Long flights, long drives bring rodeo contestants flocking to F...

Miss Michigan winner and National High School Rodeo Association crown contestant Amanda Jo Johnson, 16, leads her horse, Bud, to the stables Thursday after checking in at McGee Park for the National High School Finals Rodeo. Full Story
Xcited 4 ALL Contestants

Aiken, SC

#1 Jul 17, 2009
Ya eh teeh! To all Contestants. I am very excited for each and every one of the contestants who have travelled to vy for the top spot in his/her respective event. I only wish I could be there to watch in person, the "spirit of excellence" these youngsters possess and portray in their choice of sport and event(s). My husband and I were very excited to be heading to NM (from Mississippi) last year around this time. We passed many trucks pulling their trailers loaded with some of the most beautiful horses. With each truck and trailer we passed, we lifted a prayer for safety for all occupants and their horses. My prayer (again) is for each of the contestants and their very supportive families, to be safe and to enjoy themselves, win or not. I hope the people of the 4-Corners region will greet you with kindness and support. May you all be blessed with a safe round trip (from home and back) and while you're in the city of Farmington and it's surrounding towns.
uuhh

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2009
Good luck to ALL the contestants!!

just a thought.....why can't check in be 24/7?
since people are coming in at various hours of the day?..instead of the contestants waitng for the volunteers, why not the volunteers wait for the contestants?......just a thought...Committee?
Xcited 4 ALL Contestants

Aiken, SC

#3 Jul 17, 2009
uuhh wrote:
Good luck to ALL the contestants!!
just a thought.....why can't check in be 24/7?
since people are coming in at various hours of the day?..instead of the contestants waitng for the volunteers, why not the volunteers wait for the contestants?......just a thought...Committee?
That's an excellent suggestion. There's a blog site, maybe your suggestion can be presented to the Committee via the blog site review.
Rodeo neighbour

Farmington, NM

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Greetings and good luck to all the contestants. I hope that everyone has a fun and safe time. My only request is to be patient when pulling out of Mcgee park. I live on 5500 and everytime there is an event there, I am almost always nearly hit by cars and trucks pulling out straight in front of me. Mainly because they get frustrated waiting to pull out on a very busy road. Maybe the Lee acres substation could help more with traffic control. So just be patient, have a great time and be safe.
Petro

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2009
If its not a charrada it ain't shi/t.
Jimmy

Sandia Park, NM

#6 Jul 18, 2009
I'm just here to get the young girls drunk, take advantage of them and send them back to mommy/daddy. Every rodeo is a good one for me.
Ruffcreek

Omaha, NE

#7 Aug 11, 2009
Talking about the rodeo, I am trying to run down an old friend that was a Native American guy from Crown Pt. New Mexico who used to ride bulls in the rodeos. This was back in the early 70's. Just thought I'd take a shot here to see if anyone has heard of him. Anyone that has, let me know.
Ruffcreek

Omaha, NE

#8 Aug 11, 2009
By the way his name was Elgin A. Brown. Should be about 60 years old now.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family: Missing woman trying to hitchhike to Th... Dec 16 Josie Spencer Coc... 1
Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Aug '14 Travis 50
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach (Jun '14) Jun '14 benjamin Edward g... 1
State legislators look to increase security at ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 CornDogz 1
County exec draws support in fraud case (Dec '13) Dec '13 Buela 1
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Delma Lomascolo 1
Ready, aim, fire (Jun '11) Mar '13 Refried Bean Eater 5
Crownpoint Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crownpoint People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crownpoint News, Events & Info