First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What Happen

Denver, NC

#1 Jan 7, 2012
What the heck happen to the Lincoln Times News? I went up there last week and everyone in their news department is like 21 years old. I felt like I was talking with a bunch of college kids. The only one that was over 25 was the editor, but he has the common sense of a 10 year old. He looked like a bum that just crawled out from under a bridge. He hadnt shaved in a week and had the worst breath I ever smelt. I was very polite and he was a total butthole when I asked him when my child birth annoucement would run. He said that it would enver run if I didnt stop pestering him about it. I have never met anyone so rude in my entire life. He is a total failure just like the rest of the Lincolnton Times.
Gnut

Denver, NC

#2 Jan 8, 2012
I heard that they were trying to sale the place.. who would wanna buy that crappy business
Right Guard

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 8, 2012
The sports writers are the worst. Mike Powell was a flop!!
Gnut

Denver, NC

#4 Jan 8, 2012
Is that the sports writer that is there now? his name is mike something. he is a total tool that doesnt know a thing about sports. he even told me how much he hated covering west lincoln sports and thought they were all a bunch of hilbillies.
Jason

Rock Hill, SC

#5 Jan 8, 2012
They hire all those arrogant kids to work there because they can get them cheap due to their lack of both experience and manners. You should try to buy an ad for a business. They act like they're the freaking charlOtte disturber. They want $1200 a page . No thank you mr. Leedy.
Wallace

Denver, NC

#6 Jan 9, 2012
I had the 'pleasure' of meeting the Leedy family.They are the most retarded people I have ever met. It is funny how people that are 300 lbs are surprised by their health problems.
Rey

Denver, NC

#7 Jan 12, 2012
Right Guard wrote:
The sports writers are the worst. Mike Powell was a flop!!
You are write about him. Doesn't he work for the Gayzette now. They guy they have now, another Mike, is pretty good though
Chris Goodson

Gastonia, NC

#8 Jan 12, 2012
Wallace wrote:
I had the 'pleasure' of meeting the Leedy family.They are the most retarded people I have ever met. It is funny how people that are 300 lbs are surprised by their health problems.
Wow. It takes a big man to anonymously go on a message board and personally attack people. Jerk. If you have problems with the paper or the owners, state them without the personal attacks. you might end up being helpful.
Stupid newspaper

Morganton, NC

#9 Jan 13, 2012
You are right Mike Powell was a horrible sports writer. The paper really does not get out and get the real story. What a waste of time!!
Demetrus

Casar, NC

#11 Jan 16, 2012
Yea, screw Goodson, get the hell off Topix!!! Bigman is right!!!!
Raymond

Lincolnton, NC

#12 Jan 17, 2012
Don't you think the discriptions given really describe Lincolnton!!! Such a crap place, rednecks galore!
Wolf

Lincolnton, NC

#13 Jan 18, 2012
The last few articles seem to have nothing to do with whats actually going on in Lincolnton (does denver have its own paper?) I dont know just would be nice if it was more focused on what is going on here as oppose to West or East.

But the last articles just seemed really dumbed down or atleast the most basic of writing skills and repeating stuff they already wrote in the two days before.

I know the small business world is harsh these days but it seems like all the ones they "feature" end up closing a few days later. Its like a curse.
Leonard

Casar, NC

#14 Jan 20, 2012
Not much of a paper or town to live in!(REDNECKS)
Wallace

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Jan 22, 2012
Rey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are write about him. Doesn't he work for the Gayzette now. They guy they have now, another Mike, is pretty good though
The new Mike, his last name is somehting crazy like Geilibline or something. He is never is the offic. I went up there 3 times to speak with him. They said he was out covering stuff. But when I look in the paper, it looks like he covers maybe one game a week. The sports is a total joke now, just like the rest of the paper. Bunch of lazy college kids and a no good editor leading the way. And then the Leedy-tard family still running (ruining)it. Save your money and spend that $.50 on a pack of gum. you will get more use out of that
John

Lincolnton, NC

#16 Jan 23, 2012
The current price of the Lincolnton Times is 75 Cent.
wallace

Lincolnton, NC

#17 Jan 23, 2012
LOL.. who would ever waste $.75 on that rag.
Ben

Casar, NC

#18 Jan 25, 2012
I agree Mike Powell was not much of an editor. Glad he is gone, hope he dosen't mess up the Gaston Sports section!
Joshua is a DipShip

Lincolnton, NC

#20 May 25, 2012
I have never thought very highly of Mike Powell. AndI have never thought highly of Frank Tayler either. and no one thinks highly of the Lincolnton times!!!
LCNCnative

Boone, NC

#22 Aug 4, 2012
So glad the times added the obits back to the second page of the paper. Thanks LTN !
Todd

Hudson, NC

#23 Aug 6, 2012
Trying to say something nice about the paper. My carrier is hot looking!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crouse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... May 23 Solomon 1
I blame you all. May 20 Huhhhh 2
wrecks on HWY 27 West May 20 concerned 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) May 9 FDG 100
Sex Drive (Sep '10) Apr '15 sexcaliber 4
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr '15 Irving 2
The Old Crowell Hospital on Aspen Street. (Sep '11) Apr '15 Boyce W 20
More from around the web

Crouse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE