Food stamps are a good thing

Food stamps are a good thing

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lol

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 12, 2012
We are in hard times my family needs them.i cant work for long periods of time because i get tired & my wife has thyroid problems so she needs lots of rest,if it wasnt for housing & food stams we would be homeless & hungry & we wouldnt be able to take care of ojrs kids.we are good ppl we know our bad luck is gonna end soon.Maybe we wll hit it big in the lottery.So dont judge
really

Crossville, TN

#2 Nov 12, 2012
i get tired as well when i work long periods at a time. that is no excuse
lol

Cookeville, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2012
I have asmha i think
What I Know

Cookeville, TN

#4 Nov 12, 2012
"Mr. Really" wants to see more starvation in this country. Because that'll show 'em!
really

Crossville, TN

#5 Nov 12, 2012
cant work because they get tired is a lame excuse to draw foodstamps. work is not intended to give you energy or they wouldnt call it work. sad that i work 18hrs a day so tired people can sit at home and draw foodstamps with my tax dollars
riding hard

Crossville, TN

#6 Nov 12, 2012
I think food stamps should be stopped. It isn't my fault that you can't afford food. I work, pay my way and take care of mine. I'm so sorry that you keep popping kids out like a factory, but that is not my problem. All these obese people can lose weight whether they want to or not. Why should I pay for your food because you're to lazy to do anything other than spread your legs.It's a shame, and if you can't feed your kids then you need them taken away from you. Maybe that will be a drive to get out there push past the pain that you are suffering through and move on because you do whatcha gotta do to survive. Oh that's right you'll just steal then.....what a waste of space.
wtf

Crossville, TN

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Im so tired of you people putting other people down cause their on foodstamps i know some people out there that needs it ,you people dont know what their problems are you think they are lazy ,you go to the store you see someone at the check out lane they have kids and you see them using the fs card u put your nose in the air like they are trash you give them dirty looks you dont know their problem .God do you people have a heart?fs is there to help people out mainly to help the children might be something wrong with the parent(s) the children has to eat ,do you want them to starve?think about the children not what your needs are.
Need a new job

Jamestown, TN

#8 Nov 13, 2012
wtf wrote:
Im so tired of you people putting other people down cause their on foodstamps i know some people out there that needs it ,you people dont know what their problems are you think they are lazy ,you go to the store you see someone at the check out lane they have kids and you see them using the fs card u put your nose in the air like they are trash you give them dirty looks you dont know their problem .God do you people have a heart?fs is there to help people out mainly to help the children might be something wrong with the parent(s) the children has to eat ,do you want them to starve?think about the children not what your needs are.
They are trash because most of them buy shitty processed food for the kids and then pull out cash to buy beer and cigarettes.

Since: Oct 12

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Nov 13, 2012
I've had a son and wife to support since I was 18 there was times we really needed food stamps but I was to proud to take them we always got by these people need to realize that food stamps and welfare is not a right no one owes you nothing It makes me sick to stand in line at the store and the person in front of you is paying with a ebt card with cash in there wallet iPhone in there hand while I fixing to pull out cash that I worked my but off for to pay for my grocerys The system needs fixed there is people that need them but I'd say truly is probably only 40% of the ones that have them the others are just plain lazy and trash
okay

Crossville, TN

#10 Nov 13, 2012
I get frustrated with abuses as well, but I've not heard any suggestions as to how to change the criteria for who is eligible. I hear a lot of bitching but no real solutions.

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the federal budget would you estimate is spent on the food stamp program?
use yo head

Crossville, TN

#11 Nov 13, 2012
really wrote:
cant work because they get tired is a lame excuse to draw foodstamps. work is not intended to give you energy or they wouldnt call it work. sad that i work 18hrs a day so tired people can sit at home and draw foodstamps with my tax dollars
Yea, you're right. That's the only reason you have to work, to provide food stamps for the less fortunate.*Rolls Eyes*

I get so tired of you high and mighty a holes saying that over and over and over and over. You would STILL have to work, regardless. The government would STILL take part of your paycheck every single month, regardless. Are you really stupid enough to believe otherwise??? lol
Charlimax

Crossville, TN

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Limiting food purchased to the 5 basic food groups might help. No sodas,junk food,or candy, children and adults would be healthier. Unfortunately some major corporations are sure to lobby heavily against such restrictions.
use yo head

Crossville, TN

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Pave4livn wrote:
I've had a son and wife to support since I was 18 there was times we really needed food stamps but I was to proud to take them we always got by these people need to realize that food stamps and welfare is not a right no one owes you nothing It makes me sick to stand in line at the store and the person in front of you is paying with a ebt card with cash in there wallet iPhone in there hand while I fixing to pull out cash that I worked my but off for to pay for my grocerys The system needs fixed there is people that need them but I'd say truly is probably only 40% of the ones that have them the others are just plain lazy and trash
Again, the same old redudant HIGH and MIGHTY bull shit. For one, if you were too proud to accept help that you say your family NEEDED, that's your own damn fault and unfortunate for them.

Secondly, with the cell phone comment. Come on!!! Does it ever cross your mind that perhaps it was a gift? Or maybe that "lazy person" in front of you does have a job and saved a little here and there for months and months to get it. Either way, if you worried half as much about yourself as you do sticking your nose in everyone else's buisness, you'd be much better off.
use yo head

Crossville, TN

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Need a new job wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trash because most of them buy shitty processed food for the kids and then pull out cash to buy beer and cigarettes.
Coming from someone in Jamestown, you should know PLENTY about trash!!! lol Oh and the beer and cigarette comment, I really wish you (wanna be) high and mightys would find something else to say cause it's getting old. Every effin thread on here about this subject is always the same, stupid shit. Do you people honestly expect anyone to believe that every time you go in a store, someone is swiping the card and purchasing beer and shit like that directly after? Also, about the processed food thing. If they are having to use the SNAP program, obviously they have a very low income. Well have you tried to prepare healthy, homecooked meals every day? Let me just tell you, it may not be as healthy for children but food in their belly is food in their belly. That processed shit you're talking about is a hell of a lot less expensive than healthier food choices. I know this because all of my families meals (aside from maybe once a month or so) are made from scratch, homecooked and healthy as possible. I've often said that I could see why people like that resort to processed food because it would save them a ton of money and spread out the assistance they recieve to last longer.
hamburger

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2012
The OP is being sarcastic.. You ignorant hill mongers.
okay

Crossville, TN

#16 Nov 13, 2012
Charlimax wrote:
Limiting food purchased to the 5 basic food groups might help. No sodas,junk food,or candy, children and adults would be healthier. Unfortunately some major corporations are sure to lobby heavily against such restrictions.
True. Companies lobby hard for favorable food stamp policy.
Irritated

Oak Ridge, TN

#18 Nov 13, 2012
lol wrote:
We are in hard times my family needs them.i cant work for long periods of time because i get tired & my wife has thyroid problems so she needs lots of rest,if it wasnt for housing & food stams we would be homeless & hungry & we wouldnt be able to take care of ojrs kids.we are good ppl we know our bad luck is gonna end soon.Maybe we wll hit it big in the lottery.So dont judge
But, you're on Topix?

Let me guess, you're on a public library computer and devote your concern via Topix and how the community feels about your current socioeconomic status?

Or ... you've decided to go to a family members house and use their internet and computer to directly relate your distress via Topix?

Go away troll. Sometimes, you're just not good at it.
use yo head

Crossville, TN

#19 Nov 13, 2012
riding hard wrote:
I think food stamps should be stopped. It isn't my fault that you can't afford food. I work, pay my way and take care of mine. I'm so sorry that you keep popping kids out like a factory, but that is not my problem. All these obese people can lose weight whether they want to or not. Why should I pay for your food because you're to lazy to do anything other than spread your legs.It's a shame, and if you can't feed your kids then you need them taken away from you. Maybe that will be a drive to get out there push past the pain that you are suffering through and move on because you do whatcha gotta do to survive. Oh that's right you'll just steal then.....what a waste of space.
You sir/ma'am are an ignorant, rude and judgemental asshole. I guess every person that has ever been on stamps is a baby factory or a fatass, right? Get a clue you effin retard! A lot of people that use the program DO work and try to make an honest living for themselves and their families. In this economy, there is no wonder so many people are having to seek government assistance to get by. So many stereotypes. So much hate.....what a waste of space!!
Irritated

Oak Ridge, TN

#21 Nov 13, 2012
use yo head wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from someone in Jamestown, you should know PLENTY about trash!!! lol Oh and the beer and cigarette comment, I really wish you (wanna be) high and mightys would find something else to say cause it's getting old. Every effin thread on here about this subject is always the same, stupid shit. Do you people honestly expect anyone to believe that every time you go in a store, someone is swiping the card and purchasing beer and shit like that directly after? Also, about the processed food thing. If they are having to use the SNAP program, obviously they have a very low income. Well have you tried to prepare healthy, homecooked meals every day? Let me just tell you, it may not be as healthy for children but food in their belly is food in their belly. That processed shit you're talking about is a hell of a lot less expensive than healthier food choices. I know this because all of my families meals (aside from maybe once a month or so) are made from scratch, homecooked and healthy as possible. I've often said that I could see why people like that resort to processed food because it would save them a ton of money and spread out the assistance they recieve to last longer.
For starters,

*home-cooked
*receive

Haven't you idiots learned that the location of a poster isn't a direct reflection of their physical location?
use yo head

Crossville, TN

#23 Nov 13, 2012
One more thing. Why is it that SO many people get on here to bitch and complain about "having to work to support food stamps" on a effin regular basis but there is hardly EVER any mention of the many, many, MANY other ways the government dips their hands in our pockets to support things that in many ways, does nothing but damage to our country and the people in it.

Look at the effin war. Look at all the money Uncle Sam helped himself to, to fund that shit. A fat lot of good it did for America. Money wasted and men and women killed for NOTHING! But not many seem to get as fired up and ready to raise hell about that.

Look at all the money the government funnels to other countries to aid in natural disasters and shit like that. The same as someone else said about the people needing food stamps, how the hell is it our problem or our place to put a band aid on everyone else's boo boos when our own country has been quickly falling to SHIT ever since ol big ears was in office?? But thereagain, noone seems to want to bitch about that as much as they want to go on and on and on about food stamps.

Hell, just look at the way all the big wigs in the gov live. They live the effin high life on OUR dollar while we have people sleeping under bridges and having to dig through a damn trash can with their effin fingers crossed hoping to find something to eat. The way I see it, the President along with the rest of the government shouldn't be living any higher on the hog than the people that support their lifestyle. But thereagain, that's just not a big deal. Food stamps is where the big problem is, right?

What clueless morons!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can anyone recommend a good holistic doctor in ... (Mar '13) 44 min Babylove1 17
Lost without you 6 hr beastman 15
10 O'clock has a new name..."Plateau Rambo" 7 hr SouthernAmerican 39
nathan honeycutt 7 hr dramagueen 11
Lazy slobs 7 hr dumbtown 39
Heather Leigh Green 7 hr Campbelljustice 3
6 to 8 inches of snow before morning expected 7 hr stockup 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages