Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
151,201 - 151,220 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you fundies such racists?
The Romans had the right idea, just too few lions.
NOT racist dude, just being honest. You take every thing too personal. Your response about lions sounds violent, what does that make you ??
SLPSP

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 2013, THERE ARE STILL STUPID LITTLE PEOPLE POSTING ON THIS TIOPIC.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it? Are you going to claim nobody as stupid as you could be the end product of 1.5 billion years of evolution?
You actually believe in evolution? HAHAHAHAHA!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT racist dude, just being honest. You take every thing too personal. Your response about lions sounds violent, what does that make you ??
It makes her a racist. You can tell her that but she just won't listen. She's insane.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

SLPSP wrote:
NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 2013, THERE ARE STILL STUPID LITTLE PEOPLE POSTING ON THIS TIOPIC.
So you submit a post to confirm it. Priceless!
LowLevel

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LowLevel idiots reelected John BoneHead to the speakers position in the USA House of Representatives.

This piece of garbage from Ohio needs to be sat in the corner for ignorant idiots.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

John Boenher is BACK! GOOD!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>God, ROFLMAO, we don't have laws based on what your fictional skydaddy says. Get real, if thats all your ilk has is religion to deny same sex marriage SCOTUS is so gonna shoot your kind down.
Speaking of 'skydaddys';

Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Please do show me in any state or federal law where that right is granted.
Did you really ask where a law 'requires' child birth?

Are you serious???

Why would that be necessary?

Smirk.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Boy that "jazybird58" sure is a jackass, eh? Sheesh!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious???
Smirk.
Well there does seem to be a lot of people that think marriage is all about child birth, like they want to take away the marriages of anyone that does not have a child.

I think they are nuts. As in the kind of folks that shouldn’t be allowed around children

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
Homosexual Liars
By Pastor E.L. Bynum
Pastor?
Next.
LargeLanguage wrote:
LOL. For a sec I thought it said "Elvis".

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there does seem to be a lot of people that think marriage is all about child birth, like they want to take away the marriages of anyone that does not have a child.
I think they are nuts. As in the kind of folks that shouldn’t be allowed around children
Nice!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who thinks marriage is all about childbirth. That's another stupid statement.

Nor do I know anyone wanting to take marriage away from a couple because they don't have children. That isn't even legal.

The fact of the matter is, 96% of marriages involve children. Many of those that don't wish they could. Gay couples are 100% sterile between themselves. Silly stupid to equate that to couples who could have children and choose not to, or those who cannot.

Did you forget that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior? Homosexuality is a direct contradiction and a violent defect of the very core of evolution.

Smile.
In Mom_s Basement

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN 2013, THERE ARE STILL STUPID LITTLE PEOPLE POSTING ON THIS TOPIC.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who thinks marriage is all about childbirth. That's another stupid statement.
Nor do I know anyone wanting to take marriage away from a couple because they don't have children. That isn't even legal.
The fact of the matter is, 96% of marriages involve children. Many of those that don't wish they could. Gay couples are 100% sterile between themselves. Silly stupid to equate that to couples who could have children and choose not to, or those who cannot.
Did you forget that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior? Homosexuality is a direct contradiction and a violent defect of the very core of evolution.
Smile.
actually homosexuality is documented in dozens of species in nature, you should read up more about a subject before you post on it

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually homosexuality is documented in dozens of species in nature, you should read up more about a subject before you post on it
I had a dog once was very gay. Cute little guy but only humped the boys legs and sniffed their crotches, never the girls!

Used to get all excited and howl, sounded like he was singing. I named him "Liberace". True story.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is for people who actually love each other and want to be formally committed. Gays can't do this, so it makes this wrong.
Ummm, you posting while drunk is wrong. Go sober up.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious???
Smirk.
Hey you and your ilk keep bringing procreation up not the gay people Smirk

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants were created after the sun, the bible says that.
Wrong.
Genesis 1:11-12 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Here god creates plants. And not only were the plants created, they had time to grow.

Then, in Genesis 1:16 (that's after Genesis 1:12) "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

The greater light is the sun. Right?

And, again, I don't understand why fundies insist that all of the buy-bull is literally true, when it's clearly not. Why can't you say something like, "It's not a history lesson, it's a tale letting us know that god created everything."?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crows Landing Discussions

Search the Crows Landing Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 15 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
Business Beat: A plethora of good places to eat Jul 16 Mary Merrill 1
Eggman lays out challenge to Denham Jul 7 gbcreque 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Jul 5 LDC 229
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crows Landing Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••