Ok, let's break this down ...<quoted text>
I didn't say there were any good choices, but had she not wanted to live with him:
* Talk to the police and try to get into protective custody.
* Get a job and live on your own
* Live with other friends/relatives
* Live on the street
There is always a choice, and I have to assume she made the best one at the time.
* talking to the police --- since she didn't have any real proof of anything, just hunches, this wouldn't have done anything.
* get a job & live on your own --- sorry, but at 16 she needs to be in school ... also, do you have any idea how difficult that is for a 16 yr old to do? And how many are truly ready for that kind of responsibility?
* other friends and relatives --- what makes you so sure there were any other options here?
* live on the street --- are you CRAZY?! You would actually tell a 16 yr old girl to live on the street?!
Sorry, but I think she made the best choice she could given her circumstances. I just wish her the best of luck as this has to be very difficult to deal with.