Bill would allow concealed-carry in eateries that serve beer, wine

People with licenses to carry concealed guns could take their firearms into restaurants that serve beer and wine under a bill that zipped through a Senate committee on Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jan 28, 2010
We don't need to be armed to eat lunch. Leave your gun home if you don't want to leave it in your car. Install a gun safe in your car. Why is your paranoia more important than those of us who fear you armed diners in our restaurants?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2 Jan 28, 2010
Sam wrote:
We don't need to be armed to eat lunch. Leave your gun home if you don't want to leave it in your car. Install a gun safe in your car. Why is your paranoia more important than those of us who fear you armed diners in our restaurants?
Sorry, but your "fear" doesn't trump my constitutional right to protect me and my family. And it is not the licensed concealed carriers (statistically the most law-abiding citizens in the country) that you need to worry about. You need to be more concerned about who may be carrying illegally (criminals). it appears that YOU are the one that is paranoid.
Always packin

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 28, 2010
Thank goodness for this. I have always packed while eating at Chiles, Applebees, Dublins, etc. Seems ridiculous to be prohibited from doing that anyway as long as you are not sitting at the bar getting hammered. It's about time.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Sam wrote:
We don't need to be armed to eat lunch. Leave your gun home if you don't want to leave it in your car. Install a gun safe in your car. Why is your paranoia more important than those of us who fear you armed diners in our restaurants?
Let's see you explain that to Suzanna Gratia Hupp.

My exercise of my rights out way your fear...get over it. Do you know what Sigmund Freud said about people like you?

Sigmund Freud

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

http://www.philosophersnet.com/quotations/aut...
Always Packin

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 28, 2010
Sam wrote:
We don't need to be armed to eat lunch. Leave your gun home if you don't want to leave it in your car. Install a gun safe in your car. Why is your paranoia more important than those of us who fear you armed diners in our restaurants?
You have been sitting near people like myself for years while eating lunch and nothing has happened. Maybe one day your unwarranted fear will turn to gratitude.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 28, 2010
I gave you a mistake Pen Pal deliberately. A ? should be placed after my inquiry, yes. I just want you to come here and point it out, since you claimed you weren't in error on your very flawed rant.

I just want you to come out and show us your hypocrisy.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 28, 2010
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see you explain that to Suzanna Gratia Hupp.
My exercise of my rights out way your fear...get over it. Do you know what Sigmund Freud said about people like you?
Sigmund Freud
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
http://www.philosophersnet.com/quotations/aut...


Actually I think Freud also said, the uglier or bigger the gun the smaller their manhood.
Looney

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 28, 2010
Always packin wrote:
Thank goodness for this. I have always packed while eating at Chiles, Applebees, Dublins, etc. Seems ridiculous to be prohibited from doing that anyway as long as you are not sitting at the bar getting hammered. It's about time.
toons. What are YOU afraid of? Heartburn?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#10 Jan 28, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think Freud also said, the uglier or bigger the gun the smaller their manhood.
Hey "PlasticBoy"...how are you..? You know...it really doesn't matter what you "think" someone said...if you can get time for your BIG head to stop thinking about your LITTLE head long enough...you might notice the quote was addressing "fear"...not your "manhood".

I just happened to provide a quote and the source of it. Can you do the same...?

“Live Free or Die Trying”

Since: Feb 09

Las Cruces

#11 Jan 28, 2010
I seem to recall that a crazy person walked into a Luby's cafeteria in Texas some years ago and opened fire on the patrons. One of the patrons had a leagally licensed pistol, that they decided to leave in their car due to concerns about bringing it into the establishment. Had they brought the pistol in with them they stated that they could have challenged the shooter and possibly saved several lives. You never really know when some nut will just open fire in any location, for any reason.
Always packin

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jan 28, 2010
Looney wrote:
<quoted text>
toons. What are YOU afraid of? Heartburn?
Afraid of nobody genius. Only prepared. Almost sorry to say that I have been protecting fools like you for many years now.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#13 Jan 28, 2010
lcirishman wrote:
I seem to recall that a crazy person walked into a Luby's cafeteria in Texas some years ago and opened fire on the patrons. One of the patrons had a leagally licensed pistol, that they decided to leave in their car due to concerns about bringing it into the establishment. Had they brought the pistol in with them they stated that they could have challenged the shooter and possibly saved several lives. You never really know when some nut will just open fire in any location, for any reason.
Actually, he drove his truck right thru the side of the building crashing inside...and that was my reference to Suzanna Gratia Hupp in post #4. She was the one that watched as her parents were systematically murdered while her gun had to stay in the car under the current law.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#14 Jan 28, 2010
lcirishman wrote:
I seem to recall that a crazy person walked into a Luby's cafeteria in Texas some years ago and opened fire on the patrons. One of the patrons had a leagally licensed pistol, that they decided to leave in their car due to concerns about bringing it into the establishment. Had they brought the pistol in with them they stated that they could have challenged the shooter and possibly saved several lives. You never really know when some nut will just open fire in any location, for any reason.
That licensed person was former Texas congresswoman Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp. She left her pistol in her car because it was illegal to carry into the eating establishment at that time. The nutcase that shot the place up killed 23 people including both of her parents.
Looney

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 29, 2010
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
.
toons - more guns = less safety
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#16 Jan 29, 2010
Looney wrote:
<quoted text>
toons - more guns = less safety
Then please don't carry...just don't try and tell me I can't.
fyi

Cresco, PA

#17 Feb 8, 2010
If the dumbass wants to kill his kid by mistake, let him maybe he'll learn something.

“Facts exist, even when ignored”

Since: Feb 07

Somewhere in Indiana

#19 Feb 9, 2010
Looney wrote:
<quoted text>
toons - more guns = less safety
Post proof?

“Facts exist, even when ignored”

Since: Feb 07

Somewhere in Indiana

#20 Feb 9, 2010
fyi wrote:
If the dumbass wants to kill his kid by mistake, let him maybe he'll learn something.
Do you have children? If so, they are MUCH more likely to drown, be in a automobile accident, etc than being accidentally shot in the home.

If you are truly concerned with child safety, then you would be protesting cars and pools just as vehemently as you are guns.

More facts, less insipid textual diarrhea please.
fyi

Cresco, PA

#21 Feb 9, 2010
Let's just add to all the risks, brainac.
Marauder

Wasilla, AK

#22 Feb 9, 2010
fyi wrote:
Let's just add to all the risks, brainac.
GUNS have been around a lot longer than cars and swimming pools...genius....lol

"Frustrated control freak"...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family: Missing woman trying to hitchhike to Th... Dec '14 Josie Spencer Coc... 1
Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Aug '14 Travis 50
Review: Thoreu Navajo Outreach (Jun '14) Jun '14 benjamin Edward g... 1
State legislators look to increase security at ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 CornDogz 1
County exec draws support in fraud case (Dec '13) Dec '13 Buela 1
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Delma Lomascolo 1
Ready, aim, fire (Jun '11) Mar '13 Refried Bean Eater 5
Crownpoint Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crownpoint People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:33 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 4:33PM
Peyton Manning's pay cut not as much as Broncos first asked for
Yahoo! Sports 4:35 PM
Former player Nate Jackson calls for NFL to allow marijuana
NFL 5:05 PM
Manning can get lost $4M back with Super Bowl win
Yahoo! Sports 5:35 PM
Manning reportedly set to return, take pay cut
Yahoo! Sports11:19 PM
Peyton takes pay cut, returns to Broncos