Review: Diamond Paws Pet Salon

Posted in the Crows Landing Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Horrible Grooming

Turlock, CA

#1 Dec 18, 2009
I will never take my dog to this place again. The lady was rude and clearly has little experience grooming. My vet told me she hasn't even groomed a year. Yet I was charged $45. My dog looks horrible and his ear was cut. My vet visit cost another $100. She won't even take my calls to make it right.
Haley

Waterford, CA

#2 Dec 28, 2009
This dog groomer was amazing they were so kind to my dog even though she both urinated and pooped all over the groomer out of nervousness. She really knows how to handle the dogs with care and love, and since she does everything in the open there is no worry about violence toward my pet if she misbehaves.
Great experience and my puppy is shiny and clean.
Sandra

Ceres, CA

#3 Jan 14, 2010
Horrible Grooming wrote:
I will never take my dog to this place again. The lady was rude and clearly has little experience grooming. My vet told me she hasn't even groomed a year. Yet I was charged $45. My dog looks horrible and his ear was cut. My vet visit cost another $100. She won't even take my calls to make it right.
This was brought to my attention by one of my happy clients. I know that you are slandering my business out of some sort of anger or jealousy, because I have never ever ever refused a customers calls. I am at the shop allllll dayyy everyday so if I was refusing anyones calls I am right here. I'm tired of the workers at Lisas feeling so threatened that the only way they can try to feel better is making bogus claims. And btw I have insurance so any vet bills would be taken care of my dear. Grow up and get a life. Because of this b.s. I don't feel comfortable having your best friend groom for me anymore. Too much conflict of interest. I don't want you in my shop anymore.
Margaret

Ceres, CA

#4 Jan 14, 2010
Well all I can say is I don't know why your vet would say she hasn't even been groomming a year, because I have been taking my baby to her for the last two years. She used to work at Shampooches and I don't know where she worked before that but she has been doing a great job on my two poodles. One is a Standard poodle and the other a miniature. Plus my dogs both enjoy being cage free at her new shop. Keep up the good work Sandra and don't let the negativity of your competition get you down. Turlock is a small town and not a lot to do, so people like to stir the pot a bit. Keep your chin up and keep doing what you do.
Racquel

Ceres, CA

#5 Jan 17, 2010
Loved this place. Was nervous because of the previous posts but had been recommended by a friend. Used this place yesterday and the 3 employees I interacted with were very polite and loving to my sweetie.The best part was that even though they were pretty busy, my dog was done in two hours and got to play with other doggie friends instead of being in a cage. She looked and smelled beautiful. 2 thumbs up.
Kristine

Oakdale, CA

#6 Jan 18, 2010
What is your experience, because I was told you are not a professional groomer. Do you have a liscense? What school did you attend? Whom did you train under? Were they a liscensed grooming instructor? I have been told you have no formal training and cannot groom properly. If you have grooming experience I will bring my three Bichons to you, but again this is not what is going around.
Sandra wrote:
<quoted text>This was brought to my attention by one of my happy clients. I know that you are slandering my business out of some sort of anger or jealousy, because I have never ever ever refused a customers calls. I am at the shop allllll dayyy everyday so if I was refusing anyones calls I am right here. I'm tired of the workers at Lisas feeling so threatened that the only way they can try to feel better is making bogus claims. And btw I have insurance so any vet bills would be taken care of my dear. Grow up and get a life. Because of this b.s. I don't feel comfortable having your best friend groom for me anymore. Too much conflict of interest. I don't want you in my shop anymore.
Kimberly

Turlock, CA

#7 Jan 18, 2010
I have been very satisfied with Sandra's grooming. My little guy tends to be nervous and sometimes anti-social. When he's feeling friendly I find him playing in the open with friends. When needing alone time, Sandra has accomodated his needs and put him in a sepate play pen. My dog always comes home looking beautiful and walking proud. She's even driven him home for me when I wasn't able to pick him up (child sick at home). Very dog friendly. Highly recommended by picky dog owners like myself. Thank you, Diamond Paws.
Monique

Turlock, CA

#8 Jan 18, 2010
Hey Kristine. New customers are brought in by word of mouth, recommended by friends who have had good experience. Sounds like you need a new set of friends. Go to groomer that your friend works at. If I inquired where your friend works at and found a bunch of cranky crack heads detoxing and smacking my dogs around because they can't get a fix, do you think I'd give a damned if each and every one of them had a grooming certificate? You're pathetic!
Kristine

Oakdale, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2010
Point taken. So Sandra doesn't have any training?? I asked about training, I can see that isn't important in this business.
Also maybe groomers should have background checks, DUI with child in car, Sandra? Were you driving your dogs too? Have you mentioned this to your friends and customers, you pretend to be such a good person, fraud.
Monique wrote:
Hey Kristine. New customers are brought in by word of mouth, recommended by friends who have had good experience. Sounds like you need a new set of friends. Go to groomer that your friend works at. If I inquired where your friend works at and found a bunch of cranky crack heads detoxing and smacking my dogs around because they can't get a fix, do you think I'd give a damned if each and every one of them had a grooming certificate? You're pathetic!
Randy

Ceres, CA

#13 Jan 29, 2010
Who cares about any of that. This place was great. Dog was beautiful, clean, and done in a timely manner. Most important wife was happy!:)
Dee

Turlock, CA

#14 Feb 7, 2010
I used this place yesterday for my cocker.I was so nervous because other groomers had turned my dog away for biting and being scared. I was very hesitant but had no other options. I went to pick up my dog and she was playing with the other dogs. She appeared comfortable and was clean and happy. I'll be back.
Jim Turlock ca

Rancho Cordova, CA

#15 Feb 7, 2010
Well I think she does a wonderful job as a groomer and as a dog trainer as well. She is very good with animals which is takes a special person.
Jaime

Turlock, CA

#16 Feb 22, 2010
Best place ive been to by far.. Have been to other places in town only to pick up my dogs all shaved up. They really take their time and are very patient. Thanks for the great service Diamond Paws.
Michele ceres ca

Stockton, CA

#17 Feb 23, 2010
O.K people.We get your point.Get a JOB and GET OFF THIS PAGE.Have you ever heard the saying"MEAN PEOPLE SUCK"That would be you.I have NEVER been to a grooming shop to have a dog groomed before until a client of mine needed me to take his OLLIE (poodle mix)to be groomed.So there I sat for 2 1/2 hours while Sandra groomed Ollie.From start to finish I watched.Not because I heard anything bad,but because this was NOT my dog so I needed to make sure he would be o.k.Yes,Ollie did try and bite.He clearly does NOT like to be groomed.His owner even said so.Ollie was treated like any other dog.If he got tired of her grooming one spot she would then move to another to finish up the grooming.So now that Ollie lives in turlock he will be going to sandra.Thank You, and SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!
anonomous

Modesto, CA

#18 Mar 8, 2010
Fantabulous experience. Very caring towards the animals, clean, bright, and fun atmosphere. I "spied" from the parking lot(hehehe) and was moved at the amount of patience the girls had. I've never really watched a whole grooming session before.You can count me as a regular from now on.
Michelle

Turlock, CA

#19 Apr 10, 2010
Really? I was just looking for review on dog grooming in Turlock so I could take my dog in. After reading all of this immature slandering back on forth, I frankly do not want to give my business to either shop. Guess I will be looking beyond Turlock now. Congrats, you BOTH lost a good customer. You should really keep your matters private, this was VERY unprofessional!!!
Rather amused

Turlock, CA

#20 Apr 22, 2010
I can say that I came on here to post a positive comment about my personal grooming experience at Diamond Paws but I can't quite get over all the riff raff that is on here. I can only say that my experience was happy. I don't really care about my groomers personal life. I don't read the enquirer because I'm not some nosy parker sniffing out other peoples dirty laundry. I am a school teacher and know from experience that our personal lives don't affect how I teach so why on Gods green earth would my dog groomers personal life affect how she grooms my dog. Everyone has something to be ashamed of but is it the rest of the bored worlds business? No only people that aren't busy enough worrying about their own selves and their own lives that prefer to revel in others misery get off on this kind of backlash. Its very obvious to me but maybe its just because I'm older and have a lot of worldly experience. I will probably return to your shop not just because I was happy with my groom but because I can see the depth of character you have by not slandering back. As for this previous "Michelle" neither of you lost a good customer because she was never a customer to begin with, secondly a good customer is someone that is not a participant in mudslinging,,,and apparantly Michelle can't take her own advice because she bought right into it all. Good customers are ones that are looking for a good grooming shop not whether or not you have any dirty laundry. Be happy this so called "Michelle" isn't goig to frequent your doorsteps.....
Dishwater Dan

Houston, TX

#21 Apr 26, 2010
Rather amused wrote:
I can say that I came on here to post a positive comment about my personal grooming experience at Diamond Paws but I can't quite get over all the riff raff that is on here. I can only say that my experience was happy. I don't really care about my groomers personal life. I don't read the enquirer because I'm not some nosy parker sniffing out other peoples dirty laundry. I am a school teacher and know from experience that our personal lives don't affect how I teach so why on Gods green earth would my dog groomers personal life affect how she grooms my dog. Everyone has something to be ashamed of but is it the rest of the bored worlds business? No only people that aren't busy enough worrying about their own selves and their own lives that prefer to revel in others misery get off on this kind of backlash. Its very obvious to me but maybe its just because I'm older and have a lot of worldly experience. I will probably return to your shop not just because I was happy with my groom but because I can see the depth of character you have by not slandering back. As for this previous "Michelle" neither of you lost a good customer because she was never a customer to begin with, secondly a good customer is someone that is not a participant in mudslinging,,,and apparantly Michelle can't take her own advice because she bought right into it all. Good customers are ones that are looking for a good grooming shop not whether or not you have any dirty laundry. Be happy this so called "Michelle" isn't goig to frequent your doorsteps.....
Are you any kin to the Original Amused on the Jamestown Tenn site? just curious.
Funny

Turlock, CA

#22 May 4, 2010
Just Turlock women lol
Jennifer

Merced, CA

#23 May 5, 2010
I can see that this nastiness is still the ghost of mid-life crisis lushes and dismissed (and poor) groomers past.

Diamond Paws has been fabulous every time I have taken my dogs in, which is more than I can say for some of the ones who had groomed my dog elsewhere.

Sandra has always been top notch and I have been going to her for all of my pet grooming needs for WELL over a year.
She treats my dogs lovingly and they look adorable when she is done.
She also alerts me to any issues with their ears or whatnot that might become something the vet should look at and I appreciate that quite a bit so I can nip it in the bud before it becomes something that causes the dogs any discomfort.

Kudos to you, Sandra. You are faboo (and I am looking forward to bringing Pudge for her summer cut on Friday!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crows Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost keys Dec 18 Ugiftedgirl 1
For your information. F y I Dec 18 Ugiftedgirl 1
Lost or misplaced keys Dec 18 Ugiftedgirl 2
room for rent Dec 5 nik_James 1
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Nov 30 yo mama 7
Rooftop burglaries Nov '14 Kisskathis 2
Will the water last in California? Nov '14 fish294 1
Crows Landing Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web