NYC Kids Travel to the Charlottesvill...

NYC Kids Travel to the Charlottesville Area for Some "Fresh Air"

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 6, 2011, titled NYC Kids Travel to the Charlottesville Area for Some "Fresh Air". In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Fresh Air Fund brings kids from inner city New York to towns like Charlottesville every summer so they have a chance to escape city life and see what a simpler place has to offer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

importing crime

Crozet, VA

#1 Jul 7, 2011
About 5,000 under-privileged children from NY
We have enough gang problems and JDs
Sounds like importing crime
think about it

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 7, 2011
"5,000 under -privileged kids" , well simple math means where are the 10,000 parents of those "under-privileged kids". Adults are held more responsible for the dogs they own than their own "kids".Just saying
Virginia

Scottsville, VA

#3 Jul 7, 2011
These are not children in gangs. They are kids who would never otherwise have an opportunity to play in the outdoors, swim, ride bikes and have some relief from the stress of living in an impoverished urban environment. It shows them another world, and allows them to be children for a while.
fred

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 7, 2011
Please send them back before they see the lake in fluvanna. We don't need more cranium challenged people in virginia!
french dip

AOL

#5 Jul 7, 2011
Lets send some Charlottesville kids to New York on vacation. The they will appreciate coming home to Charlottesville and fresh air and less hustle!
A Reader

Piney River, VA

#6 Jul 7, 2011
I think it's a wonderful program and that there are kids who keep coming back. That says something abouta the program and the families they stay with. Good job folks and it's a true blessing to share the experiences you are having. Hope you all have a wonderful summer together making lots of memories for years to come!
ssss

Douglasville, GA

#7 Jul 7, 2011
Great program!
Mow

Buford, GA

#8 Jul 8, 2011
Another conundrum, why send these kids all the way down here where the very same environment can be found north of the city. Even better stuff. Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, Lake Placid, up state New York is great, I don't get it.
yep

Douglasville, GA

#9 Jul 8, 2011
Mow wrote:
Another conundrum, why send these kids all the way down here where the very same environment can be found north of the city. Even better stuff. Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, Lake Placid, up state New York is great, I don't get it.
More inner city NYC kids go to upstate NY than to Cville. For example, there are YMCA camps all over NY state that have programs for disadvantaged kids during the summer.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#10 Jul 8, 2011
A Reader wrote:
I think it's a wonderful program and that there are kids who keep coming back. That says something abouta the program and the families they stay with. Good job folks and it's a true blessing to share the experiences you are having. Hope you all have a wonderful summer together making lots of memories for years to come!
I agree that the program is wonderful. I think maybe some of these people think that there are probably children in inner city Charlottesville who could benefit from the same program.
Mow

Buford, GA

#11 Jul 8, 2011
D Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the program is wonderful. I think maybe some of these people think that there are probably children in inner city Charlottesville who could benefit from the same program.
So lets send them to NYC.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#12 Jul 9, 2011
Mow wrote:
<quoted text>So lets send them to NYC.
I thought about that but keeping the children in the area would be less expensive!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama had the most-liked tweet of 2017; here's ... Mon Ms Sassy 3
Who in the area makes Concrete Confederate statues Dec 9 TRUMP 21
Are you secret gay if you eat a bannanna? Dec 9 TRUMP 6
Fluvanna refuses to fire DUI Flag Burning middl... Dec 9 TRUMP 12
gettysburg confederate war memorials to come down Dec 8 Gen Lee 20
News White nationalists: Charlottesville just a begi... Dec 7 R F Forty five 401
GQ Mag "Trash Thanksgiving" Dec 6 Myers 4

Crozet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crozet Mortgages