Renaissance Festival in search of a new, larger location

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Renaissance Festival in search of a new, larger location. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Maryland Renaissance Festival , one of the largest celebrations of 16th-century English culture in the country, is looking for a new home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Doug

Baltimore, MD

#1 Nov 3, 2008
No,no,no.I't's already too crowded.shrink it, if anything.
Robin Hood

San Francisco, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2008
I agree. It has gotten too big (25,000 people per day), expensive, and crowded.

I liked the original location and atmosphere back in the late-1970s when I was a teen. I think it was in Howard County somewhere. It was more fun, inexpensive, and low-key.

Or they could start another one nearby with a slightly different theme instead.
Doug wrote:
No,no,no.I't's already too crowded.shrink it, if anything.
C William Hartmann

AOL

#3 Mar 23, 2009
I come down from NJ every year for several weekends to The Revel Grove. This site is not only the best of any faire it also has the best prices not to mention the best production. I hear that the proprieters are being forced out by some religious zealots at the church across the street from the faire who in order to further their own interets are forcing the land owner to sell them the property to build a religios retreat and rid them of people they do not wish to see. I believe they call themselves Christians. Not the Christianity I was raised with./
Nora

Montgomery, AL

#4 Mar 27, 2009
Our family lives on Crownsville Road and even though they offer free tickets to the residents there,trying to go anywhere on the weekends during
the festival is a serioud nightmare.
When tring to leave and head toward 450 - people going to the festival are rude- not allowing you out of your driveway or even into the driveway when returning. So we have to drive alternate route to come and go.Personally I would not be sad to see it leave the area.
Robin Hood

San Francisco, CA

#5 Mar 28, 2009
Nora wrote:
Our family lives on Crownsville Road and even though they offer free tickets to the residents there,trying to go anywhere on the weekends during
the festival is a serioud nightmare.
When tring to leave and head toward 450 - people going to the festival are rude- not allowing you out of your driveway or even into the driveway when returning. So we have to drive alternate route to come and go.Personally I would not be sad to see it leave the area.
The Festival needs to be moved to a place near a highway in a rural area. I would suggest somewhere out west off of I-70--maybe around Hagerstown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Serenity Acres Treatment Center LLC (Mar '14) May 22 SerenityAcres 14
SPMS Spring Musical "The Little Mermaid" Apr '15 MerFamily 1
News Man once convicted of spying pleads guilty to d... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Free money, easy! Mar '15 Fableman 1
crofton teen club Mar '15 Fableman 2
News Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... Mar '15 Brad 1
News Solar surge: Industry takes off in county Jan '15 Solarman 1
More from around the web

Crownsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]