Former Police Officer & Teacher Arres...

Former Police Officer & Teacher Arrested on Child Porn Charges - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N...

There are 69 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 27, 2012, titled Former Police Officer & Teacher Arrested on Child Porn Charges - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

In December 2011 the Albemarle County Police received a complaint regarding sexual abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Since: Apr 12

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Apr 27, 2012
Take it easy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was respectful and just voicing my opinion that we should leave the family out of a situation as shocking and sad as this. I even responded clarifying that I didn't think the original poster was being malicious or mean, just that I am worried this story is going to be all over Facebook and people will keep bringing the son up. I think he would prefer to be left out...
Unfortunately, this son is going to inevitably get caught in the crossfire, and I agree that that's sad. Unfortunately, Mr. Long's family will suffer because of his lewd actions and that's even worse. Take It Easy, I understand where you are coming from, and I also understand where Whitehall is coming from. I don't know this family, I was never in any band but it's still a cruddy situation and I do certainly feel for all involved!
I Left Cville Socialism

Waynesboro, VA

#22 Apr 27, 2012
If found guilty, then I hope they go for the maximum penalties due to the "abuse of power" position. Cops and public figures are supposed to be role models for kids to idolize, not get Sanduskified by.
eyesympetheyes

Crozet, VA

#23 Apr 27, 2012
Eyed like two know what his political afiliation is? Sometimes it is easier to discredit somewon when they click on a non-suspecting link with there computer.
Woodrowski

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Apr 27, 2012
Castrate and Hang'm or tattoo molester on his forehead and let him loose in the general prison population.
Guardian

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Apr 27, 2012
This is why I say and will continue to say that you can not trust anyone just because they are wearing a badge. This was a pervert who wore a badge, carried a gun and exerted his will over our chidren. Think about about that one for awhile.
Bruce

Monroeville, NJ

#26 Apr 27, 2012
After reading some of the post of common eveyda people on here about this story, I'm really happy and glad that only a few of us, are allowed to work in the justice system. Because if a regular person was in control of putting people away for a crime, without being proven guilty, then everyone would be locked up for something before a trial. Some people are so fast to judge, and don't look at the evidence first., or allow the truth to come out first. Thats our job, to get at the truth, and then put away and charge the guilty. Not beforehand. Some of these people, with fast judgments, would look at it the other way if it was them on the other end of a charge.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#27 Apr 27, 2012
typical cop . above the law.
Decaf Anyone

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Apr 27, 2012
Passing the decaf out to everyone.
Liberalace

Martinsville, VA

#29 Apr 27, 2012
Wow, I cannot believe this chap was working in schools. He has all the hallmarks of a pedophile:
1. Beefy, red lips.
2. Bad John Edwards sweepover haircut.
3. Jacquard blue sweater buttoned-up all the way to the neck.
4. Lazy, wanton eyes.

Shall I say more? This guy was a dicking timebomb.

Anyway, here's to our world class law enforcement and educational pillars of the community!

(BTW, whatever happened to Harold Pillar, Scottsville councilperson from the late 1990s??)

R.I.P.: Jeffrey Dahmer (a heck of a nice guy but was obsessed with Laotian foods)
Reality Check

Palmyra, VA

#30 Apr 27, 2012
I am amazed that our society today is so quick to judge people. So just because you see someone on TV or the internet you just automatically assume the person is guilty. Send him to jail you say. People should not judge until you know the whole truth. Did it ever occur to anyone that there is always two sides to a story. You never heard his yet. Can we just give Farrell a fair trail before convicting him????
MJenks

Fredericksburg, VA

#31 Apr 27, 2012
Mr. Long was my 2nd Grade and 4th Grade teacher at Burley Moran. This is such a shock to hear for me and my family. He was one of my favorite teachers. Just very disappointed see this news. It is hard to forgive something like this if found guilty but I personally and going to try to remember him as the great teacher he was for me. If found guilty I feel extremely sorry for the victims. Never expected this in a million years.
just the facts

Johnson City, TN

#32 Apr 27, 2012
Bruce wrote:
After reading some of the post of common eveyda people on here about this story, I'm really happy and glad that only a few of us, are allowed to work in the justice system. Because if a regular person was in control of putting people away for a crime, without being proven guilty, then everyone would be locked up for something before a trial. Some people are so fast to judge, and don't look at the evidence first., or allow the truth to come out first. Thats our job, to get at the truth, and then put away and charge the guilty. Not beforehand. Some of these people, with fast judgments, would look at it the other way if it was them on the other end of a charge.
"only a few of us, are allowed to work in the justice system." Are you kidding? Look who abuses cell phones behind the wheel more than anybody else...cops. Sit at an intersection and just watch. They regularly speed, talk and text while driving, hit people in a wheel chair while in a cross walk then charge them to cover their ass, and have sex scandals when they are supposed to be working earning their pay from the taxpayers. What do all of the people above have in common? A.C.P.D.
Donny cashin

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Apr 27, 2012
This is creepy wrote:
I used to be a student at MHS and was in the band during the time he worked with the boosters. I can't believe he was around all of us kids. I feel very disturbed after reading this story...
oh no...now i guess you'll be sueing for the emotional turmoil....geezsus
George S

Jemison, AL

#34 Apr 27, 2012
Tip wrote:
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our society is obsessed with sex and perversion that the people involved can get away with it. This involves not just teachers, police, but everyone in all levels of social class. It's like drugs, as long as there is a market for it. there will be the suppliers.
I do not agree that it is "our society"--it is the same around the world.
George S

Jemison, AL

#35 Apr 27, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
I am amazed that our society today is so quick to judge people. So just because you see someone on TV or the internet you just automatically assume the person is guilty. Send him to jail you say. People should not judge until you know the whole truth. Did it ever occur to anyone that there is always two sides to a story. You never heard his yet. Can we just give Farrell a fair trail before convicting him????
With teachers and cops there are never two side to a story, only what they claim against anyone else. The truth rarely matters, only their ability to acvuse.

This creates a general sentiment to pay-back those who get caught comitting chargable wrong-doing.
Optimist Prime

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Apr 27, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
I am amazed that our society today is so quick to judge people. So just because you see someone on TV or the internet you just automatically assume the person is guilty. Send him to jail you say. People should not judge until you know the whole truth. Did it ever occur to anyone that there is always two sides to a story. You never heard his yet. Can we just give Farrell a fair trail before convicting him????
I'm glad to see that someone who actually wants to see the other side. I have known Farrell for just a few years now, but I was able to see that he did do a lot and contributed to his society and the youth. I do know that some people may argue that he was just doing that to get to the kids, and I completely agree. But unless you slow down, and ask the right questions, you will never know whether or not he was a truly good person who gave into his flaw, or was purely cynical. I personally have only seen good come out of this man, of course this situation changes how I see him, but that isn't going to make me completely forget everything he has done for me and my peers.
Thinking Right

Bowie, MD

#37 Apr 27, 2012
Teachers are scum.
outraged mom

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Apr 27, 2012
So why is he not locked up???
Seeitnow

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Apr 28, 2012
Where do the child porno and molester folks go? To the places that feed their desires--schools, police departments, social work, churches, food services, and parks and recreation and other kid programs.
Parents you need to educate yourselves on this stuff to protect your babies. These folks are all over the place so stop being shocked and start taking action! Don't get in a panic but please do pay attention! Talk and listen to your kids ok?
Judis

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Apr 28, 2012
Mr.Long was a good man...everyone has skeletons in their closet...I have been a band member for the past four years and a lot of you people aren't even from around here and don't even know this man! He is one of the most helpful people i have known in my life....to find this out is disheartening and heart breaking... Just to let you know...he NEVER exerted his "power" over the kids at MHS he was always a very kind man was always willing to help any of us when it came to marching band...

I'm not saying what he did was wrong, but i am saying he is not a horrible monster as you and the media are portraying him....We all have monsters we are trying to escape...this just finally caught up to him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crozet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlottesville criminal legislators who happen... 14 hr WesFelony 1
News The First Family Nov 19 Mohamad dRACIST 18
UVA Students Nov 15 George Wallace 2
Trump vs Clinton 2016 (The Issues, candidate po... Nov '16 MAGA2016 1
jobs that dont piss test in crozet (Sep '14) Sep '15 Honestly 2
News Local Painter Finishes Mural at Starr Hill (Jul '15) Jul '15 steve pritt 1
News Fluvanna Parents Petition Supervisors for Schoo... (Mar '13) Jul '15 Just Moved In 73

Crozet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crozet Mortgages