Hilltoppers of Crossville TN

Hilltoppers of Crossville TN

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 15, 2010
I would like to inform any one whom has a handicapped family member or friend needing live in care to not use them.
There employees are not proper care takers for consumers I have a person whom has been with them for care they have removed staff for marijuana taking friends into homes of consumers which is illegal, care takers leaving consumers in soiled briefs and cloths all night due to not wanting to change them.
The agency is a health care agency that pays minimum wage and alot of the staff are not people that you would want to care for a loved one. After giving them time and chance to improve I am looking for another agency for my loved one.
The agency wants to push to be payee representatives for the consumers so they can use funds the way the see fit not what is best for consumer. The agency promises you copies of receipts does not happen I am living proof of that. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN CHOOSING A HEALTH CARE AGENCY TO CARE FOR A FRIED OR FAMILY MEMBER.DO SOME INVESTIGATING. I thought Hilltoppers was a reputable agency and was very wrong.

Since: Jun 10

Crossville, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2010
I've heard from a few employees from there that the company get's $20/hr from the state for each employee,and that the employee's only make $7.25/hr. The company does not take care of it's employees. They are essentially being paid to be nurses, but they are getting the same wage as a McDonald's employee.

I wish a different home care company would come to town. Maybe competition would promote quality for the workers and the customers
Beth

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2010
Yes they need some competition to get their butts in gear.
Crop Duster

Crossville, TN

#4 Sep 15, 2010
Tenn2010 wrote:
I would like to inform any one whom has a handicapped family member or friend needing live in care to not use them.
There employees are not proper care takers for consumers I have a person whom has been with them for care they have removed staff for marijuana taking friends into homes of consumers which is illegal, care takers leaving consumers in soiled briefs and cloths all night due to not wanting to change them.
The agency is a health care agency that pays minimum wage and alot of the staff are not people that you would want to care for a loved one. After giving them time and chance to improve I am looking for another agency for my loved one.
The agency wants to push to be payee representatives for the consumers so they can use funds the way the see fit not what is best for consumer. The agency promises you copies of receipts does not happen I am living proof of that. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN CHOOSING A HEALTH CARE AGENCY TO CARE FOR A FRIED OR FAMILY MEMBER.DO SOME INVESTIGATING. I thought Hilltoppers was a reputable agency and was very wrong.
You sound like a disgruntled employee. If Hilltoppers removed staff for the issues you wrote about then it appears they are doing their job. As far as giving th agency time to improve, have you gone to the head of the agency? And if you have, then you need to go again because once a boss gives an order they expect their employee's to follow through and if they aren't then the boss needs to know.
Now, if you are a legitimate friend (not fried) or family member who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of your loved one, why don't you apply there and work with them. I have heard that a lot of family members don't want to deal with their own children or siblings because it interfere's with their lives and/or too embarrased to have them around when people come over. I'll tell you this, I have a family member who is MR and lives at home with me and will always live with me until the day I die. It is our responsibility to take care of our own, not the responsibility of others. Your family member can get the same benefits at home so if you're not willing to do that then quit you're whining.

The representative payee part get's me everytime. Why does the agency want this? It's because a lot of family members spend their so called loved one's money on themselves. I KNOW THIS TO BE FACT!!!! and when the agency requests $$$ for needed items so YOUR loved one can have quality of life, THE FAMILY comes up with a reason why the LOVED ONE doesn't need it when actually the family member has either spent it already or is too greedy to provide for THEIR loved one!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the pay? You must love what you do to work in that field because it has always been known that the money isn't there. And Grognak, although I love reading most of your posts, the employee's should go to McDonalds if they are unhappy with their salary. No one is keeping them under lock and key.
rumor

Crossville, TN

#5 Sep 15, 2010
Excellent post. Needed to be said for a long time. Thank you.
MANAGEMENT

Lebanon, TN

#6 Sep 16, 2010
Then you have your so called management telling lies on innocent people.. What a joke the director is....
Cmon

Cookeville, TN

#7 Sep 16, 2010
C'mon, this town is small enough, everyone knows someone that is/has worked there. Anyone and everyone knows the place is run like a joke, we could all get on here and say they do this and they do that and write posts 3 miles long and all legit. Yes fine some might say there not chaining the employees, just quit and find somewhere else to work. STFU are jobs really that easy to find that we should all just quit if we dont like our jobs? C'mon. No we all deal with the bs cause it pays the bills and thats what matters. Ya Hilltoppers Inc is a joke, through and through, the traing and its process is laughable. The jobs themselves should be better paid just because it takes someone special to work with the clients regardless of there functionality. The amount of $$ waste...shameful. There always looking for cuts, how to cut cost, the insurance gets worse and worse from month to month. What good does any of this do to talk about it on topix??? havent we all said this 10x already? EVERYONE knows Hilltoppers is a joke.....one is "if you have a pulse and a social theyll hire you" to be a health care provider doesnt that scare you? it should. I mean with the amound of drug addicted morons in this town how can ANY company take some loser off the street and "train" them to give controlled drugs in the privacy of someones home by themselves..........doesnt that sound like a disaster waiting to happen?? One day something will happen and when it does i will come back on topix and post I told you so lol.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Crop Duster wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a disgruntled employee. If Hilltoppers removed staff for the issues you wrote about then it appears they are doing their job. As far as giving th agency time to improve, have you gone to the head of the agency? And if you have, then you need to go again because once a boss gives an order they expect their employee's to follow through and if they aren't then the boss needs to know.
Now, if you are a legitimate friend (not fried) or family member who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of your loved one, why don't you apply there and work with them. I have heard that a lot of family members don't want to deal with their own children or siblings because it interfere's with their lives and/or too embarrased to have them around when people come over. I'll tell you this, I have a family member who is MR and lives at home with me and will always live with me until the day I die. It is our responsibility to take care of our own, not the responsibility of others. Your family member can get the same benefits at home so if you're not willing to do that then quit you're whining.
The representative payee part get's me everytime. Why does the agency want this? It's because a lot of family members spend their so called loved one's money on themselves. I KNOW THIS TO BE FACT!!!! and when the agency requests $$$ for needed items so YOUR loved one can have quality of life, THE FAMILY comes up with a reason why the LOVED ONE doesn't need it when actually the family member has either spent it already or is too greedy to provide for THEIR loved one!!!!!!!!!!
As far as the pay? You must love what you do to work in that field because it has always been known that the money isn't there. And Grognak, although I love reading most of your posts, the employee's should go to McDonalds if they are unhappy with their salary. No one is keeping them under lock and key.
No I have a family member that has Hilltopper Staffing. I could tell numerous stories about the things I have gone into the apartment and saw first hand and the appearance of the staff, it s true from what the staff say they are minimum wage, so the old saying "you get what you pay for" is true. A health care agency that is putting the lives of consumers in the employees hands should be willing to pay the employees more, when I Hill toppers started caring for my family member I had no idea what they paid the employees and there have been a high turn over rate in his staffing. They have poor quality staffing and house management. I could write a story on this topix and needless to say I am searching for another health care agency for my family member.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 17, 2010
Crop Duster wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a disgruntled employee. If Hilltoppers removed staff for the issues you wrote about then it appears they are doing their job. As far as giving th agency time to improve, have you gone to the head of the agency? And if you have, then you need to go again because once a boss gives an order they expect their employee's to follow through and if they aren't then the boss needs to know.
Now, if you are a legitimate friend (not fried) or family member who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of your loved one, why don't you apply there and work with them. I have heard that a lot of family members don't want to deal with their own children or siblings because it interfere's with their lives and/or too embarrased to have them around when people come over. I'll tell you this, I have a family member who is MR and lives at home with me and will always live with me until the day I die. It is our responsibility to take care of our own, not the responsibility of others. Your family member can get the same benefits at home so if you're not willing to do that then quit you're whining.
The representative payee part get's me everytime. Why does the agency want this? It's because a lot of family members spend their so called loved one's money on themselves. I KNOW THIS TO BE FACT!!!! and when the agency requests $$$ for needed items so YOUR loved one can have quality of life, THE FAMILY comes up with a reason why the LOVED ONE doesn't need it when actually the family member has either spent it already or is too greedy to provide for THEIR loved one!!!!!!!!!!
As far as the pay? You must love what you do to work in that field because it has always been known that the money isn't there. And Grognak, although I love reading most of your posts, the employee's should go to McDonalds if they are unhappy with their salary. No one is keeping them under lock and key.
As far as the payee and the source of income, you need to be aware the income is very small and has to cover the person for entire month all household bills and groceries can you live on social security for less than $700 a month when $650.00 ( this is paid to Hilltoppers from the payee for them to dispense for rent groceries and utilities the way they see fit) at least is for bills and groceries that leaves very little for extra outings or events for a entire month now WHO is being greedy or spending the money on them selves. You have to be very conservative with the income, and the consumer could have other bills that the amount to hilltoppers does not cover that is for actual household expense.
omg

Smartt, TN

#10 Sep 17, 2010
I do not see why people do this hilltoppers is providing jobs to people and if someone does not look at it like it is a job it is a check every couple weks they need to get out of the way and let someone who wants it work. As for the posts about hilltoppers are we done yet i mean come on it the same shit but a different day.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 17, 2010
omg wrote:
I do not see why people do this hilltoppers is providing jobs to people and if someone does not look at it like it is a job it is a check every couple weks they need to get out of the way and let someone who wants it work. As for the posts about hilltoppers are we done yet i mean come on it the same shit but a different day.
Try being on the consumer and the family of the consumers end. Not about the job its about the care and neglect
wow

Crossville, TN

#12 Sep 17, 2010
Crop Duster wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a disgruntled employee. If Hilltoppers removed staff for the issues you wrote about then it appears they are doing their job. As far as giving th agency time to improve, have you gone to the head of the agency? And if you have, then you need to go again because once a boss gives an order they expect their employee's to follow through and if they aren't then the boss needs to know.
Now, if you are a legitimate friend (not fried) or family member who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of your loved one, why don't you apply there and work with them. I have heard that a lot of family members don't want to deal with their own children or siblings because it interfere's with their lives and/or too
embarrased to have them around when people come over. I'll tell you this, I have a family member who is MR and lives at home with me and will always live with me until the day I die. It is our responsibility to take care of our own, not the responsibility of others. Your family member can get the same benefits at home so if you're not willing to do that then quit you're whining.
The representative payee part get's me everytime. Why does the agency want this? It's because a lot of family members spend their so called loved one's money on themselves. I KNOW THIS TO BE FACT!!!! and when the agency requests $$$ for needed items so YOUR loved one can have quality of life, THE FAMILY comes up with a reason why the LOVED ONE doesn't need it when actually the family member has either spent it already or is too greedy to provide for THEIR loved one!!!!!!!!!!
As far as the pay? You must love what you do to work in that field because it has always been known that the money isn't there. And Grognak, although I love reading most of your posts, the employee's should go to McDonalds if they are unhappy with their salary. No one is keeping them under lock and key.
Well said Crop Duster - you know exactly what you are talking about. As far as Tenn2010 your situation is widely known and if you would provide your loved one with the basic necessities with the money they receive there would not be an issue and they would not have to depend on someone else to buy his adult briefs for him.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Sep 29, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Crop Duster - you know exactly what you are talking about. As far as Tenn2010 your situation is widely known and if you would provide your loved one with the basic necessities with the money they receive there would not be an issue and they would not have to depend on someone else to buy his adult briefs for him.
My loved one receives all the money for loved ones bills and needs, for your information I also put out of my own pocket money toward things that the SSI check does cover you try to live of off a small SSI check ALONE and see how far you get.

Since: Sep 10

Crossville, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2010
Tenn2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the payee and the source of income, you need to be aware the income is very small and has to cover the person for entire month all household bills and groceries can you live on social security for less than $700 a month when $650.00 ( this is paid to Hilltoppers from the payee for them to dispense for rent groceries and utilities the way they see fit) at least is for bills and groceries that leaves very little for extra outings or events for a entire month now WHO is being greedy or spending the money on them selves. You have to be very conservative with the income, and the consumer could have other bills that the amount to hilltoppers does not cover that is for actual household expense.
Hmm, so if you would get him an apartment of his own, buy the groceries, pay the utilities, purchase his personal needs and pay for the individuals who support him, it would be less than $650. I would like to see that happen. Come on, you weren't happy with Care Focus and now you're not happy with Hilltoppers. Your initials wouldn't happen to be A.H. would it? You've gone through two agencies with similar complaints so I don't think a third agency is going to satisfy you either. As I said before, you apply at Hilltoppers and work with him or better yet, take him home and provide your own services to him. You are like most people who have negative thoughts or comments about Hilltoppers. You have no idea what the agency has gone through because of state and federal funding cutbacks and yes, there are a lot of drug infested morons who live in this town but that is for the law inforcement to take care of. If those are the only one's who apply and are able to pass a drug test, how is the agency to know they are using? When they suspect, they investigate. I'll bet 99% of businesses in this town have drug users working for them. Hilltoppers is a great agency but there may be some not so desirable employee's working for them. They are trying to improve but it takes people like you to help by reporting issues you may have, and if your loved one isn't being treated the way you expect him to, then you need to keep the agency informed. Evidently, you're not speaking to the right person. Have you requested an emergency COS meeting to discuss these issues or are you just blowing smoke? Crop Duster over and out!!!!!!!!!!
crossvillegirl

Crossville, TN

#15 Sep 29, 2010
I don't know what topix users are continually bashing Hilltoppers. Really it's a good thing we have Hilltoppers.

and the issue of the staff making such low wages, good thing those wages are available or they might be unemployed!
Concerned Hilltopper

Lebanon, TN

#16 Sep 29, 2010
I believe it's unfair to assume all Hilltoppers employees are negligent because you've seen a few employees that are lazy.Of course you are gonna get good and bad,just as you will at any place of employment.My main concern is why are you on complaining about this here instead of taking care of this for real,speak to the house manager and if that doesn't work speak to someone in HR,and if that doesn't work go to a state level if need be!But keep in mind if you see negligence or abuse and do nothing then you are just as guilty!
Haaa

Crossville, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2010
I like my job. yeah so the pay is not great and it sounds like some people are going to hell for treating mentally and physically challenged people like that. so yeah the people who start topics about hilltoppers are most likey disgruntled ex employees..get a damn life people!
agreed with haaa

Crossville, TN

#18 Oct 5, 2010
For real, people it is not that bad of a place to work. Yeah we only get paid 7.25 an hour but it is more than some people around here make. We go to work and take care of people instead of sit on our ass's and collect wel fair. I am sure that there are some employees that treat the people like crap but not everyone does. And you have to go threw like 2 months of classes and shit before you can start so it is not as easy getting hired as you think if some one is treating your loved one badly get off topix and do something about it if you are really that concerned with it.!!!!!!
haa

Crossville, TN

#19 Oct 5, 2010
well said agreed with me! thats the problem with people on here all talk and no motivation to actually say what they feel to the faces of the people they trash and places they trash! get off your fat lazy asses and do something about it! you people are PITIFUL! everyone on here! nothing else better to do then talk!im sure most of you dont have jobs and lives
agree with haaa

Smartt, TN

#20 Oct 5, 2010
Tell me about it haaa i mean really half these people trash talking are probaly just mad cause they cant find a job or they are mad their asses got fired or something. I mean really get a frickin life people. Instead of complaining on topix go to HILLTOPPERS!!!!! No one here can fix ur problem..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report Drug Activity Here 2 hr Believer 2 65
Daycare/Home daycare abuse????? (Aug '15) 2 hr Fact 25
queers in waffle house 3 hr Ole Daddy 11
The SELFIE WH*RE generation 3 hr Your a loser 3
Colinx Girl 3 hr Mossy oak 3
Meth Monkeys come watch 3 hr Original Challenger 84
who knows Warren Nicoll 7 hr Jack 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages