aren't getting paid to 'handle all kinds of problems with kids'. I never heard any teacher say that during their interview they were told "You have to handle all kinds of emotional problems these kids have first and lastly you find time to teach these kids". If everyone would stop dumping (trash talking)about our schools and try to find ways to help by perhaps volunteering with the PTA, maybe some positive things would come about. As for the new Superintendent, I have actually seen him on several occasions at different campuses to see how things are going. How many times did past superintendents do that? He is very cordial and pleasant to talk to as well. His wife seems very nice and is eager to find solutions to the problems that are plaguing the school. I have friends that work at all the campuses, cafeteria, custodians, teachers and aides and they all say positive things about both of the individuals. Most of the parents I talk to as well really like the two of them. Give them a chance before you decide to criticize them. If a local can't make changes for the better, then get some outsider to try his luck at it :)
Well Said

San Antonio, TX

#18 Feb 20, 2009
Very well put,Get Real!! For once, it's time to get our acts together and work hard to bring up those scores. Parents, teachers, and administrators need to work together for the benefit of those kids. If they fail, we as a community fail.
brilliant

United States

#19 Feb 21, 2009
concerned wrote:
The real reason these kids can't pass their Taks is because the Asherton teachers there don't know shit. Their English and grammar really sucks!!! I can't believe that they are even still there. Poor our kids are really suffering. Make those idiots go teach somewhere else!!
Maybe instead of bashing some-one on their grammar, you should take a step back and look at your own. "Poor our kids are really suffering." "that they are even still there."
If YOU can't even speak or write correctly, you have no right to attack teachers from a particular town when the majority of this area has horrible grammar. Including you.
Paola

San Antonio, TX

#20 Feb 21, 2009
Maybe "concerned" is not a teacher.
awesome

San Antonio, TX

#21 Feb 21, 2009
brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe instead of bashing some-one on their grammar, you should take a step back and look at your own. "Poor our kids are really suffering." "that they are even still there."
If YOU can't even speak or write correctly, you have no right to attack teachers from a particular town when the majority of this area has horrible grammar. Including you.
Well said! Just because you are from out of town, does not mean that you are less of a teacher. If these "bashers" think they can do better, by all means get off this website and go back to school and see if you can do better! These teachers should be appreciated for what they do. Finishing school and passing the state exams aren't excactly easy. I've heard from several people that the schools sometimes hold family learing nights, with very little turnout from the parents. Maybe they should stop criticizing the teachers and administrators on topix, and get more involved with the school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crystal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Spinach Festival 2 hr SAN ANTO 29
vanessa ynfante 2 hr Relative 12
COMING BACK HOME TO CRISTAL SOOn 2 hr SAN ANTO 8
Any curanderos in Crystal City? 2 hr SAN ANTO 4
Retard on the loose 5 hr The real Chava 3
The VŲlva The Norse Witch 17 hr Christine Dishman 3
a.k.a Pablo 18 hr Christine Dishman 5

Crystal City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance