Crowley Woman Charged with Murder

Crowley Woman Charged with Murder

There are 25 comments on the KATC-TV Lafayette story from Jul 17, 2009, titled Crowley Woman Charged with Murder. In it, KATC-TV Lafayette reports that:

A Crowley woman is behind bars and charged with attempted second degree murder. Kimberly Phillips was charged in connection with the domestic disturbance that happened on Avenue L in Acadia Parish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATC-TV Lafayette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cynthia Powell

Saginaw, MI

#1 Jul 22, 2009
I know that murder is wrong but, you never knew what my cousin went through in order for her to do this. I love my cousin who is a very sweet person who had to be pushed into doing this a person can only take so much. PPO's does not work because the person has to be on the property in order for them to pick that individual up. It take this to happen before they want to do something about it then the victim of the crime has to go to jail/prison for protecting themselves.
A Friend

Kinder, LA

#2 Jul 22, 2009
I consider Kim a friend, although probably more of acquaintence. I knew things had been bad, but never thought it would come to this. She is so sweet and kind, loving and forgiving...

Please tell me how she is doing up and if there have been any changes. I can't even imagine what she's going thru, so I don't want to crowd her, but I'm still worried and still praying.
kelvin Bazile

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2009
I date Kim in high school and she was then and still is the sweets person in the world. If anything, someone needs to have that dam judge removed from the bench for not enforcing a restraining order. If a person requests a restraining order they are doing it for a reason. Especially, when there has been previous aggressive behavior on either party. In most States if the police are called to a home for domestic violence someone is removed from the home. Her husband should not even be walking the street today. Because, look at his criminal record.
Also she worked for the Sheriff’s department. YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD LOOKOUT FOR ONE OF THEIR OWN. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

KELVIN BAZILE…OUT
kelvin Bazile

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2009
I dated Kim in high school and she was then and still is the sweets person in the world. If anything, someone needs to have that dam judge removed from the bench for not enforcing a restraining order. If a person requests a restraining order they are doing it for a reason. Especially, when there has been previous aggressive behavior on either party. In most States if the police are called to a home for domestic violence someone is removed from the home. Her husband should not even be walking the street today. Because, look at his criminal record.
Also she worked for the Sheriff’s department. YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD LOOKOUT FOR ONE OF THEIR OWN. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

If anyone starts a fund on her behalf...Please contact me. At [email protected]

KELVIN BAZILE…OUT
KELVIN BAZILE

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2009
Has there been any update on this story...
A Friend

Kinder, LA

#6 Jul 24, 2009
I was just wondering the same thing. If I hear anything I will let you know.
kelvin

California, MD

#7 Jul 25, 2009
thank you...
kelvin

California, MD

#8 Jul 26, 2009
She looks so lost in that horrible picture. She looks like a deer in the headlights. That horrible picture of her being posted all over the new. Kim has always been a private person. What kind of man could put his hand on someone like her. She is so tiny, she couldn't hurt a fly...He must have been beating her..To push her to defend herself in this way....
charlene

Bennettsville, SC

#9 Aug 3, 2009
To all that know Kim, she is still in custody. I ask that you pray for her feverishly. Kim has been going through some awful things that has damaged her in ways that you cannot imagine. As for the judge in this matter, we are taking one day or one step at a time to deal with what is happening with Kim. The Sheriff's Dept has been doing a wonderful job trying to assist Kim in all of this so please don't be hard on them. They have gone far beyond the call of duty. The blame is not on them. Beyond all it is Kim who put up with this stuff and subjected herself to this type of behavior from her husband. She has a very supportive family and did not have to deal with this. She chose to handle it in her own way and that is by not talking to people. I understand though that is the way of battered woman's syndrome. I love Kim and will do all I can to help her in this situation. Again I ask for all of your prayers. Thank you.
kelvin

California, MD

#10 Aug 3, 2009
Maybe, I have been a little harsh on the sheriff's department on protecting one of their own. But for the Judge in this case,“he gets no pass with me.” That is the problem with Crowley and the legal system. They don't follow the letter on the law. Case and point Crowley has become a septic tank for drug activity in the black community. For a town that small it has one of the worst drug problems that I have ever seen. I live in the Washington DC metro area. If someone is caught with a gram of crack, they are looking at some serious time under the mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines. This is only my opinion,“I think someone on the bench is on the take in Crowley.” Guys get charged with possession with the intent disturbed they get basically a slap on the wrist. Five years in most cases. I hope the fed’s come thru Crowley and raise holy hell.

Kim went to the court for help and what did she get. You two just stay away for one another.“That’s bullshit” The reason I am on this page (one) I care for Kim. Secondly my mother was a victim of domestic violence. She lost her life. What, Kim did was out of fear. If you kick a dog everyday and mistreat, eventually that dog is going to fight back. At some point a person says “what do I have to lose”. Every person has a breaking point and when a person is pushed into a corner they eventually come out swing. A person whom is scared will kill you faster than a brave person. Now this ass whole is playing the role of the victim (her husband). I think justice was served, if he is paralyzed.
He has the remainder of his time on this earth. To think about all the time he beat her…
Kim was tired of being a victim.

This is just my own opinion. Opinions are like assholes…there is always so shit coming out of them…

This is Bazile…I’m out…
KELVIN BAZILE

United States

#11 Aug 4, 2009
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#10 16 hrs ago
Maybe, I have been a little harsh on the sheriff's department on protecting one of their own. But for the Judge in this case,“he gets no pass with me.” That is the problem with Crowley and the legal system. They don't follow the letter on the law. Case and point Crowley has become a septic tank for drug activity in the black community. For a town that small it has one of the worst drug problems that I have ever seen. I live in the Washington DC metro area. If someone is caught with a gram of crack, they are looking at some serious time under the mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines. This is only my opinion,“I think someone on the bench is on the take in Crowley.” Guys get charged with possession with the intent disturbed they get basically a slap on the wrist. Five years in most cases. I hope the fed’s come thru Crowley and raise holy hell.

Kim went to the court for help and what did she get. You two just stay away for one another.“That’s bullshit” The reason I am on this page (one) I care for Kim. Secondly my mother was a victim of domestic violence. She lost her life. What, Kim did was out of fear. If you kick a dog everyday and mistreat, eventually that dog is going to fight back. At some point a person says “what do I have to lose”. Every person has a breaking point and when a person is pushed into a corner they eventually come out swing. A person whom is scared will kill you faster than a brave person. Now this ass whole is playing the role of the victim (her husband). I think justice was served, if he is paralyzed.
He has the remainder of his time on this earth. To think about all the time he beat her…
Kim was tired of being a victim.

This is just my own opinion. Opinions are like assholes…there is always some shit coming out of them…

This is Bazile…I’m out…
charlene

Bennettsville, SC

#12 Aug 5, 2009
That's okay Bazile, your sentiments are understandable. I agree with you on all of that except I don't know the system in Crowley. Kim did do what she did out of fear for her life. Given that Kim did a lot of things out of that fear she possessed of Reggie. Kim was totally out of her mind months before this happened and was crying out for help which she did not get from the Judge. That is what gave Reggie the extra fuel to escalate the matter to this outcome. Continue to pray for Kim. Like you, my mother was a victim of domestic abuse. I cannot imagine Kim putting up with it.
anonymous

United States

#13 Sep 10, 2009
Pray for both of them because they were both victims. God loves both of them the same. Unfortunately there are consequences for our actions. Both of them are now accountable. When asked by God how did we respond what will be both of their answers?
charlene

Bennettsville, SC

#14 Sep 11, 2009
anonymous wrote:
Pray for both of them because they were both victims. God loves both of them the same. Unfortunately there are consequences for our actions. Both of them are now accountable. When asked by God how did we respond what will be both of their answers?
Yes, you are absolutely right. God loves them both and both have consequences for their actions. Both are held accountable. Both of them have hurt themselves and their families with this. HOwever, God forgives those who ask for forgiveness and I trust that Kim and Reggie have both asked God to forgive their actions. They are not children but rather adults. But in asking for that forgiveness you cannot continue in what you asked forgiveness for in the first place. I know that God loves them both but that is not the question. The question is whether Kim and Reggie love God enough to change their lives. I trust that they will. Only they know the answer to that. We all know that they will forever live separate lives from this point on. Will hate continue to rule each of their lives. I cannot speak for either one of them but I hope that this will change them forever. As they go thru divorce, trials and other court proceedings will hate or fairness rule those actions also.
Anonymous

United States

#15 Sep 11, 2009
FREE KIM!!!!
Concern

Tupelo, MS

#16 Sep 14, 2009
Anonymous you are apparently for Kim but you must stop and think that Reggie has family and friends that think he should be free(walk again). Like Charlene said they both are held accountable and had plenty enough time to get out the relationship.Look at Charlene last sentence as they go thru divorce it still happen.
charlene

Bennettsville, SC

#17 Sep 14, 2009
Concern wrote:
Anonymous you are apparently for Kim but you must stop and think that Reggie has family and friends that think he should be free(walk again). Like Charlene said they both are held accountable and had plenty enough time to get out the relationship.Look at Charlene last sentence as they go thru divorce it still happen.
Hold on Concern, don't misunderstand me. I believe in forgiveness and such but Reggie IS FREE. For his actions his physical body is hurt, but Kim is not free. She is locked up physically and mentally. Reggie is free to do anything he wants. Even learn how to walk again.
KELVIN BAZILE

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2009
Historically, karma is a topic associated with reincarnation. However, today more and more people are beginning to use karma as a moral gauge for living their lives — even if they believe they only have one life to live. There are a variety of popular expressions based on the ideas of karma, including: "You get what you give," "You reap what you sow," and "What goes around comes around." In Mr. Reggie's case Karma came back at him.

I know there might be some friends of Reggie's family that might read this. Some might not agree with it. But ponder this...What if that was your daughter getting beaten like a dog. Then final, one day your daughter gets the courage to say enough. I can't live like this anymore. Try's to do it the right way. Door hits her in the face. "(Court System)” Mr. Reggie shows up again and probably hit her again.

This time she lets him have it.(With them little hot balls that travel at the speed on sound). Now he is in a wheel\chair.

But I bet a dollar to a doughnut that Mr. Reggie probably has been hitting women for a while. If you speak to women in his past, I bet he has been an abusing woman for awhile.

So with that said the laws of physic state for every action there is a reaction. This reaction almost cost him his life.
But even then he was lucky

Bazile out…
Its In His Hand

Tupelo, MS

#19 Sep 16, 2009
Kim is going to be alright because she is in GOD's hand and I know that if she just hold on to his unchanging hands everything will come out just fine. God did said," if you sow a pebble you will rip a stone." He(God)didn't bring Kim this far to leave her. I LOVE YA, KIM.
Roseann Roseanna Danna

Mandeville, LA

#20 Sep 21, 2009
Best wishes to Kim and all involved. God's loving arms all around you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crowley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheena and Bubba AKA Lukie Jul 22 Jack 2
notre dame of acadia parish acquires top linema... Jul 22 Jack 53
Iota pd officer chris short (Jun '13) Jul 22 Jack 5
Jamie Lynn souileau Jul 22 Jack 3
News Murder Arrests Made in 2005 Cold Case (Aug '08) Jul 22 Ridiculous 20
Lisa Spell Boulet (Feb '13) Jul 14 JamesTKirk 3
Amy Richard selling her body Jul 6 john 3

Crowley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance