Police shoot Turlock man who stomped ...

Police shoot Turlock man who stomped toddler to death in front of horrified motorists

There are 59 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 15, 2008, titled Police shoot Turlock man who stomped toddler to death in front of horrified motorists. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A vehicle travels past a blood stain on W. Bradberry Rd. east of Blaker Rd. in rural Stanislaus County, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
doug

Oakland, CA

#2 Jun 15, 2008
I could only guess this man monster was possesed by something evil, as I would like to believe no human being can be so unspeakably brutal to such an innocent child. My heart aches for him. May the poor child RIP.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Jun 16, 2008
This has to be one of the most sad things I have ever heard.I think it would be nice sometimes if the bee wasn't so informative.
Mother of two

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2008
How did this guy end up with custody of the child in the first place? From my understanding people don't just lose it to that severity in one day. One more reason to support your local police department in all of their anti-narcotics efforts. Next time you think we (as a county)don't have a drug problem, remember this article.
Fish

Oakland, CA

#5 Jun 16, 2008
METH STRIKES AGAIN.
bunny

United States

#6 Jun 16, 2008
I am crying and sick to my stomach just reading this article. The little angel is being hugged by God right now, so that is the only good thing. I feel for the witnesses and law who have to relive this gruesome scene for the rest of their lives. I know this will forever remain in my memory and I was on scene.
bunny

United States

#7 Jun 16, 2008
Oops, I meant to say: "And I was NOT on scene."
joe

Roswell, GA

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Alcohol or Meth is a very good guess. I doubt is was that evil weed. Sad story.

“Hello”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 16, 2008
God is hugging this little angel right now.And the father is burning in hell as we speak.How anyone can harm an innocent soul as a baby is beyond my comprehension.
Gail Levey

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jun 16, 2008
Demons - drugs and religion. What an unbelievably heinous crime...the officer should get a medal for killing the scum.
Pet Kattle

San Francisco, CA

#11 Jun 16, 2008
If a bystander or witness is going to get involved it must be done with pure conviction and commitment and intent to disable the perpetrator. Seconds can mean life or death.
Allen

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2008
Too bad nobody (civilian) had a gun. Oh, wait; that's likely illegal.

Chopper pilot should have brought it down right on top of the monster, maybe shooting him on the way down.

I agree; probably meth, maybe with booze. And there are a LOT more, just waiting to go crazy. Maybe in your 'hood.
the dog

San Jose, CA

#13 Jun 16, 2008
Heart Braking.

Glad the cops plugged the guy.

Now we can start to put it to rest and heal from the story. Just heart braking.
Another Unreal

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Jun 16, 2008
Another example of victims having no rights. If someone had physically stopped the man from beating the child, they would have been arrested. The officer must also hesitate before using the proper force. He is not allowed to use his better judgment. The perpetrators have us decent people by the laws we allow them to enact.
Question

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Jun 16, 2008
Why isn't drug use stopped? You and I both know that it could be with larger penalties. Poor me--I had an abused childhood. Get a grip.
Live oak

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Jun 16, 2008
Some times people just go crazy.
The War on drugs takes parents away from kids more than it protects them.
Drugg use is not to blame every time.
This is hands down One of the worst things I have ever heard.

If I could unread it I think I would
wildman

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jun 16, 2008
I feel sorry for the officer who had to shoot the idiot, and anyone who had to witness this tragedy.
WOPA

Berkeley, CA

#18 Jun 16, 2008
Instant JUSTICE !
Jim

Oakland, CA

#19 Jun 16, 2008
Thank god this scumbag didnt survive. Then we would have had to endure weeks of trial, hearing how this poor man was mistreated as a child and how drugs had taken over his life..Great Job officer. He/She can rest easy knowing they took some true scum off this planet. Now for the next one.
Downtowner

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jun 16, 2008
This is a horrible nightmarish event. My heart goes out to the family.
I had family that lived in modesto, they were older and needed to be checked up on weekly. I dreaded going there, it has some of the seediest areas...lots of gangs, tons of meth use, lots of tweakers all over and all alongside regular families and hard working people.
I guarantee this man was a methamphetamine addict, it often manifests schizophrenic behavior. Meth is an epidemic especially in areas like this, lots of agriculture/industrial area, very little culture. Not much to stimulate a person aside from drugs sex and drink. A dangerous combination.

Dont do meth! this guy should be the anti-meth posterboy.
Point

Campbell, CA

#21 Jun 16, 2008
WOPA wrote:
Instant JUSTICE !
You call that justice. Getting shot for brutally beating an infant to death?

I was thinking a little more along the lines of lifelong torture as being justice. Maybe slowly being eaten by rats, or at least some bamboo shoots up the fingernails.

This guy got off easy. Very sad story. Very troubling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crows Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know Mike who owns the LampLighter Apts ... Thu SharingGodsGlory 18
News Patterson High Seeks Peace After Gang Brawl (Sep '07) Dec 4 Lawrence 12
Apartments??? Dec 4 NSS 1
LampLighter apts. Nov 26 AmericanCitizen 16
News Vallejo teenager drowns in San Joaquin River; c... (Sep '07) Oct '16 waste of time 27
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Oct '16 Sooki 74
Bella Esmail Moore-Your whole family including ... Sep '16 bella esmail moore 3

Crows Landing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crows Landing Mortgages