Gov. Bobby Jindal planned to shutter the state's Medicaid hospice program in February. AP

There are 8 comments on the Jan 23, 2013, The Daily Advertiser story titled Gov. Bobby Jindal planned to shutter the state's Medicaid hospice program in February. AP. In it, The Daily Advertiser reports that:

Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration scrapped plans Wednesday to shutter Louisiana's Medicaid hospice program in February, meaning the state will continue to provide end-of-life care to people on their death beds who can't afford private insurance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Advertiser.

Anonymous

Philippines

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Good for you Governor!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 24, 2013
nurseamy12 wrote:
Good for you Governor!
There is nothing "good for you Governor." It was the Gov and his administration that planned to shut down the program;but,probably public outrage changed their minds. I can guarantee you, it was not because they had an epiphany of conscience. To my knowledge, there is not one damn republican alive that has any form of conscience. They all follow the lead of their patron, former President Reagan;who the idiot ass voters in this Country elected for two terms. The "masses are certainly asses;and,big ones."
Hitler

Opelousas, LA

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Ronald Reagan's ideals centered around "GOOD JOBS" for the American people; let corporations keep more profits. Had good jobs been created, we would NOT be having this discussion.

Well it DID NOT HAPPEN! Instead GREED took over.

Thank GOD the Ronald Reagan era is OVER!!

We need to SHUT DOWN the honor system and collect taxes and give CREDITs to the corporations who actually (documented proof) create good jobs. This is the way to turn the economy around and reduce costs (welfare/unemployment benefits) to a correct level.

Bobby Jindal is trying to turn LA into Texas (which was patterned after Mexico; rich/poor). Isn't this what Hitler wanted; to create a certain kind of society (one of his own making)?

Rick Perry brags about all the jobs being created in Texas; only to be shot down with the truth "the jobs are mostly for Mexican immigrants (low wage with no benefits). Who will pay when they are sick? Middle Class.

FACT: Deportation was up by 1 million under the Obama Administration (2.5 million vs. W.'s 1.5 million). Fewer Mexicans coming over. The truth shall set you free!!!

Before we legalize weed we need to fix the immigration issue.

Moving Forward!!!

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#4 Jan 25, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing "good for you Governor." It was the Gov and his administration that planned to shut down the program;but,probably public outrage changed their minds. I can guarantee you, it was not because they had an epiphany of conscience. To my knowledge, there is not one damn republican alive that has any form of conscience. They all follow the lead of their patron, former President Reagan;who the idiot ass voters in this Country elected for two terms. The "masses are certainly asses;and,big ones."
He's trolling for votes. The Repubs will now say and do anything to get votes after the beatdown they just took. At least he did say they have to quit being the stupid party.
Hitler

Opelousas, LA

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>He's trolling for votes. The Repubs will now say and do anything to get votes after the beatdown they just took. At least he did say they have to quit being the stupid party.
What was it the week after Mitt Romney lost, Bobby Jindal was out against the GOP's way of doing things? Why wasn't he saying all this while he campaigned so heavily for Mitt Romney?

The first time him fall for lies, "shame on him"; after that it is on you!

We need a Govenor and Legislature that is of, for and by the people of LA; not only a select few.

By the way, who is Bobby Jindal trying to impress? the Koch Bros.? Looking for Pres. campaign money at the expense of the good citizens of LA? QUIT giving away sales tax money to out of state corporations and cutting healthcare and education (last heard the exemptions were over $300 million a year)!

We need fewer prisons, not more "FOR PROFIT" prisons (think outsources prisons to Mexico). We need affordable healthcare for ALL. We need affordable education for ALL. We want to be known for our Culture and Hospitality; not FOR PROFIT PRISONS and NEVER ending Poverty.

We have more college graduates; where are the good jobs?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#6 Jan 25, 2013
Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>
What was it the week after Mitt Romney lost, Bobby Jindal was out against the GOP's way of doing things? Why wasn't he saying all this while he campaigned so heavily for Mitt Romney?
The first time him fall for lies, "shame on him"; after that it is on you!
We need a Govenor and Legislature that is of, for and by the people of LA; not only a select few.
By the way, who is Bobby Jindal trying to impress? the Koch Bros.? Looking for Pres. campaign money at the expense of the good citizens of LA? QUIT giving away sales tax money to out of state corporations and cutting healthcare and education (last heard the exemptions were over $300 million a year)!
We need fewer prisons, not more "FOR PROFIT" prisons (think outsources prisons to Mexico). We need affordable healthcare for ALL. We need affordable education for ALL. We want to be known for our Culture and Hospitality; not FOR PROFIT PRISONS and NEVER ending Poverty.
We have more college graduates; where are the good jobs?
I agree, Rick "Governor Voldemort, I only took the fifth 75 times" Scott does the same thing here in FloriDUH. However, his approval rating is at rock bottom. 33%. Even the Repubs don't loke him.
Lepor

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Hitler wrote:
Before we legalize weed we need to fix the immigration issue.
Moving Forward!!!
Legalizing weed will have a serious impact on decreasing bad Mexicans coming over the borders. Seems like we should legalize weed first.....
I'll roll one up and we can talk about it see ya at 4:20
JindalAlert

Opelousas, LA

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Just heard that Bobby Jindal said, at the GOP winter meeting, "GOP has to stop being the STUPID party" or something like this.

FIRST step in the healing process is admitting you have a problem. Good for him!

I hate to be the one who says I TOLD YOU SO, but "I TOLD YOU SO"!!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crowley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Chasity Richard? (Sep '14) Apr 23 FreauxDeaux 18
News Breaux Bridge restaurant voted No. 1 cheeseburg... (Sep '13) Apr 21 Dobber 3
Crowley animal shelter. (Mar '13) Apr 12 Detective David ... 4
psychic? (Mar '09) Apr 1 Impressed 29
News Crawfish processing plants face closure due to ... Mar 31 Curious 2
News Acadiana Crime News: Acadia jailer accused of s... Mar 29 Bambusiled 4
Moved to Rayne, Computer Technician. Mar 26 LATechGuy 7
More from around the web

Crowley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]