Wharton Nursing Home
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HONESTABE

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Was wondering if anybody knew anything about this place good/bad? Was thinking of placing mother in law there and wanted to know.
Ha Ha Ha

Lebanon, TN

#2 Jul 22, 2010
HONESTABE wrote:
Was wondering if anybody knew anything about this place good/bad? Was thinking of placing mother in law there and wanted to know.
I worked there for two yrs. Great place for residents, they have a beauitful new facility. They arevery big on cleaning and giving there residents 100% of attention and caring for there every need. Unfortunetly the only thing negative I would have to say they treat there employees poorly and unfairly. The ones who work hard and provide the residents with what they need and deserve are not nearly appreciated by the admistrative system there as are the ones who others have to go back thru and do there work again. Kitchen and house hold crew are great and there are some great women on both of them teams. CNA's are Great they work long shifts and you dont ever hear them complain.
Good Luck

Crossville, TN

#3 Jul 22, 2010
Honestabe- I would recommend you go check out all the nursing homes in cumberland county I think there are 3 and one other one being built. Wharton's, Life Care, and Wyndridge. I have read that there is another one being built in FFG. I wouldn't make an appointment either. Just show up, that way you can see the way the staff truley act.Look at the residents, are they dressed, clean. does the place smell, are you greeted by the workers, are they actually working or just standing around. Good luck!
cna on a mission

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2010
They do have a nice facility now and they are moved into it.....However its not being ran the right way. The residents are loosing their rights and they are suffering from it very badly. Not to mention the employees are suffering as well from heavy work loads and being made to do things that are not ethically right. Some would call it mental abuse to these residents. They have new rules now saying that every resident has to come to the dining room for every meal even if they do not want to....this is abuse and its taking their rights away. What happened to Residents Rights? The higher ups are all about appearance and could care less about its residents well being or its employees. They have been alot more injuries at work due to there stupidity and I'm sure there will be more. This has got to stop its not right. Someone should call the state on them if it would do any good?
lcca

Crossville, TN

#5 Jul 26, 2010
cna on a mission wrote:
They do have a nice facility now and they are moved into it.....However its not being ran the right way. The residents are loosing their rights and they are suffering from it very badly. Not to mention the employees are suffering as well from heavy work loads and being made to do things that are not ethically right. Some would call it mental abuse to these residents. They have new rules now saying that every resident has to come to the dining room for every meal even if they do not want to....this is abuse and its taking their rights away. What happened to Residents Rights? The higher ups are all about appearance and could care less about its residents well being or its employees. They have been alot more injuries at work due to there stupidity and I'm sure there will be more. This has got to stop its not right. Someone should call the state on them if it would do any good?
You should come work at life care, I like it pretty good. anything is worth an interview.
Political Outsider

Crab Orchard, TN

#6 Jul 27, 2010
God's waiting room...
Someone who KNOWS better

Crossville, TN

#7 Jul 27, 2010
To CNA on a mission: The HIGHER ups DO care about every single resident in that facility. CNAs that hide behind fake names and slander their place of employement probably need to just turn in their resignation. You go to bashing the rep of Wharton and you are harming each resident there considering it's a non-profit org. AND BTW readers need to realize that we have been in the new facility for exactly 1 week today! AND this is the first facility of it's kind in TN, some people are very quick to forget they are a part of the team and quick to forget that this is NEW to everyone including the Higher UPs! Sad sad little world we live in these days. Pathetic. I would recommend Wharton to anyone! I would place any of my loved one's there. And those workers with bad attitudes need to hit the road and not look back in my opinion.
concerned

Mcminnville, TN

#8 Jul 27, 2010
I would like to inform everyone who would like to know,whartons is a really wonderful place to work.And I would recommend the facility for anyone who really cares about how their family is bieng taken care of.And cna on a mission dont need to be saying stuff if u dont know what you are talking about.The residents are taken very good care of,and as far as employees getting hurt,its going to happen anywhere you work!!!!Please get your facts straight before you start bashing.
David

Crossville, TN

#9 Jul 27, 2010
Hi,

Wharton is a solid establishment with good management that I know personally. It has 50 years of strong positive reputation. The new nursing home just built is STATE OF THE ART and there are only a few like it in the entire country. Pleasant Hill is a beautiful community to visit your loved ones as well. The entire uplands community is fantastic with wonderful people who care. I agree with "Someone who cares" regarding your viewpoint. I think maybe you should leave the healthcare industry all together, not just Wharton. Perhaps your negative attitude is more mentally abusive than you realize.
whatever

Crossville, TN

#10 Jul 27, 2010
I would also like to state to cna on a mission that, working at whartons is a privelage and the residents there are getting the best care possible. Their rights are not being taking away from them. Its good for them to get up and go to the dining room to eat all their meals that keeps them active and also less breakdown on their bodies. Activites is what they need, yes there is gonna be a heavy work load, the higher ups is changing things and there will be more to do for us all. its not necessary all that bad. As long as we work together as a team then anything is possible. And as far as bringing a loved one there, i would definitely do it.. i have worked as a cna for 10 yrs i have worked at wyndridge and the hosp and i have to say this is best far place to work than both of those , i have seen how they treated thier employees and i have seen how they treated thier patients/ residents.. by suggesting calling the state b/c of having the residents get up for meals and b/c of heavy workload that bull. Really, if you are not part of this team, then u need to resign and give someone else the chance to work in a great facility than getting on her bad mouthing. thanks.
cna on a mission

Crossville, TN

#11 Jul 27, 2010
To all of you who do not approve of what I said....I'm sorry if you do not agree with me but I think its wrong to make these residents do something that they clearly don't want to do. When you have a resident who is upset and crying to you because they feel their rights are being taken away then you tell me how you would feel....because to me when you make someone do something that they are not comfortable with that is ABUSE however you look at it. And as far as me finding a new job never, I love my job and my residents very much and there needs to be someone there that does because I feel like the higher ups do not. As far as the building it is nice I love it and as far as most of the other workers I have great appreciation for and do think that they care for there residents. I also think that this facility is the best in the cumberland county are I just don't agree with there new rules and as far as workload I understand its gonna get a little heavy I was implying to the lack of help there and you being expected to do it all. And as far as you people who think you know what your talking about maybe you should come be a cna at Whartons and see how you feel after you work it for a full 12hrs.
BLAH BLAH

Crossville, TN

#13 Jul 27, 2010
So what exactly is your mission Miss CNA?? If you love your job and your residents....

Higher ups don't care about the residents...that's really hilarious considering they have made a career out of elder care.

Why don't you take your concerns to your super instead of anonymously running your mouth publicly on here???

Do you have the guts to show yourself??? LMAO!!
concerned

Mcminnville, TN

#14 Jul 27, 2010
I really feel this person has no guts,lmao.Why dont you complain to the higher ups if you dont think they are doing thier jobs correctly?Oh is it you have no balls?And no I dont agree with what u said.What exactly do you think you are going to accomplish by hidding behind the name except to piss of your "higher ups" and your work mates when they are trying to figure out who is bashing a FACILITY that actually cares about their residents.Have you ever heard of therapy?Oh wait you are a cna,you should know what that is.It actually does them good to get up!!!Or is it you just cant handle your job.
whatever

Crossville, TN

#15 Jul 27, 2010
cna on a mission, i understand you have feelings about the residents who dont want to come eat in the dining room, and im sure that there are a few there who doesnt want to. Their rights are being taking away. yes the may cry and they may say they dont want to go but you know i too feel for those residents,no one is forcing anyone to go to the dining area, its merely suggested that they get up and come to the dining area. but honestly it will do them some good. i know at the other facility they got to sit in their room to eat an didnt have to come out but to what extent did it do them any good. you say they feel like their rights are being taking away is this your feeling or the resident..think about it. some residents are gonna feel that way b/c they dont like change, it scares them and rightly so. but as long as you talk to them and still give them the choice and options they have that right to say NO!! we have to abide by that. again no one is forcing nothing. like i said it will help them socially and physically. think about it.
whatever

Crossville, TN

#16 Jul 27, 2010
im sorry i misquoted myself i meant to say their rights are not being taking away.. oops..
Outsider

Crossville, TN

#17 Jul 27, 2010
I have some how been connected to Uplands (Wharton Nursing Home) for years and the comment by "CNA on a mission" makes me speachless. Uplands welcomes each individual with open arms especially the residents. Their top concern is the welfare for each and every resident, worker. I invite everyone to pop in for a vistit at anytime. What will you see? I will tell you a wonderful home enviroment that is full of welcoming staff with love in their hearts for everyone ESPECIALLY residents. The residents love thier new home!!!! I was there today and ask several. I even spoke to a resident that was anxious about the move. They love it!!! CNA on a mission just get over yourself. This is hardwork but all the smiles and hugs makes it worth while.... Or for me just knowing I helped someone makes me happy. If you cannot HANDLE it please quit the health care field. To care for people you need to have a positive, empathetic, and loving personality... Clearly you do not please quit.....
ICU RN

Clarksville, TN

#18 Jul 27, 2010
*Honestabe- I worked at Wharton Nursing Home for years as a CNA and also a dietary aide, I also have many family members that still work there. It is a wonderful facility with wonderful employees. Wharton is part of the Uplands Retirement Village, it is a close knit community focused around aging with dignity at all stages of life. Wharton has just transitioned its residents and staff into a new, amazing facility. I work in a large hospital in Nashville, TN now and I recommend Wharton Nursing Home for extended care to all of our social workers and for families in the area.
ICU RN

Clarksville, TN

#19 Jul 27, 2010
* cna on a mission- My first thought in reading your response was "SERIOUSLY"! If a resident chooses not to come out to the dining room then they are not forced and will be given food in their room. Yes it is encouraged to come out for PT, and socialization. The fact is that it is a wonderful environment when residents are encouraged to come out to eat instead of being encouraged to stay in bed because it is easier on the staff. Questions that come to mind- do you eat in your bed at home and also would you just rather them eat in their room because its easier on you? I agree with above posts if you are working for a facility that you are so dissatisfied with and believe is abusive to its residents than that makes you a culprit too and you should find another place to work! I did notice though that you took that back a little to say that Wharton is the best in the county. Maybe you were confused when you placed your “mouthy” post. Commenting on the workloads of the CNA’s, like I said in a previous post I worked there for years and yes it is a heavy workload, but that is in general for that position, and is unbearable in most facilities. Now on the fact of management, a role in which you have probably never had, I think the management does a great job at Wharton. I know many of the different managers and they care so much about their residents and workers (even people as ungrateful as you). Many of them work beyond their paid hours, come in if called in, attend continuing education that drags them away from their families and truly put their hearts into their jobs. Many of the management throughout the company have even had their family members at the nursing home. Lastly- if you have concern with your job then you should follow the chain of command instead of trying to make your workplace look bad, because you are probably upset with something that did not go your way at work.
Anonymous

Crossville, TN

#20 Jul 29, 2010
Well the way I see it the people that are being rude toward cna on a mission are the higher ups therirselves. They are trying to cover their own asses by watching everything they possibly can. CNA ON A MISSION is only concerned about the residents that she cares for and their rights as a living person. If the supervisers would take time out from their percious paper work and move out from behind their desk for a minute, they might learn that the residents aren't happy. And they might change a few things. Wharton's was once a fun loving place to work as well as to live. Now that their new building has came into the picture, they have forgotton everything that they where once about. They seem to no longer care about the residents wishes and thoughts. Its all about how things appear when people come in to visit. Well if your forcing a resident to come out of their room, their not going to appear happy for your precious visitors. What would their familes think if they only knew how you were truly treating them. I think it would be bad. So you see people the higher ups are only tryin to cover their own asses cause they know that they are doing wrong by these poor souls. But why should the higher ups care they don't physically care for the residents like the workers. And now they are making the workers do more then their fair share of work cause they obviously spent all their money on the new building and can't afford to pay for the appropriate staff that they need to make sure the job is done correctly. And don't go trying to blame it on only being there for a week or how ever long, cause you were begining this while you were still in the old building. And CNA ON A MISSION is correct people should know about what is going on. And just so everyone knows. CNA ON A MISSION has a right to not identify herself cause if she does then she will loose her job. And be honest who can afford that at this point. If the workers even complain at work about what is going on then they get wrote up and will soon there after loose their job. And all because unlike the higher up stuck up ass hole bosses they have they care for the well being and happiness of the residents they are caring for. So to all of you desk workers why don't you get to know your residents and their wishes or maybe you could try to do the job that your asking of your workers. Maybe then you would see that your asking the impossible of them. And by the way so that you know from one of the comments above they stated that the higher ups has to care about the residents because they made their way to the top through health care. Well just so you know some of the supervisors (or excuse me coordinators... LMAO) aren't not even close to knowing what really goes on. They have coordinators that where just nobodies working because they didn't have jobs in the new building for them. So they don't really have a clue they just have a big head is all and think they do. And sorrow goes out to the workers who lost their jobs just because the HIGHER UPS thought they could be asses and deny them their jobs in the new buildings only because they truly wanted those workers to quit so they could save on money. And they decided they would cut back on workers and just make the few they have work like slaves to try and keep the place going. You see people of the higher ups they don't care about anyone but theirselves and their own little paycheck. They could care less about the workers or about the residents. And its truly sad to say but honestly the truth. I would not want my family to be treated like that. Only a heartless person could act in such a manner. MANY OF THE WORKERS WOULD FIGHT AGAINST THIS BUT THEIR JOBS ARE AT RISKS AND SO MANY CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOSE THEIR JOBS CAUSE OF THEIR FAMILY AND HOMES WOULD BE AT RISK. THE HIGHER UPS KNOW THIS AND TAKE IT TO THE ADVANTAGE. SO PLEASE ANYONE AND EVERYONE HELP TO FIGHT THIS AND MAKE IT RIGHT AND A BETTER PLACE AS IT ONCE WAS BEFORE. THANKS READERS...
justpassingby

United States

#21 Jul 29, 2010
HONESTABE wrote:
From the looks of this thread this place is just like every other place in crossville so your mother-in-law would feel right at home. However I'm almost convinced its a nice place. Lol. Good luck. I have not had to look into nursing homes yet but I have had the headache of looking into daycares and I know the rumors are awful around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eye Centers 10 min Bless their hearts 1
Tyler Roberts: Theif 39 min Gayforhim 8
people in Prison (Nov '10) 1 hr Just concerned 21
Women squirters 1 hr Michelle Hargis 13
Home Instead Senior Care 2 hr Cal 3
Need Meth 3 hr Jim 26
Topix is Pure Trash! 4 hr ole-daddy 5
Shadden tire 4 hr ole-daddy 9
Call Your BOE member today 21 hr SoreJaws 43

Crossville Jobs