Thinking about moving
BJE in alabama

Huntsville, AL

#1 Nov 19, 2008
A friend of mine moved from Austin to Crowley. I live here in Alabama and have been wanting to move for a while now. I am a hair stylist and my pay pretty much is based on my clients that have built threw the 18 years I have been here. I know I can do good at my job and that isnt really what scares me as far as finding a job... What I am wondering is schools... I have a 6 year old daugter and my concern is for her.

I know that she would do well anywhere she went meeting new people but where I live is a really small town. Around 4,000 to be exact. The friend I have got that moved out there has told me that she feels like I would like it there better than I would have in Austin.

Is there anyone who can give me any suggestions? Am I crazy for even thinking about this?
Sumblondchick

Grapevine, TX

#2 Nov 20, 2008
I have lived in Crowley for the majority of my life. I have a daughter in the Crowley ISD so I understand your questions. Right now Crowley is experiencing a lot of growth. With that many schools have gone up recently in the past few years. There are still more in construction. Right now, some of the schools are good, and some not so good. The high schools aren't safe as far as I'm concerned right now. There are lots of fights. Most of the elementaries are ok, and intermediates as far as I know. HF Stevens Middle is also okay. I would look for a school district that isn't experiencing so much growth. We are definatly feeling the growing pains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crowley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hollywood movie theatre Jul 19 Srb1993 2
no public transportation Jul 10 BUCK NAKED 1
thistle meade circle (Jan '16) Jun '16 BUCK NAKED 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
motorcycles (Jan '16) May '16 BUCK NAKED 4
Review: Jasco Services LLC Custom Metal Buildings (Sep '15) May '16 MarkE 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Ken Shetter as Mayor? Apr '16 David parker 1

Crowley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crowley Mortgages