Candidates seek Tribal Council seats

Candidates seek Tribal Council seats

There are 5 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Candidates seek Tribal Council seats. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Five candidates are seeking election to the Tribal Council representing eight chapters in the Eastern Agency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

ENA Navajo

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 31, 2010
Please consider NN CDs wisely. If incumbents, look at their voting records or legislation introduced and passed-who has helped your community, ENA or NN as a whole. If new, listen to their words and hear intelligence, wisdom, and compassion for the people, lands and environment. Please vote wisely. I know two incumbents that did not hear the cries of the people.
Sic

Saint Michaels, AZ

#2 Jul 31, 2010
Folks of Eastern Navajo Agency, please Do NOT elect old council delegates or the left-overs of the defunct 88 council members, they will only make life miserable for you again. Remember their corrupted ways, gold rings, execessive travels to Las Vegas, misappropriation of tribal funds, splurging and bankrupting the tribal treasury of reserve funds, they fought the peoples' votes to downsize the council all the way to supreme court and lost, they still do not recognize you as the stakeholder of the Navajo Nation. It would be a travesty to vote these corrupted old council delegates back into office. Elect a new leader to make up the 24-seat council.
Red Goblin

United States

#3 Jul 31, 2010
I'll vote for the candidate that serves up the best roasted mutton & fry bread.
navajo2

Chinle, AZ

#4 Jul 31, 2010
ENA Navajo wrote:
Please consider NN CDs wisely. If incumbents, look at their voting records or legislation introduced and passed-who has helped your community, ENA or NN as a whole. If new, listen to their words and hear intelligence, wisdom, and compassion for the people, lands and environment. Please vote wisely. I know two incumbents that did not hear the cries of the people.
I agree with you there are incumbents who do need consideration also because they are not all bad. And yes, we must listen very carefully to some of the speeches of the new candidates, their words are just like the old bad delegates, they will promise you the world just to get elected! 24 needs to be the best, not just new!
JULIO

Andover, MN

#5 Jul 31, 2010
Lets get it right, vote incumbents. Others are without experience and most of them don't or have a hard time speaking Navajo Language. The way our NN government is in turoil in all phases, we don't want rookies at this point. Vote for men, not women...women are too emotional which gets in the way of making tough effective decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family: Missing woman trying to hitchhike to Th... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Josie Spencer Coc... 1
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Aug '14 Travis 50
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach (Jun '14) Jun '14 benjamin Edward g... 1
News State legislators look to increase security at ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 CornDogz 1
News County exec draws support in fraud case (Dec '13) Dec '13 Buela 1
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Delma Lomascolo 1
News Ready, aim, fire (Jun '11) Mar '13 Refried Bean Eater 5
More from around the web

Crownpoint People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Crownpoint Mortgages