why is south cumberland utility distr...

why is south cumberland utility district charging so much for water?

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Crossville, TN

#1 May 17, 2011
Just wondering why my water bill is more than double the cost if with scud, that it would be if I lived elsewhere in the county...Anyone else having this problem?
yup

United States

#2 May 17, 2011
I know exactly what you mean. I lived in tansi for a little over a year and couldn't believe the cost of my water. No sewer or trash pickup and it still doubled even at times tripled what I paid from crab orchard utility. Their meter fees and deposits are also higher.
crazy

Crossville, TN

#3 May 17, 2011
I was wondering the same thing!! Is there anyone that can do anything about this? Or are we just stuck with this monopoly water company overcharging us?
redneckgirlfrien d

Crossville, TN

#4 May 18, 2011
WE need to get rid of them/ they buy the water from the city and are just a middleman corp. getting rich.

Call the mayor and say when is that contract up? we do not need to pay these prices/lets just get it straight the city.

Tansi is a mess/ the sewer and water companies are both out of line and need to go down.
AD Skinner

Crossville, TN

#5 May 18, 2011
The city tried to work out a deal to merge with SCUD several years ago but Brock Hill derailed it and all the SUCD customers are the losers. You would pay much less if the cit ran SCUD. Talk to your SCUD board members if you want this changed. They are the ONLY ones that can do it.
thedoc

Crossville, TN

#6 May 19, 2011
Because Sandy Brewer is a [email protected]$h! Dumb Cu^T!
Water Killer

Crossville, TN

#7 Jan 25, 2012
They don't send bills out properly, and its the customers problem, Then they act like there going to cut your water off and give you a few ours to fix the problem that Sandra caused. She needs fired, what a joke, where did she get her communication skills from some prison somewhere. FIRE HER
about over it

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2012
I am stuck with them as well. There is one nice person up there-Tammy. Now they are going around digging up meters making a mess to do who knows what. I am sick and tired of the high water bills. I bet if I dug a well, bought everything for it and used it instead that it would pay for itself in less than a year with the bills i am paying with scud. Too bad we can't switch to another water district....
Tansu gal

Crossville, TN

#9 Jan 25, 2012
I pay under $20 a month. Their bills are a little higher than the city but not outrageous. Check to see if you have leaky faucets, a running toilet or a leak and practice some water conservation. And call the board to see if they'd take another look at consolidating with the city. Jack miller did as much to derail that before as Brock hill. With both gone, maybe something could be worked out.
Wouldliketoknow

Crossville, TN

#10 Jan 26, 2012
If south Cumberland utility district is private owned, and it is, who exactly owns this utility? There is not a lot of information on the ulitiy itself, also why don't they have a web site, why can't you pay your bill online from there website, why do they still use cards they know get lost in the mail, why can't they operate like a 21st century company, what is their profit Marin, who regulates this utility, when you call with a problem why do they act as if they are put out , why can' t they reprint a bill if you call and have not received your bill, when did they stop mailing late notices? I have many questions but I suspect they will never be answered,.
about over it

Crossville, TN

#11 Jan 26, 2012
Tansu gal wrote:
I pay under $20 a month. Their bills are a little higher than the city but not outrageous. Check to see if you have leaky faucets, a running toilet or a leak and practice some water conservation. And call the board to see if they'd take another look at consolidating with the city. Jack miller did as much to derail that before as Brock hill. With both gone, maybe something could be worked out.
There are no leaks in my home or line. I even check to make sure the meter isn't moving when I don't have water running. What upsets me the most is how they treat people. We have a right to know why it is so expensive. There are other issues as well-they cut water at any given time and never give any notice, even when it is routine.
Tansi gal

Crossville, TN

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Scud is a public utility. Not sure why you can't pay online but they do auto drafts from your bank account if you sign up for that. It's saved me countless late charges. As for questions and concerns about the rates and how customers are treated, their board is appointed by the county and meets the fourth Thursday of each month I think at 4 pm. As for who regulates them, that would be the Tennessee regulatory authority. And as a public utility, their budget is open to the public and they are required to publish their financials once a year in the newspaper.
Liberal and Sane

Crossville, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2012
At this point, with all the Tansi people suing left and right and even each other I hardly see the city getting in the middle of THAT fray!

Yikes!
The New Improved Amused

Crab Orchard, TN

#14 Jan 27, 2012
Water Killer wrote:
They don't send bills out properly, and its the customers problem, Then they act like there going to cut your water off and give you a few ours to fix the problem that Sandra caused. She needs fired, what a joke, where did she get her communication skills from some prison somewhere. FIRE HER
Sandra who?
Wiladean

Crab Orchard, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2012
Water Killer wrote:
Who is Sandra?
Twin mom

Soddy Daisy, TN

#16 Dec 21, 2012
thedoc wrote:
Because Sandy Brewer is a [email protected]$h! Dumb Cu^T!
You need to watch your mouth. And you don't talk that way about someone you don't know. She's just doing her job. You worthless piece of garbage.
Anonymous

Canonsburg, PA

#17 Dec 21, 2012
Did you know that if you are a renter in Tansi, that you have to pay a $200 deposit to get water???
same here

Crossville, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Y'all think that's bad That's nothing you should try having plesant hill water my water bill runs 60 to 80 a month for 3 people and NO I HAVE NO LEAKS I ask every month why and they said you just use that much water!!!! My butt I do!!! Rich get richer poor gets poorer! Just saying
Dem and Proud

Nashville, TN

#19 Dec 23, 2012
I LOVE being a city water customer! Water & sewer total @$35!
BlueLinen

Crossville, TN

#20 Dec 15, 2013
Really folks, all name calling needs to cease. I've leaved her for almost 28 years. When we first moved here, our basic bill was $13/mo, and now paying between $20 & $22, so in that amount of time, the rates haven't really risen much. If your bill is more than anywhere in the country, which I find hard to believe knowing the history of real estate, etc., in Calif., you might want to have your plumbing checked for leaks. A neighbor was told years ago that her bill of over $200 was due to leaks, and they didn't believe it b/c they had duck pets and used a lot of water. But they finally had to change out their commodes, and when they did that their bill dropped significantly. So, suggest you check for leaks.

Have you addressed to the board of directors with your concerns?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wage war you get war 7 min Dance 21
What is love? 38 min So sad 7
It's great day to be alive 1 hr beastman 5
Red Dodge Avenger and older grey Chevy Malibu 1 hr YES 7
Villa Pizza in FFG mall (Oct '14) 1 hr agree 9
Who is Challenger 2 hr rick 74
A real ignorant rude employee 3 hr Dusty Rhodes 9
Vickie Ray 5 hr In the Know 27

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web