Old Trail Residents Hear About Coming...

Old Trail Residents Hear About Coming Developments

There are 20 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 14, 2013, titled Old Trail Residents Hear About Coming Developments. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Big changes are coming to the Old Trail neighborhood in Crozet and Thursday night people got a chance to learn the ins and outs of the project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Crozet is my home

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Growth is inevitable, but it should be wisely done. OT is already very congested with a great deal of through traffic. Adding a hotel is not wise, especially when there is a perfect and logical place in Crozet downtown. The lumber yard would be a great place for a hotel, especially since it would support the walking town image. The train station (now our library) is to be a Visitor/History Center, there are several restaurants, the new library and easy access to the wineries and Star Hill.
Has the ACSB planned on the demand of hundreds of new homes? Will the roads support it, what about Police and Fire? With the limited driveway parking in OT the narrow side streets will be cluttered with cars, adding to the congestion.
There is a way to grow wisely, but often the desire to make money for yourself blinds you to the damage you are doing to the community.
OT has proven it does not respect the rare scenic beauty of the property when they basically walled off the view with 3 story town homes right on top of the road. Couldn't have put those in the back and a garden home along the road?
MONEY is always the strongest voice.
bopper

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Old Trail, I dont see a stinking tree. Reminds me of concrete northern city style life that is not a prt of the south at all. Aka liberal living
KwestShun

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Mar 15, 2013
I think that there are already plenty of people that get behind the wheel after a few drinks. If there is a hotel, they would probably stick around there rather than go out driving.
sadieuva

Collinsville, VA

#4 Mar 15, 2013
I am not sure it is possible for Crozet and Old Trail to fell part of each other. Old Trail is really a bedroom community for Charlottesville.
Figures

Washington, DC

#5 Mar 15, 2013
So Old Trail wants to feel like part of Crozet, huh? Well here's an idea......bull doze the entire development and send every single last resident back to Northern Virginia where they came from and let the trees grow back. You aren't part of Crozet....you're an envasion of Crozet, and trust me, the Crozet residents do NOT look at you like you're "part of the group". You destroyed what Crozet used to be! Every one of you
Surprise

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 15, 2013
Ask the developers who profited if they care OT is not part of Crozet. It comes down to what side of the tracks you live on - figuratively and literally.

The unspoken reality is the board's actions has been the equivalent to ethnic cleansing. Sit back and watch as it unfolds.
Rational

Bremo Bluff, VA

#7 Mar 15, 2013
I was really hoping that article was going to say they were tearing OT down. Very disappointed. At this rate, they should just go ahead and pave over the whole countryside out there with ugly new, crappy buildings. Who needs nature and scenic views anyway?
King Ralph

Gladys, VA

#8 Mar 15, 2013
Figures wrote:
So Old Trail wants to feel like part of Crozet, huh? Well here's an idea......bull doze the entire development and send every single last resident back to Northern Virginia where they came from and let the trees grow back. You aren't part of Crozet....you're an envasion of Crozet, and trust me, the Crozet residents do NOT look at you like you're "part of the group". You destroyed what Crozet used to be! Every one of you
Who says they want to be part of Crozet and join the inbreed and old bitter person carousel
jjjrrreer

Waynesboro, VA

#9 Mar 15, 2013
Figures wrote:
So Old Trail wants to feel like part of Crozet, huh? Well here's an idea......bull doze the entire development and send every single last resident back to Northern Virginia where they came from and let the trees grow back. You aren't part of Crozet....you're an envasion of Crozet, and trust me, the Crozet residents do NOT look at you like you're "part of the group". You destroyed what Crozet used to be! Every one of you
By far the best post I have ever read on here......every word you typed is 100% true... Old Trail totally ruined what Crozet used to be...
King Ralph

Gladys, VA

#10 Mar 15, 2013
One more thing - you can blame the City council for the influx of "undesirables" to Crozet. I personally know 6 people who moved out there because it was the only place to buy affordable housing while having non-gridlock access to town and good schools that aren't infested by PC idiots or criminals-to-be.

If the roadway systems weren't 40 years from adequate, useless school boards didn't foster liberal idiocy, and the City gestapo actually made a push for modernization rather than little dirtbag granola communities like Woolen Mills, you'd be able to keep your rustic wonderland.
Reality

Altavista, VA

#11 Mar 15, 2013
King Ralph wrote:
One more thing - you can blame the City council for the influx of "undesirables" to Crozet. I personally know 6 people who moved out there because it was the only place to buy affordable housing while having non-gridlock access to town and good schools that aren't infested by PC idiots or criminals-to-be.
If the roadway systems weren't 40 years from adequate, useless school boards didn't foster liberal idiocy, and the City gestapo actually made a push for modernization rather than little dirtbag granola communities like Woolen Mills, you'd be able to keep your rustic wonderland.
If you'd stop insulting the hippies for a minute, you'd realize that there is NOTHING affordable about Old Trail. You can by a bungalow on a city lot in Woolen Mills for 100k less than what a condo with no land goes for in Old Trail.

And, yes, Old Trail is the ruination of Crozet. Here's a little tidbit for you, King Raplh, though I have to warn you it might blow your mind. The ONLY reason Ann Malek is on the BOS is because David Wyant voted for each and every little piece of development that came before the BOS.....And then they started building Old Trail and the entire Whitehall district had a collective holy shit moment and voted in an anti-growth candidate. So when you're done blaming the hippies and "PC idiots" and "liberal idiocy" and other assorted "dirtbags" for why the world is the way it is, you can blame Old Trail and the developers run amok in the county for a BOS that must really get your palms sweaty.
Crozet is my home

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 15, 2013
People are attracted to the area for the environment, the schools, the restaurants, & some of the schools. Most people want to feel a part of the community when they move in. Sadly, the ones already there want to shut the door behind themselves & do not welcome the new people. The new people are not made to feel a part of the community & without that investment of the heart & mind a great deal is lost for all.
If you do not want any growth or anyone to buy your house, gas, food, hardware, medicines etc. then you need to be very active & shut down all growth. Buy that huge piece of land from the dead farmer's estate instead of letting a developer buy it. Your community will die but you will be happy right?
last one at the party

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 15, 2013
Figures wrote:
So Old Trail wants to feel like part of Crozet, huh? Well here's an idea......bull doze the entire development and send every single last resident back to Northern Virginia where they came from and let the trees grow back. You aren't part of Crozet....you're an envasion of Crozet, and trust me, the Crozet residents do NOT look at you like you're "part of the group". You destroyed what Crozet used to be! Every one of you
right, "now that i'm here, close development". First, existing residents chose a product that was available. If original crozet wanted the land to be free & public, it should of been purchased for that reason and prevented development.
King Ralph

Gladys, VA

#14 Mar 15, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd stop insulting the hippies for a minute, you'd realize that there is NOTHING affordable about Old Trail. You can by a bungalow on a city lot in Woolen Mills for 100k less than what a condo with no land goes for in Old Trail.
And, yes, Old Trail is the ruination of Crozet. Here's a little tidbit for you, King Raplh, though I have to warn you it might blow your mind. The ONLY reason Ann Malek is on the BOS is because David Wyant voted for each and every little piece of development that came before the BOS.....And then they started building Old Trail and the entire Whitehall district had a collective holy **** moment and voted in an anti-growth candidate. So when you're done blaming the hippies and "PC idiots" and "liberal idiocy" and other assorted "dirtbags" for why the world is the way it is, you can blame Old Trail and the developers run amok in the county for a BOS that must really get your palms sweaty.
LOLOLOL the hovels out in Woolen Mills are eyesores that should have been torn down 20 years ago when they were only 30 years old. But because of the joke of zoning laws that make it impossible to develop in "historic" Charlottesville, you have a huge area of garbage development with old roads, shanties, that no one outside of self righteous locals could ever care about.

That just proves how simpleminded the majority of the area's residents are. They want quiet residential area but can't fathom with their pea brains that tax revenues for the additional schools, more police, etc have to come from SOMEwhere. And I tell you, it's not going to be from 65 year olds on fixed pensions who can't wait to complain with their unlimited free time about how their delicate sensibilities are offended that the area's not the exact same as it was 40 years ago. So we get higher property taxes, a joke of infrastructure, fewer employers where anyone can get higher paying jobs. All to appease the withered, small minded old locals who can't wrap their minds around change. So instead, everything gets pushed out of the city and now the costs are HIGHER because we need new construction, a roadway system that has to stretch out 20 miles in each direction instead of 5 to account for that 5's inadequacy, and everyone in the outlying counties gets angry too.

Thanks for proving the wisdom of the adage that there's no fool like an old fool.
duuuu

South Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 15, 2013
like it or not, this monstrosity is now a part of crozet. There were no objections when the money was rolling in like water, now all of a sudden you are worried about the impact on downtown crozet? Rt 250 is way overcrowded, when are you going to figgure out that there will be more and more traffic on that road?
Reality

Altavista, VA

#16 Mar 15, 2013
duuuu wrote:
like it or not, this monstrosity is now a part of crozet. There were no objections when the money was rolling in like water, now all of a sudden you are worried about the impact on downtown crozet? Rt 250 is way overcrowded, when are you going to figgure out that there will be more and more traffic on that road?
First of all, there was large scale local opposition to Old Trail when it was proposed 12 years ago, and people have been worried about downtown Crozet since forever--the whole "Master Planning Process" got underway 20 years ago as a direct result of that worry. Don't know where you've been, but you're late to the party on both counts. Anyhow, the money rolled in to two places: developers and the BOS visa a vie the promise of increased tax revenue (plus of course the usual proffers). It should surprise exactly nobody that money got Old Trail built over vocal and consistent local opposition. How much local opposition? Like I said earlier, David Wyant got voted out of office over Old Trail, which is an excellent gauge of it.

Secondly, let me educate you on 250. One of many problems with plunking down another 10,000 people in Crozet is that 250 from Afton to Cville is both a designated VA "Scenic Byway" and Cville "Entrance Corridor." Therefore it ain't getting turned into 4 lanes. If you think it's "way overcrowded" now, just give it a few more years.....And we certainly don't need you chiming in to explain that to us.
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#17 Mar 15, 2013
I was not impressed by the golf course. Rather bland imo
Yep

Altavista, VA

#18 Mar 15, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
I was not impressed by the golf course. Rather bland imo
No joke. It would be hard to find a more generic collection of holes. Given the piece of land they had to work with, I could've designed a better golf course on it. And the 18th hole? Wow. Just wow.
Yep

Altavista, VA

#19 Mar 15, 2013
King Ralph wrote:
One more thing - you can blame the City council for the influx of "undesirables" to Crozet. I personally know 6 people who moved out there because it was the only place to buy affordable housing while having non-gridlock access to town and good schools that aren't infested by PC idiots or criminals-to-be.
If the roadway systems weren't 40 years from adequate, useless school boards didn't foster liberal idiocy, and the City gestapo actually made a push for modernization rather than little dirtbag granola communities like Woolen Mills, you'd be able to keep your rustic wonderland.
What exactly are you "king" of? Your mom's basement? Don't you have a 2nd amendment thread somewhere to be trolling? You know 6 people who moved from the city to 15 miles outside of the city because they needed an easier commute into the city? WTF does that even mean? How can you possibly think that you're proving any sort of coherent point by making up such useless garbage? Don't you have anything better to do? Oh that's right, that's the whole troll MO: nothing better to do. The other poster is right--you can't sniff anything in Old Trail for less than $300k. Do you really think that folks from c'ville are flocking out there for "affordable housing." That argument is almost as compelling as your argument about people moving out of the city because they need an easier commute into the city. And yes, it is all the dirtbag liberals' fault. You sir, are a first rate imbecile.
King Ralph

Gladys, VA

#20 Mar 15, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly are you "king" of? Your mom's basement? Don't you have a 2nd amendment thread somewhere to be trolling? You know 6 people who moved from the city to 15 miles outside of the city because they needed an easier commute into the city?**** does that even mean? How can you possibly think that you're proving any sort of coherent point by making up such useless garbage? Don't you have anything better to do? Oh that's right, that's the whole troll MO: nothing better to do. The other poster is right--you can't sniff anything in Old Trail for less than $300k. Do you really think that folks from c'ville are flocking out there for "affordable housing." That argument is almost as compelling as your argument about people moving out of the city because they need an easier commute into the city. And yes, it is all the dirtbag liberals' fault. You sir, are a first rate imbecile.
Ok, like, are you functionally retarded? There are multiple housing developments in Crozet. They obviously didn't move to Old Trail, and they didn't want to overpay for a POS 3 room hovel which is what they would have gotten in any of the NON-ghetto areas of Charlottesville for what they paid for a 3 story house in Crozet.

Being that the Charlottesville School system's administration is all inept, PC dbags presiding over another ghetto operation, they also didn't want their newborn-to-be being part of a libtard social experiment instead of growing up with a good education.

Really, if you idiots took 5 minutes to think before blindly defending your crapass little town and instead focused on improving it, it might be more than a garbage smelling leech wrapped around UVA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nazis Want Back Into Charlottesville. Who Will ... 2 hr Globalism is Crime 1
News Some new graduates have list of demands for UVA 3 hr Globalism is Crime 1
'Crozet, the Little Town that Could'? Sat Mary 5
News Where Did the Alt-Right Go? May 18 trythealtleft2day 5
News Teacher on leave for showing teen girls 'highly... May 14 Gematria News Sta... 2
News Upgrades at Area Water Treatment Systems Could ... May 11 Bob 1
News VDOT Working to Save Lives and Taxpayer Dollars... May 3 Luke 1

Crozet Jobs

Personal Finance

Crozet Mortgages