Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

For one, the school board allows a man that transfers his own kid out of the school and gets a DUI. He shouldn't be allowed to be a principal after the drunk driving arrest.
Sghs

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

Mercerville man wrote:
For one, the school board allows a man that transfers his own kid out of the school and gets a DUI. He shouldn't be allowed to be a principal after the drunk driving arrest.
are u serious evidently you aren't a teacher or principal or ever worked in a school system. You may want to try to get to know someone or even meet them before judging them take a walk in their shoes.
Galliagrad84

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

I think he has done a good job with the academcs to a point. As far as the ogt testing goes that wiuld fall under the teachers that teach. I personally think that a man that has his own girl quit a sport and transfer to another school tells me what he thinks of his school. I think he also recently tried to get out. I say keep applying to other schools.
Sghs

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

You all really don't know what you are talking about, when it comes to his daughter it had nothing to do with the school find something better to pick at really
Jimmy Brace

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

You guys are stupid. This is the most ridiculous forum I've seen. Were you around SG before mr west was there? He has absolutely did a 360 with the school. You guys keep talking about academics but also look at athletics. We use to play a jv schedule on most sports and now were in a league. Wow, you people need shot like I been threatened lately. Everyone makes a mistake we just need to learn from it. Please pray for me.
SGAlum

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

Yes, the OGT tests did have a lot to do with the teachers and yay for them, most of them are great! But before Scot came to SG there was no discipline at all. The students refused to learn so the teachers couldn't teach them anything and they knew that they would just get a slap on the wrist. Scot came in showing that he meant business. I have to admit he was a little scary at times! Were there still rude, disrespectful brats? Yes. But for the most part Scot straightened them right up. I think he has done a wonderful job at South Gallia. He's a great man that truly does care about the students.
Jimmy Brace

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Agreed!!! I feel intimidated at times when I wanna talk to him.
parent

Union Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

He has done an outstanding job at SGHS.
former student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

When I was a senior I was in a car accident and was out of school for 3 months. Mr. West came to my house to Tudor me while I was out of school. He was a saint. Very supportive and helped me any way He could. I couldn't have done it w/ out him. He volunteered his time to help me. I will never forget that and will always b grateful for him. He is a good man!
Jimmy Brace

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Yes I remember him coming to your house former student. I forgot about that. I think he was teaching at fairland then.
firemama

Aberdeen, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Judged:

I think everyone in there life has made a mistake or two and we learn from them. This world is not perfect and people are not perfect either. We should learn to forgive like the good lord up above forgives us for our sins.
Jimmy Brace

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Amen
iattendsouthgall ia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Im a senior at south gallia been theresince my freshman year I think mr.west has done a great job I love the school and will miss it after graduation

Since: Oct 10

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

I go to south gallia, and I happen to really like Mr. West. He is a great principal!
what2goback

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

my kids love it at that school when we get back on or feet they will go right back there mr.west is a good person
galliagrad12

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2010

Judged:

Mr. West has done many things for students: bought them clothes, gave them money to go on senior trip, gave them money at ball games (I have seen this happen for years and in all sports),pay for their ACT, bought them shoes, paid for sport shoes and that is only a few things. You really do not know what you are talking about when you talk about his daughter either. She did not quit any sport. She transferred to Gallia Academy between Basketball and Track. They let their children choose where they attend because they live in GA school district. Their oldest daughter chose SG, the younger daughter chose GA...I happen to know he didn't want her to go but respected her choice. It is funny how people run their mouths on half truths. I have also seen Mr. West very upset because a student he thought had made some changes had to go to court because of choices the student made...he cares about the students...Genuine! He did apply at other school districts and I believe if you ask him he will tell you why...has nothing to do with SG faculty, students or community...again you run your mouths on half truths! Your really should go to a person and ask them before your run your mouth and try to bash their character.
SGGRAD

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2010

Judged:

I wouldn't have went to college if it weren't for Mr. West. He made a hug impact on my life. He encouraged me when I thought all I could do was work at Walmart. He believed in me when I didn't. I am going to graduate this year from Rio and I have loved college...I would have missed all of this if it weren't for that high school and its teachers and Mr. West encouraging me. He showed me that I could make something out of my life. I don't know how many times I cried and wanted to quit Sg and he talked to me...I would have been a drop out and now I am getting ready to graduate Rio! he is a good man
Rebel Fan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

My child attends South Gallia Junior High and absolutely loves it there. The school is small and seems like one big family. A family sometimes disagrees but they are still family.

Since: Oct 10

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

you are right Rebel Fan. We are close because we aren't a big school. I love SG and my classmates are somewhat like family because some of us have grown up with each other, and have been in school together since kindergarden! I can honestly say I will miss SG when I graduate next year! And I will always be a Rebel!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crown City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fairland football field 1 hr effu 4
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 30,256
Paid firemen 3 hr safe 5
Cassie Stephens (Jul '10) 8 hr David 27
Melissa Dillon 8 hr Kara 5
Tracy Graybeal 13 hr Curious 1
Amber Cremeans 16 hr Happy 1

Search the Crown City Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Gallia County was issued at August 22 at 12:51PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Crown City Jobs