Twelve candidates vie for top Navajo ...

Twelve candidates vie for top Navajo position

There are 125 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 25, 2010, titled Twelve candidates vie for top Navajo position. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Ten men and two women are seeking election to the top office on the Navajo Nation during a landmark vote that will drastically cut the legislative branch and introduce additional government reform to the largest American Indian reservation in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
NM state song

Salt Lake City, UT

#124 Aug 4, 2010
Red Goblin wrote:
Details on Lovejoy's record as a NM Senator can be found at this link (year 2010):
http://www.newmexicovotes.org/SearchVotes.asp ...
10 bills introduced by Lovejoy.
Missed 124 votes. Mostly on local issues like Dona Ana County courthouse or yawners like establishing a NM state song.
State song: "O Fair New Mexico" since 1917. We used to sing this when I was in elementaty school in NM.
Red Goblin

Huntington Beach, CA

#125 Aug 4, 2010
NM state song wrote:
<quoted text>
State song: "O Fair New Mexico" since 1917. We used to sing this when I was in elementaty school in NM.
My bad, it was the official state cowboy song, "Under New Mexico Skies", written by Syd Masters as the official state cowboy song. Your NM government hard at work.
Sadden Navajo

Albuquerque, NM

#126 Aug 4, 2010
As a child, I have always looked forward to the day when I would finally get to vote for our Navajo Tribal President or even our United States President.

But as the years went by and I grew into an adult, I got to see how much harsher and hungry our world had gotten, our people. I didn't move far off the reservation as I had wanted to remain in close proximity to my folks. I got a job so as to assist our People and put a hand in as oppose to a taking a handout.

And I'm sadden to say, I was not amused but totally distraught that all I got to witness was a site of more "shaa" or handout expected from our very own people.

What a disappointing site that was to see, to experience, to witness.

I don't know what is to come of our people, but I tell you what, our leaders and want to be leaders are just as clueless and that's a pretty sad thing.

I didn't vote this year as I didn't feel confident in any of the candidates. There was a very vital component, element, caress, that was obsolete.

I hope that atleast a candidate or two got to read this. Open an eye or two.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#127 Aug 4, 2010
Sadden Navajo wrote:
As a child, I have always looked forward to the day when I would finally get to vote for our Navajo Tribal President or even our United States President.
But as the years went by and I grew into an adult, I got to see how much harsher and hungry our world had gotten, our people. I didn't move far off the reservation as I had wanted to remain in close proximity to my folks. I got a job so as to assist our People and put a hand in as oppose to a taking a handout.
And I'm sadden to say, I was not amused but totally distraught that all I got to witness was a site of more "shaa" or handout expected from our very own people.
I don't know what is to come of our people, but I tell you what, our leaders and want to be leaders are just as clueless and that's a pretty sad thing.
I didn't vote this year as I didn't feel confident in any of the candidates. There was a very vital component, element, caress, that was obsolete.
You'll have no one to blame but yourself for the outcome of this election. It's your right, your duty....you must inform...educate....participat e. If your only goal is to become a disgruntled citizen, a naysayer, a negative voice...then you get what you deserve. The change comes from YOU! The enlightenment comes from YOU. Do your part. Become a participant, not a negative slovenly naysayer....get your voice heard...get involved.
Poor you

Salt Lake City, UT

#128 Aug 5, 2010
Sadden Navajo wrote:
Snap out of it! Get vocal! You still have a chance to stand on your soap box and scream! By the attitude your taking in your post, you're one of those "shaa," "do it for me," helpless ones. If it is to be, it has to be up to me ...(you)! Make fried bread or make mutton stew for one of the candidates! Somthing, anything! Make a stand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Feb '18 A Person 55
News Gamez Brothers Face Prelim (Sep '08) Oct '17 Pfft 7
A girl named Anna (Dec '16) Dec '16 Lizzy 1
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep '16 reese 116
Martial Arts in Thoreau? (Nov '15) Nov '15 laofu 1
Review: Compassion Personal Care (Aug '08) Oct '15 curenado 9
News Thoreau continues to pull together in aftermath... (Jun '10) Oct '15 curenado 4

Crownpoint Jobs

Personal Finance

Crownpoint Mortgages