EDITORIAL: Open discussion needed in Cherryville Police Department decision

There are 3 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jan 25, 2013, titled EDITORIAL: Open discussion needed in Cherryville Police Department decision. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Cherryville City Council members have decided against partnering with Gaston County for police protection, but how they reached that decision raises some troubling questions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Since: Sep 12

Cherryville, NC

#1 Jan 28, 2013
According to Bobby Schull all you have to do to find out how the city council reached its decision to not ask Gaston county for police protection is to go to Church with these fine upstanding Citizens.

Excuse me. But does this not scare the bejezus out of anyone else? What happened to how our elected government should conduct business? How about letting the citizens of Cherryville know exactly how the decision was made?

Seems to me that what actually happened and how the decision was made was in the back room of someones house or business in the finest tradition of the "Good Ole Boy network".

Just more of the same shenanigans that got Cherryville in the mess it is now. Woody Burgess and Captain Allred left the Cherryville under the taint of scandal. And we find that major theft of our hard earned dollars to pay for inflated utility bills that could not have gone on for as long as it did unless someone else was padding their pockets at City Hall.

Many questions of how business was handled have gone unanswered. The last thing this city council needs to do right now is to have secrets from the voters.
myway

Gastonia, NC

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Alfred E Newmanm wrote:
According to Bobby Schull all you have to do to find out how the city council reached its decision to not ask Gaston county for police protection is to go to Church with these fine upstanding Citizens.
Excuse me. But does this not scare the bejezus out of anyone else? What happened to how our elected government should conduct business? How about letting the citizens of Cherryville know exactly how the decision was made?
Seems to me that what actually happened and how the decision was made was in the back room of someones house or business in the finest tradition of the "Good Ole Boy network".
Just more of the same shenanigans that got Cherryville in the mess it is now. Woody Burgess and Captain Allred left the Cherryville under the taint of scandal. And we find that major theft of our hard earned dollars to pay for inflated utility bills that could not have gone on for as long as it did unless someone else was padding their pockets at City Hall.
Many questions of how business was handled have gone unanswered. The last thing this city council needs to do right now is to have secrets from the voters.
I agree
myway

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 28, 2013
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crouse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Apr 27 Truth Hurts 98
I blame you all. Apr 24 Crazy4swayze 1
Sex Drive (Sep '10) Apr 24 sexcaliber 4
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr 13 Irving 2
The Old Crowell Hospital on Aspen Street. (Sep '11) Apr 11 Boyce W 20
A Little Pink Boutique: Local Internet scam?! Apr 3 Angie 9
what's wrong with the people of Lincolnton? Mar '15 Truth Hurts 5
More from around the web

Crouse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE