Men lifeflighted after accident

Men lifeflighted after accident

There are 12 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Men lifeflighted after accident. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

Two men were flown by lifeflight helicopter to Akron General Hospital from the scene of a two-vehicle crash this morning on Cobbler Rd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

k greene

United States

#1 Feb 20, 2013
the sherrif needs to have more patrols out around the cobbler, buttercup, and andora roads. its not all the local or the out of state workers. its everyone in the world thats just in a big hurry anymore. my dad always said leave a little early. i would be early rather than speed and be late or hurt or kill someone. Thank U.
chrome

Warren, OH

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Early or not, everyone speeds. It's just whether you can speed safely and efficiently that determines outcome.
FIreman

Dover, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Come on Kathy, Your end of the county isnt the only place these guys are driving. They are everywhere! He doesnt have the staff or the finances to put a car on every road all day and night.
Jared

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
chrome wrote:
Early or not, everyone speeds. It's just whether you can speed safely and efficiently that determines outcome.
Just when you think someone has said the dumbest thing you will ever hear, someone else comes along and proves you wrong.
TennesseeKate

Gallatin, TN

#5 Feb 20, 2013
I think the biggest red flag here was that nobody was wearing seat belts. Ummm...
Billy

United States

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Accidents happen! We are all human. Hope everyone is OK! More patrols in the area will not stop driving left to center. Be reasonable and safe.
Carroll Countian

Saint Clairsville, OH

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Was ice on the roads maybe part of the problem?
James R

Aurora, OH

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Had 2 car crashes within a week on Newells' turn on 171. One landed on it's top. Everyone needs to slow down. It's just not worth it....
TAC

Scio, OH

#9 Feb 21, 2013
Sad to say it was only a matter of time. Most of the service oil trucks and water trucks most of the time you pass one there are on the line or across it. Maybe this will make them think other people drive here too.
Leila

Louisville, KY

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Prayers to all families involved. Any time something like this happens it is horrible for everyone involved. Lesson learned, take your time and wear your seat belt.
Denny

Dover, OH

#11 Feb 21, 2013
People are just plain ignorant in bad weather. The semi trucker drivers, SUV and 4x4 drivers are the worst. When you hit a sheet of ice you lose control of your vehicle just the same as everyone.
Historian

Creston, OH

#12 Feb 22, 2013
I hope the oil companies are providing training for driving in Ohio weather. If these people are from the south, they desperately need training.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crowley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Farts 940
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
News Man Drowns During Party At Lake Benbrook (May '08) Jul 17 Zoe 16
Missing Man - Brandon Lawson 8/8/2013 (Jul '14) Jul 12 sniper 5
News Two brothers arrested in Benbrook slaying (Jun '10) Jul 11 Mar quice price 2
News a Kelly Clarkson: Invincible Jun 29 John Kenney is No... 1
News Teenager Murdered In Mansfield (Mar '12) Jun 28 lexis 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crowley Mortgages