What's that factory west of I-5 at Cr...
Diana and Deb

United States

#41 Jun 10, 2013
Just went by it traveling north, and the fence ends abruptly at the north end. I looked back and saw no side fence at all. Is Godzilla an the aqueduct??
Aelectrician

La Verne, CA

#42 Jul 29, 2013
Why does the fence for a dump need to be more secure than the fence protecting our country? I mean it looks like nothing at all is getting in or out. I think the government should actually take notes and put that up on our borders.
Bartholomew

South San Francisco, CA

#43 Aug 18, 2013
It's a fence factory!
p8forward

Fresno, CA

#44 Sep 29, 2013
phil wrote:
Well I drive by all the time and wonder myself ,and I look at the surrounding fence ,and as I took a closer look it appears to be built to keep things in and not out or both lots of security for incineration plant oh well .
I
It is built to keep people in, not out.... that's the disturbing part!
chuchu

San Diego, CA

#45 Oct 9, 2013
I have seen this about 10 times. I don't know what it is - but once I saw an enormous stag / deer/ thing standing in front of the huge 40-foot fence. I was driving northbound on the 5.
At first I thought the stag was a dummy - like used for baiting weirdos to shoot or I dunno, but then it turned it's head. It was bigger than any stag alive - I was actually afraid, even driving 65 miles/hour on the opposite side of a 10 lane freeway.- it was enormous - and out in the middle of nowhere with no live grass or shrubs to eat. it was summer- everything was dead - even the cows in the feedlots. I've hunted caribou in Alaska, I've seen big animals with own two eyes - this was bigger than any normal deer/caribou alive today. There is an extinct Irish deer, which was alive during the Pleistocene - and humans killed it off. It was on par or larger than that ancient deer. Just saying, it was one of the weirdest, maybe the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life - and that huge fence is pretty weird too.
Mike Arden

Sacramento, CA

#46 Nov 22, 2013
Alien beef jerky factory I think!
Drive by observer

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Dec 1, 2013
Just drove by and took a picture of a large hairy creature chasing a small green thing with large eyes. Two men in blue coveralls chasing them both. I took a picture but it's too blurry. I'm going back there to find out more .
Curious2

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Dec 6, 2013
How about this: get oe of those helicopter drones from one of the local hobyy shops (Costco sells them too). Put a Go-Pro video camera on it and fly it through the facility. If they shoot it dwn, then you know something fishy is happening inside. Go with a buddy and have him sit in a car, ready to take off once your drone gets back and hightail it out. Maybe launch it a couple hills away so youhave time to get away. As backup, have second setof friends with a camera videotaping anyone rushing out of the complex who are intent on stopping you.
Jessica

United States

#49 Dec 17, 2013
There must be something in the air, because my gay girlfriend and I just drove past it and on the other end, we were straight!!!
Yewwwww

South San Francisco, CA

#50 Dec 29, 2013
Thought it was something else.
The Qs

Citrus Heights, CA

#51 Feb 23, 2014
We walked up to it and it is actually an optical illusion. The only thing there is a one story building where they make the super secret ingredients for the Twinkie
maary

Fairfield, CA

#52 Mar 8, 2014
There is no barbed wire on the top, I just drove by.
Internet

Mountain View, CA

#53 Mar 25, 2014
Doug Mungth

United States

#54 Apr 28, 2014
Uncle Roy used to work there in the late 90s. Before he died last year he told me that the grey structure you see from the highway actually is the ventilation system for the 30,000 square-foot underground facility. The facility lies nearly 100 feet below the surface. Now he wouldn't say clearly what the facility's purpose was for my safety. But he alluded to experimental laser testing. The fence that you see is there to keep wildlife and joggers out so they don't get zapped by the lasers that shoot towards planet space.
Trashy

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Jun 7, 2014
I just went by and saw them burning Mexicans to make electricity. Now I know why the govt is letting in all the illegal aliens. Very green idea.
Creeped Out

Puyallup, WA

#56 Jun 14, 2014
If there is such a thing as Soylent Green, I think it's made there. Remember, "Soylent Green is made from people!"
Scooter

La Mesa, CA

#57 Oct 7, 2014
They burn confiscated drugs there.
Amanda

Modesto, CA

#58 Nov 8, 2014
Its a Covanta site, like several others said. They produce energy which the City of Riverside buys. The site in listed on their website.
Congress

Sacramento, CA

#59 Apr 26, 2015
Do they give tours?
Mike Daniels

San Francisco, CA

#60 May 23, 2015
There is something more than a incinerator at this place...I'm not saying anything bout UFO's but If anybody's been in a Federal building you will experience less security than this "Covanta waste Incinerator site"..That said ..there is also an abandoned NASA runway directly east from here...to the west however it 100's of square miles of federal property with no trespassing signs everywhere...atypical for was facility particularly because the "waste facility" is on county (Stanislaus) property..If you drive up to the site you get immediately stopped by the gate by heavy armed security.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crows Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bella Esmail Moore.. The F.B.I and United State... (Jan '16) 11 hr Romel Esmail 5
News Home invasion reported in Hilmar (Jan '13) Mar 17 Marie Cloud 3
YERMA Author Lorca Mar 13 Maria Santos 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Feb '17 Cindy 238
Bella Esmail Moore-Your whole family including ... (Jul '16) Feb '17 Romel Esmail 6
reward - reward - bring these 2 assyrians into ... (Jul '16) Jan '17 Bella Esmail Moore 2
Romel Esmail Wanted For Fraud!!! Bring Him In F... Dec '16 Romel Esmail 1

Crows Landing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crows Landing Mortgages