Piedmont Housing Alliance Hosting Fai...

Piedmont Housing Alliance Hosting Fair Housing Forum

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 19, 2013, titled Piedmont Housing Alliance Hosting Fair Housing Forum. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A Charlottesville nonprofit is working to fight discrimination. The group says there is a fair housing gap across the Charlottesville area, and now it's hosting an event to tackle the issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

RNR

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 22, 2013
While I do not condone discrimination in any form, has anyone considered that some people do not want to rent to a family with kids bc kids have a tendency to do damage to the home, i.e. marked up walls, mud on the carpet etc... I know my own 2 young ones have sure done a number on our home. And some places do not have the accommodations for a person with a disability. There are lots of factors. And frankly, if I were to rent out a place that I owned, I should be able to choose whomever I want to become my tenant.
Intelligence

Crozet, VA

#2 Apr 22, 2013
This article really doesn't say anything useful at all. What are the problems other then the horrid D word discrimination?! Are the ones feeling they are discriminated against upset because they cannot afford to live where they wish to live and want prices lowered to fit their budgets? To that all I can say is dream on and live out somewhere cheaper. This is the USA your rights end where mine begin!
Cruz

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 22, 2013
I would love to know the actual number of people reporting any of this in the area. They did all the calling and I would like to know just how they selected the area and landlord targeted.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 22, 2013
Cruz wrote:
I would love to know the actual number of people reporting any of this in the area. They did all the calling and I would like to know just how they selected the area and landlord targeted.
Answe? 0. The biggest problem with a diverse market? Most often the nice new tenent abusses the rules of occupation, when they get in the door, a week later here comes every Hakeem, Jamal, and Mohammad setting up residence. Happens ALL the time.
Just Checking

Herndon, VA

#5 Apr 22, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Answe? 0. The biggest problem with a diverse market? Most often the nice new tenent abusses the rules of occupation, when they get in the door, a week later here comes every Hakeem, Jamal, and Mohammad setting up residence. Happens ALL the time.
Bomb Cowboys?
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 22, 2013
Just Checking wrote:
<quoted text>
Bomb Cowboys?
That's not the gun cowboys sez you; it's the other sez you.
Anonymous

Chantilly, VA

#7 Apr 22, 2013
RNR wrote:
While I do not condone discrimination in any form, has anyone considered that some people do not want to rent to a family with kids bc kids have a tendency to do damage to the home, i.e. marked up walls, mud on the carpet etc... I know my own 2 young ones have sure done a number on our home. And some places do not have the accommodations for a person with a disability. There are lots of factors. And frankly, if I were to rent out a place that I owned, I should be able to choose whomever I want to become my tenant.
sooooo......you don't condone discrimination - unless you, or some other landlord is doing it?
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#8 Apr 22, 2013
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the gun cowboys sez you; it's the other sez you.
Spells like gun cowboy sez lol. Hi sez don't worry i go for content not grammar
Cville is safe

Ruckersville, VA

#9 Apr 22, 2013
Why not rent to a family who after 1st month refuses to pay rent and then cost landlord two years in court to finally get them evicted.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 22, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Spells like gun cowboy sez lol. Hi sez don't worry i go for content not grammar
Well, there are worse things to be known for.
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#11 Apr 22, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there are worse things to be known for.
I know sez. You always get your point across and that is what counts.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 23, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>I know sez. You always get your point across and that is what counts.
Yeh, and some don't like it, but hey, thats whats so amazing about the human race, we're all the same but we all have a different take on stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 9 hr Chilli J 134
Arresting Looters is White Supremacy 21 hr you hate the truth 15
News Gov: Removing Confederate statues like losing 9... Thu southern at heart 130
Trump is an Israeli-created caricature of America Sep 20 you hate the truth 17
News Combating the threat of white supremacy Sep 20 INFIDEL 269
Are you secret gay if you eat a bannanna? Sep 19 ralph 1
Charlottesville: A Govt. act of Psychological ... Sep 19 DonaldMcDumpfHeil... 3

Crozet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crozet Mortgages