Former Albe Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges

There are 14 comments on the Feb 16, 2013, NBC29 Charlottesville story titled Former Albe Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Officers arrested Charles Farrell Long, 47, last April after spending months investigating a sexual abuse complaint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#41 Feb 26, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>And now the ethnic/religious slurs begin...run out of arguments?
It actually reads like a prayer to me.
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Feb 27, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>why bother? the arguements date back to the birth of christianity. To bad Christians don't practice a fraction of what they preach. Not really much different than Muslim extremists. Just ask a witch. A million so called witches were executed in Europe but whos counting.
It goes back farther than that, but you wouldn't know that because you are too shortsighted.
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#43 Feb 27, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>It's irrelevant if I do or if I don't. What I do think is that they're not related. I don’t think that our ‘mores’ are becoming looser, in fact; I think as a species we’re becoming more moral. Like I was trying to exemplify, morality is subjective to those that hold it, and is not an immutable standard.
Won't take a stand, eh?...Have any real convictions? If it feels good to me, who cares what it does to others?
sez you

Richmond, VA

#44 Feb 27, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>It goes back farther than that, but you wouldn't know that because you are too shortsighted.
No shirt shitlock, so you actually admitt being a pig?
Dude

Marshall, VA

#45 Feb 28, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Won't take a stand, eh?...Have any real convictions? If it feels good to me, who cares what it does to others?
I don't have to take a stand because it is irrelevant. I have plenty of convictions, but they're only relevant to me, not anyone else. What do you mean "who cares what it does to others?" I never suggested what one does that affects others shouldn't be scrutinized, but you never mentioned anything that affects others, now did you? You suggested that as a society our mores were loosening, I disagree. In fact, I think as a society and as a species we're becoming more moral.
Dude

Marshall, VA

#46 Feb 28, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>It goes back farther than that, but you wouldn't know that because you are too shortsighted.
what is "it?"
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#47 Mar 1, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>what is "it?"
The argument.
Dude

Warrenton, VA

#48 Mar 1, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>The argument.
Which argument?
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#49 Mar 4, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Which argument?
Reread post #39
Dude

Warrenton, VA

#50 Mar 4, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Reread post #39
I suggest you do the same, and then state which argument.
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#51 Mar 5, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you do the same, and then state which argument.
I'll go slowly for you...Post #39 in response to post # 29... in response to "So you accept all these deviations from healthy human behavior as okay, and they are NOT a loosening of our social morality? Just want to clarify. So, they are OKAY with you? " .... You still won't answer yes or no about homosexuality, pedophilia, sex with multiple partners being okay...and good for society.
Dude

Winchester, VA

#52 Mar 5, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go slowly for you...Post #39 in response to post # 29... in response to "So you accept all these deviations from healthy human behavior as okay, and they are NOT a loosening of our social morality? Just want to clarify. So, they are OKAY with you? " .... You still won't answer yes or no about homosexuality, pedophilia, sex with multiple partners being okay...and good for society.
I read both and neither defined "which" argument that you two were debating, it was referred to as "the argument." It started with 'sez you' praying for us to be saved from the southern baptists, and you posting in response,"And now the ethnic/religious slurs begin...run out of arguments?" Go as slow as you want.

I never wrote that either were okay, or not okay. You were trying to obfuscate the debate that you and I were having by accusing me of not taking a position, to which I replied it is not relevant to the debate that we're having. You're presenting a false argument when you suggest that pedophilia is an equivalent to homosexuality or having had sex with more than one person in one's life, which is a non sequitur. For the third time, I don't have to answer the question because it is not relevant to the debate. We're not having a cause vs effect debate; we're having a cause debate, period.

I don't think our 'mores' are becoming looser, in fact as a society I think we're becoming more moral. Morality is subjective to those that hold it and is not an immutable standard.

In post #29, you wrote that "acceptance of homosexuality, multiple partners, large group sex, non-commitment to one partner for life, and eventually acceptance of child porn are NOT indicative of the loosing of our social mores? Any one of the above could have gotten you stoned to death in the past."

Despite the fact that you use non sequiturs by looping in crimes versus juveniles and acts of consenting adults, I find that because we don't subjectively stone people to death for such things as witchcraft, homosexuality, spreading Christianity, or consenting adults having sex in their own bedrooms as a pretty good sign that we are in fact, becoming more moral as a society.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#53 Mar 5, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go slowly for you...Post #39 in response to post # 29... in response to "So you accept all these deviations from healthy human behavior as okay, and they are NOT a loosening of our social morality? Just want to clarify. So, they are OKAY with you? " .... You still won't answer yes or no about homosexuality, pedophilia, sex with multiple partners being okay...and good for society.
If you use these guidelines for a moral society you live in a very very small world. While the big picture has improved for women and children there are many areas still untouched and expanding around the world. While your onnus seems to be on the sex side we'll deal with that. Sexual slavery and sex for sale by juveniles has boomed all over the world, its there and little is being done about. So whos responcible for that? We all are, including you.
Dude

Winchester, VA

#54 Mar 5, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>If you use these guidelines for a moral society you live in a very very small world. While the big picture has improved for women and children there are many areas still untouched and expanding around the world. While your onnus seems to be on the sex side we'll deal with that. Sexual slavery and sex for sale by juveniles has boomed all over the world, its there and little is being done about. So whos responcible for that? We all are, including you.
It's boomed because of the ease of information sharing. It has, though, at the same time become less socially acceptable, or more morally taboo.(And legally more enforceable) All of which, proves that our 'mores' are not loosening at all, and in fact, becoming quite the opposite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john know Apr 22 mama bear 1
yall niggdddasd is fakkkddkkeee Apr 20 Rick James 2
News Journalism school to release review of Rolling ... Apr 19 Finished being nice 7
News City Council to vote on Lee-Jackson Day observance Apr 16 Time Traveler 4
News NAACP Requests Data On Court Fines Apr 16 sam 5
Charlottesville Music Thread (Sep '14) Apr 7 Musikologist 2
News Springsteen Holds Free Concert to Rally Obama S... (Oct '12) Apr 7 swedenforever 128
More from around the web

Crozet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]