Churchville Man Arrested on Credit Ca...

Churchville Man Arrested on Credit Card Fraud Charges

There are 6 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 8, 2013, titled Churchville Man Arrested on Credit Card Fraud Charges. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

He's one of two people accused of stealing credit cards and using them to rack up purchases at department stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Wouldn't a law requiring input of a pin to purchase w/ cc put an end to much of this?
Banker

Raleigh, NC

#2 Feb 12, 2013
huck wrote:
Wouldn't a law requiring input of a pin to purchase w/ cc put an end to much of this?
Yep. So would requiring a photo ID. I don't understand why stores don't require an ID for card purchases, they do ask when you write a check. Virginians would love that, they hate photo ID's.
Lone Justice

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Dumb & Dumber!
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. So would requiring a photo ID. I don't understand why stores don't require an ID for card purchases, they do ask when you write a check. Virginians would love that, they hate photo ID's.
Because the banking lobby has fought every attempt to do so. It reduces the financial institution's tax liability. End credit card fraud loss write offs and it would be mandatory the next day, if not sooner.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. So would requiring a photo ID. I don't understand why stores don't require an ID for card purchases, they do ask when you write a check. Virginians would love that, they hate photo ID's.
They do in California, but thats in the real world.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>
Virginians would love that, they hate photo ID's.
depends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a couple of homeless people Feb 6 Hospitalityhouseg... 5
Looking for dick Feb 5 Denny 2
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling Feb 3 screwem 5
Teresa Casey... Jan 17 Sam 1
News Police Find City Woman On I-64 Jan 11 Debra 1
I'm horny as hell (Oct '14) Jan '16 Forever_Angel 5
jobs that dont piss test in crozet (Sep '14) Sep '15 Honestly 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crozet Mortgages