Minorities are disciplined at a dispr...

Minorities are disciplined at a disproportionate rate

There are 296 comments on the A liberal dose story from Jun 3, 2007, titled Minorities are disciplined at a disproportionate rate. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

Of all student groups, blacks are most likely to be expelled, suspended out of school, or placed in disciplinary alternative education programs, data from the Texas Education Agency show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

JTR

“Common Sense Please”

Since: Jun 07

Fort Worth

#297 Aug 20, 2007
John Hancock wrote:
<quoted text>One of the reasons there are more liquor stores in poorer neighborhoods is the fact that people in the upscale neighborhoods have more advantages in controlling exactly where these stores are allowed. They are more likely to complain to city officials and sadly they are more likely to be heard even if residents in the poorer neighborhoods also were to complain. As a member of a Country/Golf club in the metroplex, I can assure you I have seen an abundance of alcoholics, many of whom arrive on the scene already well advanced in an intoxicated state. Also, as I am sure you know, there are more drug addicts in these orginazations as well because many in the poorer neighborhoods simply cannot afford the cost of cocaine and what have you. I think it just has become more socially acceptable for wealthier citizens. Sorta like Lee Trevino once said...." When I make enough money, I am going to become a Spaniard.....right now I am a Mexican". LOL
Good discussion and I both believe we have some valid points. Par for the course (or in my case...double bogie). I hate to love golf. Cheers.
AOL

Garland, TX

#298 Aug 23, 2007
i think hispanic texan is wrong !
i checked today in the high crime area of black Fort Worth
and there wasn't a Church's Fried Chicken and a liquor store with a firearms dealer on every corner
but across town at at stop six at Belnap, and 28th street and I35 there was !
so hispanic texan must have mexicans mixed up with blacks
i can understand that since i mix up blacks and mexicans alot
they both drink beer and eat fried chicken, and its hard to understand their talking
and their women are fat and ugly
Who Cares

Arlington, TX

#299 Aug 23, 2007
AOL wrote:
i think hispanic texan is wrong !
i checked today in the high crime area of black Fort Worth
and there wasn't a Church's Fried Chicken and a liquor store with a firearms dealer on every corner
but across town at at stop six at Belnap, and 28th street and I35 there was !
so hispanic texan must have mexicans mixed up with blacks
i can understand that since i mix up blacks and mexicans alot
they both drink beer and eat fried chicken, and its hard to understand their talking
and their women are fat and ugly
I don't suppose you have ever eaten fried chicken or had a beer???? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Since: Jul 07

the bay area

#300 Aug 24, 2007
hahah their women are fat and ugly???????? your hilarious- you must not have ever watch latina porn. hahahahhaha as for me im married to a mexican and am far from fat or ugly. as for my hubby who is a soldier-he hates chicken and doesnt drink... and he speaks english perfectly. i hate ignorance.

kickback

“I want a piece of that steak”

Since: Apr 07

Tazmania

#301 Aug 25, 2007
off limits wrote:
hahah their women are fat and ugly???????? your hilarious- you must not have ever watch latina porn. hahahahhaha as for me im married to a mexican and am far from fat or ugly. as for my hubby who is a soldier-he hates chicken and doesnt drink... and he speaks english perfectly. i hate ignorance.
Huh that's strange I'm not too shabby either but I like beer and fried chicken.

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#302 Aug 27, 2007
I love fried chicken and beer.

Must be the Indian in me.
Hispanic Texan

United States

#303 Aug 27, 2007
AOL wrote:
i think hispanic texan is wrong !
i checked today in the high crime area of black Fort Worth
and there wasn't a Church's Fried Chicken and a liquor store with a firearms dealer on every corner
but across town at at stop six at Belnap, and 28th street and I35 there was !
so hispanic texan must have mexicans mixed up with blacks
i can understand that since i mix up blacks and mexicans alot
they both drink beer and eat fried chicken, and its hard to understand their talking
and their women are fat and ugly
Quick, there's a tornado coming. Tie down your mobile home.
Anonymous

Arlington, TX

#304 Aug 27, 2007
Hispanic Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, there's a tornado coming. Tie down your mobile home.
What a stupid statement to make.!!!! People of all races live in mobile homes including Mexicans. Say something intelligent or nothing at all, please.

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#305 Aug 28, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> What a stupid statement to make.!!!! People of all races live in mobile homes including Mexicans. Say something intelligent or nothing at all, please.
Then we'd never get to hear from him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#306 Aug 28, 2007
Hispanic Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, there's a tornado coming. Tie down your mobile home.
'Sigh' silly those tie downs don't always work .....I know ,did clean-up in Wichita Falls after the twisters hit there over 20 years ago,and those sardine can's still are NOT safe..why do some think they are degradeing others if they live in a mobile 'pre-fab' home? Is it supposed to be some sort of slur or what?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#307 Aug 28, 2007
MJayM wrote:
I love fried chicken and beer.
Must be the Indian in me.
Autumn soup is wonderful .....
Anonymous

Arlington, TX

#308 Aug 28, 2007
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>'Sigh' silly those tie downs don't always work .....I know ,did clean-up in Wichita Falls after the twisters hit there over 20 years ago,and those sardine can's still are NOT safe..why do some think they are degradeing others if they live in a mobile 'pre-fab' home? Is it supposed to be some sort of slur or what?
Some people are just plain stupid. I suppose some think that since a mobile home is cheaper, it's somehow degrading to live in one. Some people actually prefer a mobile home to an apartment. Nobody likes snobs and arrogant people. It;s like the late Tammy Faye Bakker said " we are all made from the same old dirt".

“Pet me or I'll bite you”

Since: Jul 07

Richardson, Texas

#309 Aug 28, 2007
Hispanic Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, there's a tornado coming. Tie down your mobile home.
You're such a conservative Republican elitist.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#310 Jan 1, 2009
Umm, and that matters why????
kickback wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know that, thank you for telling me.
Prophet

Pacoima, CA

#311 Jan 3, 2009
JTR wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree with your assessment. I taught for a few years out of college. In the middle of every 6-week cycle, I would send a simple card to each parent with their child's progress. I was amazed, simply amazed at the responses I received. I say this with complete honesty and integrity, minority parents (majority black) would blame me while white parents and hispanic parents would address the child's faults. I was shocked by the different responses.
The fact of the matter is this, black people have been claiming oppression since the end of slavery. You would think that an oppressed society would do what it takes to rise up from that oppression. Instead, I see the majority of black students without personal goals and without drive.
Unfortunately, Very True!

Since: Dec 07

United States

#312 Jan 5, 2009
if blacks would only learn from illeagles aliens we all would be happy.all they want to be is rebellious gangster .they are their own worst nightmare. besides why is it they go by african american when they were born in america?do they have duel citizenship ? hispanics,white, blacks and native.look at Africa they cant take care of themselves and the ones here ought to be more thankful. i can hold a door open for anyone and the only ones that dont say thank you are blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crowley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thistle meade circle Jun 17 BUCK NAKED 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
motorcycles May '16 BUCK NAKED 4
hollywood movie theatre May '16 BUCK NAKED 1
Review: Jasco Services LLC Custom Metal Buildings (Sep '15) May '16 MarkE 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Ken Shetter as Mayor? Apr '16 David parker 1
News Forest Hill will keep its police, sheriff says (Mar '10) Apr '16 Carrie 4

Crowley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crowley Mortgages