Police Blotter: Crownpoint teacher ar...

Police Blotter: Crownpoint teacher arrested in teen's death

There are 14 comments on the The Navajo Times story from May 20, 2010, titled Police Blotter: Crownpoint teacher arrested in teen's death. In it, The Navajo Times reports that:

Tryan Denetso, a student at Crownpoint High School, was found dead in his tent the morning after the party by fellow campers, who later told state police that many of the more than 30 students who attended the campout had spent the evening before drinking beer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Navajo Times.

Larry

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 22, 2010
I'd like to hear more about what led up to this trajedy. Someone had to know their was going to be alcohol at the event.

Please write me at [email protected]
teacher

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2010
Why do we hear so much about the Crownpoint teacher, but nobody says anything about Eric Edwards being a teacher in Newcomb, where ANOTHER teacher 3 weeks earlier was fired for sex with students??
marlene

Vanderwagen, NM

#3 Jun 16, 2010
Get your information straight. The teacher in newcomb wasnt having sex with students. The principal at that school is crazy and was mad about that teacher hugging his own nieces.
Concerned

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 2, 2010
This careless act caused a young student to die! We as parents send our kids to school and trust the teachers. This blatant act has taken the life of someone and the punishment will not be harsh enough! I feel everyone there/involved should be charged! It's a sad world when you drink and party with your own kids but to take the life of someone elses over your own stupidity is horrible!
Concerned

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Larry wrote:
I'd like to hear more about what led up to this trajedy. Someone had to know their was going to be alcohol at the event.
Please write me at [email protected]
Larry these teachers, all of them knew about the liquor they drank and smoked with the kids all the time! All you have to do is ask any neighbor or any student!
teacher

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2010
marlene wrote:
Get your information straight. The teacher in newcomb wasnt having sex with students. The principal at that school is crazy and was mad about that teacher hugging his own nieces.
O.K. Nobody will argue that the principal at Newcomb M.S. is "crazy", but why doesn't the district deal with him? They are headed for a HUGE lawsuit!
curious

Farmington, NM

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Edwards wanted to go on 'camping trips' with 6th grade boys not too mention whipping out his phone camera and snapping shots of kids during school hours. The guy is a creep
Concerned

Frisco, TX

#8 Jul 13, 2010
He wasn't the only one apparently?
Concerned

Frisco, TX

#9 Jul 14, 2010
I really think y'all are forgetting that a kid died! It's not about which one of the adults is worse, they are all to blame!
para

Denver, CO

#10 Jul 18, 2010
curious wrote:
Edwards wanted to go on 'camping trips' with 6th grade boys not too mention whipping out his phone camera and snapping shots of kids during school hours. The guy is a creep
We reported him to the principal MANY times, but Rowndy the Newcomb pricipal only protected him. He should be included in any lawsuits that come up.
Concerned

Dallas, TX

#11 Jul 22, 2010
When is the trial/sentencing suppose to be for these people involved?
Harrington

United States

#12 Aug 18, 2010
One thing is for certain.....
We need to learn from this horrible tragedy. Lives were lost and ruined. I hope that schools across NM will consider this as a rude awakening and work extra hard at preventing another deadly incident. We as parents need to be vigilent for our children's sakes. Lets all pray for a Good School Year.
Disgusted

Frisco, TX

#13 Feb 7, 2011
Has their been any developments on this case lately?
missy

Vanderwagen, NM

#14 Sep 26, 2011
If only all of you knew the truth you would stop making suggestions that the adults are to blame. I have read the police reports, well over 1000 pages of documentation and the kids made their own decisions. The stole alcohol and brought it themselves. Edwards didnt show up to party with the kids he was on his own camping trip that his wife was going to show up the following night except she was out of town. Quit accusing people of things that you dont know the details about. Tryan died because his cousins forced him to bing drink. None of the related crownpoint Navajo Nation cops wanted to arrest the family members of tryan who admitted in the police reports that they bought 2 30 packs to supply to tryan and his cousins. Now what do you think? I think the Navajo Nation is prejudice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crownpoint Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gamez Brothers Face Prelim (Sep '08) Oct '17 Pfft 7
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun '17 Tim 54
A girl named Anna (Dec '16) Dec '16 Lizzy 1
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep '16 reese 116
Martial Arts in Thoreau? (Nov '15) Nov '15 laofu 1
Review: Compassion Personal Care (Aug '08) Oct '15 curenado 9
News Thoreau continues to pull together in aftermath... (Jun '10) Oct '15 curenado 4

Crownpoint Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crownpoint Mortgages