Search for DaShad Smith Resumes - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The investigation into a Charlottesville teen's disappearance turns yet again to a landfill just outside of Richmond.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alabamamom

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

My Prayers for answers soon.
Marjorie

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Prayers that they find him and bring closure to his family
pete

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

who is footing the bill for renting three pieces of large equipment and then hiring operators for the equipment?
Contributory Negligence

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Marjorie wrote:
Prayers that they find him and bring closure to his family
I for one hope they DON'T find Sage in a landfill. Would rather have happier closure than that. Ugh.
Money Man

Earlysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I am... Any more Dumb Questions Pete?
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

I hope they find something...any clue.

I am very happy to hear C-ville decided to do the lanfill search, even though it will be a difficult task, I do feel SOMETHING is leading them in that direction.

Good Luck

Contributory Negligence

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

pete wrote:
who is footing the bill for renting three pieces of large equipment and then hiring operators for the equipment?
It's true that this could easily cost $100K or more, but the police will likely use money they seize from drug dealers. Plus the police and other workers involved might score some nice overtime pay, so it's really a win/win.
Today

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

This is the second pass at the landfill. They have already said the reason they are there is because that is where the garbage from Charlottesville is dumped. They are looking in the areas where trucks from Charlottesville have dumped their trash, hoping to find something. It doesn't appear, from what Longo said, that they already have a lead that sent them there.
Unknown va

Earlysville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

What they need to do is request a home computer he may have used for clues.....than again the cell phone bill........Let me help cause i feel he is still alive!!!!!! He may be on facebook under another name....teenagers go through things only they can explain. Please God help this family find closure.
amanda smith

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

i think if the police can run around track drug dealers sit outside their home put spys out for that reason they can do more to find dashard and FAYE TINSLEY murder....THE POLICE DID MORE TO TRY TO FIND MORGAN HARRINGTON SO DO MORE FOR US LOW CLASS PPL
Anonymous

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

amanda smith wrote:
i think if the police can run around track drug dealers sit outside their home put spys out for that reason they can do more to find dashard and FAYE TINSLEY murder....THE POLICE DID MORE TO TRY TO FIND MORGAN HARRINGTON SO DO MORE FOR US LOW CLASS PPL
Sounds like you don't much care for the police surveilling drug dealers...wonder why?
Marriage Equality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

If the missing person was a young white straight girl this story would be getting so much more coverage - especially if her parents were rich like the Harringtons. So many people in our society today are so judgmental and that affects how they prioritize things. So sad.
uhhhh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

great... as usual someone has to imply that because he is black, no one cares or they arent trying hard enough to find him. shut. up. already.
Well now

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Marriage Equality wrote:
If the missing person was a young white straight girl this story would be getting so much more coverage - especially if her parents were rich like the Harringtons. So many people in our society today are so judgmental and that affects how they prioritize things. So sad.
You are so right- people are so judgmental and it effects how they prioritize things, even you. Young white straight girls are missing all across the country and are getting no coverage, let alone landfill searches. Charlottesville always feels the need to sensationalize things and make everything a race issue. This is another case in point. It's how people here prioritize things.
just saying

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Unknown va wrote:
What they need to do is request a home computer he may have used for clues.....than again the cell phone bill........Let me help cause i feel he is still alive!!!!!! He may be on facebook under another name....teenagers go through things only they can explain. Please God help this family find closure.
Im pretty sure they already thought of that :)
Dakota

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Im pretty sure they already thought of that :)
Maybe so . But never hurts for someone to throw around some ideas.

Good Day ,

Now , I am back to trying to figure out this crazy paper trail on a recent PLEA and arrest of a local sex...offender ( RAPE , assault , fail to register and bail days before a PLEA and ARREST ????.

It might just be me , maybe I am tired or mixed up ...maybe the system is not updated......

anyway.....
DID YOU HEAR THAT

Amissville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

amanda smith wrote:
WOW Amanda are you for real. Police are to be commended for getting drug dealers out of neighborhoods, Im glad that they do this. Also most of them don't need spys because these idots will sell out anyone to keep their arse out of jail. Please provide the proof of what you mean by the the police did more for the Harringtons. OH and by the way low class people is by choice, so get out in the community and help, maybe you can join the police reserves to help make a difference.
MIke

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Today wrote:
This is the second pass at the landfill. They have already said the reason they are there is because that is where the garbage from Charlottesville is dumped. They are looking in the areas where trucks from Charlottesville have dumped their trash, hoping to find something. It doesn't appear, from what Longo said, that they already have a lead that sent them there.
Garbage from Charlottesville goes to several different destinations; this is only one of them. The police have been told this; if they continue to search this particular landfill they most likely have specific information that something was placed in a specific receptacle. One that was transferred at the Repulic Allied transfer station at Zion Crossroads and then on to this landfill. Several other landfills would have to be searched to see all of Cvilles garbage. Shoosmith in Chesterfield, Amelia, etc and even an incinerator in Harrisonburg.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

amanda smith wrote:
Maybe if you contributed more to society than you take from it, you'd see some results. You get what you pay for.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Marriage Equality wrote:
Being whatever he/she/it is isn't the issue. It's the risky behavior like meeting up with random people, cruising Lee Park or the Ivy Natural Area. Harrington is guilty, too. Getting plastered and accepting rides from strangers is not going to win any intelligence awards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Crozet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crozet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••