City Council gives green light to new...

City Council gives green light to new McDonald's zoning

There are 7 comments on the Lincoln Times-News story from Sep 14, 2012, titled City Council gives green light to new McDonald's zoning. In it, Lincoln Times-News reports that:

A new McDonald's restaurant can be built in Boger City following unanimous approval from the Lincolnton City Council Thursday night of the company's request for a conditional-use rezoning of property on East Main Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Times-News.

Razor

Bessemer City, NC

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Redneck hamburger town, they justify it!!
John

Greenville, SC

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Issue you should have is the gambling they wanna open on every street corner...not the new mcdonalds. Considering, that awhile back they talked about changing some of the land around G.E. Massey or possibly moving it in the next few years.

The Hospital has moved to a new a location and the new location means peoples fast food and shopping needs will be met closer. Besides just because its approved doesnt mean it will be built and even if it does get built it doesnt mean it will be built with in the next year.

I find it interseting the person who spoke up against it worried about the sidewalks and stuff...when something new is built in Lincolnton they are required to have new sidewalks, ramps and other entry ways for people walking. See Walmart and Walgreens for examples.

We have had two burger kings before...having two mcdonalds is okay. Whats worse is having 10 of these "internet sweepstakes" just infesting the place. I rather have a place that can feed people rather than a place that takes peoples money with the promise of winning thous....hundre....a few bucks?
Ruffus

Polkville, NC

#3 Sep 16, 2012
gimmie dat burger!
Joseph

Nebo, NC

#4 Sep 20, 2012
No Ruffus the chimps say booger! Gimmie dat booger.
Wheres_the_Beef

Asheville, NC

#5 Oct 10, 2012
John wrote:
Issue you should have is the gambling they wanna open on every street corner...not the new mcdonalds. Considering, that awhile back they talked about changing some of the land around G.E. Massey or possibly moving it in the next few years.
The Hospital has moved to a new a location and the new location means peoples fast food and shopping needs will be met closer. Besides just because its approved doesnt mean it will be built and even if it does get built it doesnt mean it will be built with in the next year.
I find it interseting the person who spoke up against it worried about the sidewalks and stuff...when something new is built in Lincolnton they are required to have new sidewalks, ramps and other entry ways for people walking. See Walmart and Walgreens for examples.
We have had two burger kings before...having two mcdonalds is okay. Whats worse is having 10 of these "internet sweepstakes" just infesting the place. I rather have a place that can feed people rather than a place that takes peoples money with the promise of winning thous....hundre....a few bucks?
I can't imagine why anyone would be upset over ANY commerce coming to our area?? REALLY? Why not focus on the 50 convenience stores? NOOO...let's attack small LOCALLY owned business that is employing over 20 ppl in Lincolnton...makes sense to you maybe, but not to me lol
10 gambling places??? Lincolnton has 3 within the confines of the city....NOT 10--GET the facts straight... I can almost imagine whom posted this ...ugh
John

Greenville, SC

#8 Oct 13, 2012
Wheres_the_Beef wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine why anyone would be upset over ANY commerce coming to our area?? REALLY? Why not focus on the 50 convenience stores? NOOO...let's attack small LOCALLY owned business that is employing over 20 ppl in Lincolnton...makes sense to you maybe, but not to me lol
10 gambling places??? Lincolnton has 3 within the confines of the city....NOT 10--GET the facts straight... I can almost imagine whom posted this ...ugh
Even a "big business" can be locally owned and can add much more than 20.
B & B Sweepstakes located in The Big Lots Shopping Center.
Sugar Daddys Internet SweepStakes at Vandiver Dr.
OK Sweepstakes in The Bilo Shopping Center.
Lincoln County SweepStakes at Family Dollar.
Sweepstakes behind The New Sentry Drug Building.
There is a Sweepstakes Banner at the Gas Station Next to PapaJohns.
Just about every shopping Center in Lincolnton has one and if they dont someone is currently putting through an application to have one put in there. Recently, one was put through for shopping center with Dollar Tree and Dollar General.
John

Greenville, SC

#9 Oct 13, 2012
oh...

and are you saying those places have 20 people working in there? I went into one to see what the big deal was...

It was one person sitting behind a desk. Nothing more. And if they are other places with 20 people...what on earth are they doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crouse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WARNING WARNING. Homewrecker moved to your area. (Jan '15) Jun 15 Ronnie Mund 5
News Lincoln County authorities investigate fraudule... Jun 9 Todd 1
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... (May '15) Jun 6 Barry Holmeshouser 6
News Police: Felon sold heroin to cop Jun 6 Quarter Horse House 2
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Jun 1 CGJ 73
Rep. Jason Saine, on ALEC's Board of Directors May 29 tarnej1 1
News Sex offender charged with threatening Lincolnto... May '16 Director of Athle... 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crouse Mortgages