Crump cop's suggestive MySpace page hacked?

Posted in the Crump Forum

Paperman

Richmond Hill, GA

#1 Feb 16, 2009
From The Courier newspaper, Savannah, Tenn.
www.courieranywhere.com

A MySpace page with images of women in sexually suggestive poses has tongues wagging about Crump Police Sgt. John Youngson, but also touches on freedom of speech.

The city’s lone full-time officer, Youngson said he maintains a presence on the popular social networking site, but claims his page was hacked or altered without his knowledge to feature the scantily-clad women.

Word of the page began circulating publicly last week on a news agglomeration site on the Internet that allows readers to post comments on stories or initiate discussions.

The Courier also received an email from an individual believed to be using a fake name that contained a link to Youngson’s MySpace page.

The sender wrote,“Would you feel safe if you or your wife or daughter should happen to be pulled over by this officer? You must ask yourself, how does this behavior reflect on the values of your city and fellow citizens?”

Crump Mayor Phyllis James said she was “kind of shocked” when she viewed the page.“I knew that I had to get to the bottom of it.”

James and Vice Mayor Judy Hollin said they confronted Youngson, showed him the page and could tell by the officer’s reaction that he was not responsible for placing the questionable images on the site.

“I was looking at him in the eye. He was not aware of it,” James said.

Youngson has removed those images but left his MySpace page up. It now has a gun-theme background. Alderman Mike Vaughan said he “received several emails from people concerned about it. I did see the dirty one–and it was bad.”

Asked if he believes Youngson’s contention that he was victimized, Vaughan said he is maintaining a neutral position.

“I just don’t know how that MySpace works. That’s his story,” he said.“I look for the issue to be dead.”

City officials also said the University of Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service cautioned them to be careful in taking any possible disciplinary action against Youngson because of freedom of speech issues.

Alderman Glen Spencer indicated that while the images might be considered offensive, he said he believes that what a city employee does legally on his own time is none of the city’s business. Youngson said he posted a statement in response to the comments about the issue on Topix.net .

“I want to apologize and say that when it was brought to my attention I made immediate changes and hope that my new page isn’t offensive to anyone. Although that MySpace has nothing to do with my job performance, my personal life is my family’s business and other people should deal with their own families and problems before throwing stones at someone else’s personal life.”
Jackie

Chatsworth, GA

#2 Feb 16, 2009
Are you people so numb minded that this a front pg. article.I'm so embarassed to have people know I even live here sometimes. If Youngson had a half neked boy on his site I Could maybe understand how all you goody two shoe hypoccrites could be worried . But we're all adults here and your all a bunch of finger pointing babies'.Shame on you all. He w/ out sin cast the 1st stone. But for the rest of you for every finger you point to others you have more pointing back at yourselves.!!!! So be careful all you "TED HAGGARD's" out there. It may come to light some of your own deep dark secrets. Isnt it true that everyday on the front pg. of papers across the globe secrets people have are on the "FRONT PAGE"?????? HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm... I wonder wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min Irving 149,836
Tattooed Karma? 1 hr meowza 5
define love 1 hr Jeannie 3
Hot Girl at Cedar Pantry 1 hr R HIGG 3
minority moose lodge (Aug '10) 3 hr ashamedofyou 139
tonya knight 4 hr Justice 53
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Black Ops 9,446
•••
•••
•••

Crump Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Crump People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Crump News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crump