Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,161 - 163,180 of 200,343 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
....The Mighty Big D has spoken! He does not feel the need to cross that bridge...
Bravo! You have summed up his entire argument against true marriage equality very succinctly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK you stick with the slippery slope, but I should warn you, it wonít bother anyone other than you people that are already scared to death that same sex couples can marry in 10 states and one district and are recognized in 12 and that number is growing every year.
That argument wont work on anyone else, and your numbers are dwindling as to the folks that argument will work on.
It certainly didnít work with the courts, I donít know who you are trying to convince. That kind of "scary" argument will only work on the fearful and those that already want to dictate to everyone else what they are allowed to do.
No one is scared to death over same sex marriage, drama queen. What are the latest percentages of people who support it? Does that look like Americans being scared to death of it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I donít have an frustration except I keep making the mistake of overestimating your reasoning capacity.
Do I have to explain it to you again? I would vote in favor of Poly marriage, I have not been arguing against it at all, you cannot separate in your pea brain discussion about an issue regarding it and the actual position.
You are like a village idiot with one foot nailed to the floor, running in circles and donít know what to do.
But while you run around in circles, more and more states and nations are recognizing same sex marriage. Hope that makes you happy as you claim it does.
Sure you'd vote for those sick fundies "using polygamy to commit their crimes like child molesting and welfare fraud", we believe you Big D!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I donít have an frustration except I keep making the mistake of overestimating your reasoning capacity.
Do I have to explain it to you again? I would vote in favor of Poly marriage, I have not been arguing against it at all, you cannot separate in your pea brain discussion about an issue regarding it and the actual position.
You are like a village idiot with one foot nailed to the floor, running in circles and donít know what to do.
But while you run around in circles, more and more states and nations are recognizing same sex marriage. Hope that makes you happy as you claim it does.
It's like someone saying oh hell yeah, I support SSM even though homosexuals will use it to commit their crimes of welfare fraud and child molestation. Look in the news there was a case of it in Utah.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word misused here is "always". Simply because it was done in the past, doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done now, or should be. If SSM is such a hot idea, why having societies, across time and place, incorporated it into their societal structures? Why didn't it naturally develop alongside of both monogamous, and polygamous, opposite sex marriage?
Why is it so important to base this issue on history?

I can easily go back and find that major cultures and society utilized slavery from beginning to end. It's still an issue today--some 27,000,000 people are estimated to be enslaved today around the world.

But OUR society--our country--DOES NOT condone slavery.

If we were creating policy based on what history supported, then (using your argument) there should be legalized slavery in the U.S. today.

You cannot base your arguments about how gays have been treated throughout history as an argument for how we should be treated today.

We have modern medical findings and contemporary beliefs about gays and lesbians. THAT should be the basis for how we go forward.

Same-sex marriage SHOULD BE based on its own merits--not on how history has treated the matter.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you'd vote for those sick fundies "using polygamy to commit their crimes like child molesting and welfare fraud", we believe you Big D!
and he keeps running around in a circle LOL

You arent getting anywhere Frankie.... Same Sex marriage continues to go forward.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is scared to death over same sex marriage, drama queen. What are the latest percentages of people who support it? Does that look like Americans being scared to death of it?
Oh yes they are, have you not seen them post here, frightened down to their socks.

Americans arenít of course, patriotic Americans are for freedom equality and justice, it is those that have a private little rule book that has nothing to do with US law that are acting like frightened little children.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I can easily go back and find that major cultures and society utilized slavery from beginning to end. It's still an issue today--some 27,000,000 people are estimated to be enslaved today around the world.
If we were creating policy based on what history supported, then (using your argument) there should be legalized slavery in the U.S. today.
You cannot base your arguments about how gays have been treated throughout history as an argument for how we should be treated today.
We have modern medical findings and contemporary beliefs about gays and lesbians. THAT should be the basis for how we go forward.
Same-sex marriage SHOULD BE based on its own merits--not on how history has treated the matter.
Are they on history again? Do they want to burn witches?

Protestants?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes they are, have you not seen them post here, frightened down to their socks.
Americans arenít of course, patriotic Americans are for freedom equality and justice, it is those that have a private little rule book that has nothing to do with US law that are acting like frightened little children.
"...frightened little children."

Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and he keeps running around in a circle LOL
You arent getting anywhere Frankie.... Same Sex marriage continues to go forward.
The tired old Mighty D straw man, "you're not really for what you're arguing for, prove to me you're sincere instead of the topic so I can try to win"
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, they are desperately trying to preserve the sanctity of Britney Spears "just for fun" 3 day marriage.
My marriage is not a failure, come same sex marriage or not, I donít see any reason not to deny you the same rights, privileges, recognition and yes... the word... that my wife and I have.
18,000 same sex marriages in California didnít hurt my marriage at all, not sure why their marriages are so fragile that it would hurt theirs. Maybe they should be focused on why their own marriages are so fragile rather than worry about what others are doing.
Its because they weren't real silly.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not basing anything on gays, I'm basing history and science on marriage.

ss couples cannot qualify or equate.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they on history again? Do they want to burn witches?
Protestants?
Do you want to throw Christians to the lions? Burn them on the stake?

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because they weren't real silly.
Smile.
Not only were they, they still are

18,000 legally married and recognized same sex marriages today in California
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to throw Christians to the lions? Burn them on the stake?
Smile.
That is what we do if we get all our values from history
Anonymous

Becket, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I take it you have never been off the farm and only know what your parents tell you
No I just know what I see. And I've never seen a masculine gay man. Ever!

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>No I just know what I see. And I've never seen a masculine gay man. Ever!
why do you hate america

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only were they, they still are
18,000 legally married and recognized same sex marriages today in California
They can't be. It is impossible.

It is visibly obvious they are only ever a senselessly duplicated half of marriage. A desecration of sacred design. A barren imposter relationship that is always a devastating deprivation of family imposed on a child for the sake of an illusion. A violent imitation of sexual intimacy.

There is nothing, at any level that equates a ss couple to marriage.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what we do if we get all our values from history
Hardly, that is what we do if we ignore the lessons of history.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crows Landing Discussions

Search the Crows Landing Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 7 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
Business Beat: A plethora of good places to eat Jul 16 Mary Merrill 1
Eggman lays out challenge to Denham Jul 7 gbcreque 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Jul 5 LDC 229
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crows Landing Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••