Albemarle Planners Discuss Monticello View Protection Rules

Tuesday night, Albemarle County planners are reviewing regulations on developers to protect the view from Thomas Jefferson's hilltop home. Read more
Diana in North Garden

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Are the viewshed maps available? If so, it would be great if you could post links.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Can he see the bypass?
Hey

Palmyra, VA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Hey! I'll sell my property on 53 to Monticello for the right price.

Why does Monticello get to pick out their 'viewsheds' they don't even pay property taxes.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 12, 2013
A little late ain't they? Pan Tops is just accross the way. I doubt devepopers are gonna consider this, its all about the money.
The View

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2013
In his retirement years, Jefferson would stand outside Monticello and be able to see the University of Virginia as it was being built. UVA was his proudest accomplishment and to honor history, the view has always been protected.
Market Street

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Screw this, what a bunch of crap. How about we tear everything down and start a new because no one that ever visits Monticello has a cell phone, drives a brand new car, lives in a 500 square foot house, shops at Wal Mart, etc......Protecting an historic property from complete tear down is great, but when we try to stop development cause we might see a development from the top of the mountain in crap.
woopwoop

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2013
no one lives in a 500 sq ft house in albemarle except hippies
if it hadn't been for some helpful advice from isaac, jefferson would have logged and strip mined the entire mountain
Back to Reality

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Isn't this like closing the barn doors after the horses have run away? Visit Monticello, look at the view, and weep. Jefferson would have longed for Fairfax County in comparison. Talk about crapping in your own nest. Give up, it's too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
employing felons? Mar 26 possomchowder 1
Dog Poop on the "Grounds" Mar 26 bulk 1
News Albemarle Police Arrest Child Predator (Feb '13) Mar 26 crazy parent 26
News Va. governor orders retraining for ABC police Mar 25 civilliberty 1
News Police: No evidence of gang-rape at University ... Mar 25 fedupwiththemess 3
News UVA Student Arrest Sparks Anger, Controversy Mar 22 Sneaky Pete 7
ABC on UVA Campus Mar 21 buckeru bonzi 1

Fire Warning for Albemarle County was issued at March 31 at 5:53PM EDT

Crozet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crozet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]