New sheriff substation to be staffed ...

New sheriff substation to be staffed within the week

There are 8 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Oct 3, 2010, titled New sheriff substation to be staffed within the week. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Navajo Nation officials said Thursday the new community Sheriff's substation located in the rural community of Huerfano will be fully staffed within the week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Gov

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Oct 3, 2010
This is a long time overdue, you guys around Huerfano clean up your act, big brother is watching !
norht ogden utah

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Oct 4, 2010
maybe thats what that area needs also is a Big Brother Big Sister Program? So they wont have this problem with wanting to be bad, with role models when their young it will help a person. Good job Ervin in getting this all together and going, you would be good role model?
Simple one

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 4, 2010
This is a joke on taxpayers...... Right

Please tell me that our commission did not just give away another 1/2 million for a boondogle.

PLEASE..........
Bloomfield

Fruitland, NM

#4 Oct 4, 2010
its about time....way to go Ervin!!
Anti Reporter

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Oct 4, 2010
Simple one wrote:
This is a joke on taxpayers...... Right
Please tell me that our commission did not just give away another 1/2 million for a boondogle.
PLEASE..........
No Joke, Ervin Chavez is again using his position in San Juan Politics to take money to the reservation which is a soverign nation. If they want to be Soverign then I say let them fend for themselves. I can guarantee San Juan County will be paying for everything that has to do with this building and they still wont see any Officers (except for maybe sleeping in this office).
I would just like to know how many jobs, Positions, and Titles Ervin Chaves has? I know he works for the hospital and gets paid, he gets paid by San Juan County for his position, but who else pays him for doing the same job? What is he like a Navajo Representative for every agency or place that he can get a paycheck from (and you guys want him to be a mentor, no wonder your Tribe is so messed up)?

San Juan County needs to keep its money in San Juan County, The Navajo Nation wants to be Soverign so we need to cut the purse strings and let them be Soverign. We have enough problems and things here that needs our attention. This expensive building should never have been built with San Juan County funds. I know, I know, now is when you say this area is part of San Juan County. Then please tell me why San Juan County cannot enforce San Juan County laws on it? Simple solution, cut it and leave it to the Navajo Nation or let San Juan County handle it.
Navajo Joe

Chinle, AZ

#6 Oct 4, 2010
Anti Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
San Juan County needs to keep its money in San Juan County
your comment is a joke. SJC and NM collect millions in taxes from oil, gas, coal and power plant operations on the reservation. we deserve to get some of of that money back.
Anti Reporter

Rio Rancho, NM

#7 Oct 4, 2010
Navajo Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
your comment is a joke. SJC and NM collect millions in taxes from oil, gas, coal and power plant operations on the reservation. we deserve to get some of of that money back.
So why dont you become a part of San Juan County? Instead you want to be a Soverign Nation, and funded by the County. You cant have it both ways.
Please explain how SJC is collecting millions in taxes from the reservation? The Navajo Nation is collecting taxes, royalties, and other fee's from these same places. When you want money who do you call? You call SJC and the Federal Government. You cant have it both ways.
norht ogden utah

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Oct 4, 2010
anti-reporter it sounds like a personal problem you have with the County Commissioner Mr.Chavez? Your not concerned with the topic! lol maybe you should get with him and ask why hes so active with San ?Juan County and people like you dont like it? Maybe you should try and take a load of his work, and concerns of his people? Think about it*-*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gamez Brothers Face Prelim (Sep '08) Oct '17 Pfft 7
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun '17 Tim 54
A girl named Anna (Dec '16) Dec '16 Lizzy 1
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep '16 reese 116
Martial Arts in Thoreau? (Nov '15) Nov '15 laofu 1
Review: Compassion Personal Care (Aug '08) Oct '15 curenado 9
News Thoreau continues to pull together in aftermath... (Jun '10) Oct '15 curenado 4

Crownpoint Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crownpoint Mortgages