Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#252 Jul 29, 2012
wonder woman wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think my reference to the smell of cigarette smoke lingering in a public bar as similar to the smell of third world stench, as militant. Wow! What a gross misrepresentation of that word. You're a joke!. Can't you win an argument without your OCD spell checks, misrepresenting what people say, loaded words to make someone appear to be something they are not, and multiple username with gross comments when all else fails, among other desperate tactics? No I don't believe you can. And you are proving that.
Maybe I'll just sit back and watch YOU continue doing to username, wondering what you do to everyone else that you don't agree with.
Or maybe I'll find something better to do with my time and let you have your sick fun with those on here who have a differing view than you. God forbid anyone should have a view other than yours! And when they do, they must know that YOU WILL GIVE THEM HELL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER because you think no one has a right to their own views.
I don't waste my time with corrupt trouble makers and narcissistic control freaks. The one that just came on here reveals much of what has been going on with the re-writing and misrepresentation of my posts. But regardless of how hard you try, you cannot re-write my posts.
Have a good time at the bar boys.
Calm down, toots. Go spend some time with your perfect family and pull yourself away from a forum from a town in which you don't reside. It's looking like your depiction of a perfect family is a bit exaggerated. Why would a woman with such a blissful family life be wasting so much time arguing about the smoking policy of a bar in a town she doesn't even live in?
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#253 Jul 29, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> I never once said I had never been there, I said I didn't like it. The reason I didn't like it is because of the smoke and the crowd. Without smoking there will be a different crowd there so I may try it. The clothes thing was a joke, if you can't understand that you are a moron.
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like a child throwing a tantrum for not getting your way. They just gained two customers here, smoking was the reason me and my wife never went there. We came home smelling like smoke so bad we had to throw out our clothes and shower.(shower was nice though ;)) But without the smoke we will be there more weekends for the bands. Besides the way it is going soon there won't be smoking allowed in any public building hopefully.
"Smoking was the reason me and my wife never went there...l.

"Never went there" was my first clue.
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#254 Jul 29, 2012
purplpeopleeater wrote:
I don't smoke.
Went to Cowgirls last night. It was DEAD. One beer and out. Branding Iron was better, but not much. The DJ was better than the Band.
Then over to Mega Bites. The place was rockin!
Closed the joint.
Clothes smell like smoke. Luckily the perfume overwhelms it.
Did you throw your clothes away like "wondering" claimed to? Or did you simply wash them like some classless Crossville rube? "Wondering" has a low opinion of ANYONE that visits a bar in little ole Crossville.
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#255 Jul 29, 2012
Went by there today, but didn't stop in. There were 4 cars there and that's including staff.
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#256 Jul 29, 2012
dbldown wrote:
Blind zebra would bring the count to 6 come to think of it.
You're still counting Cowgirls though, aren't you? They have apparently relinquished their "bar" status. They're trying to be a family friendly restaurant establishment. Patsy Cline would have had to go out into the rain to smoke.
wonder woman

United States

#257 Jul 29, 2012
Mobile_Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, toots. Go spend some time with your perfect family and pull yourself away from a forum from a town in which you don't reside. It's looking like your depiction of a perfect family is a bit exaggerated. Why would a woman with such a blissful family life be wasting so much time arguing about the smoking policy of a bar in a town she doesn't even live in?
Because I can. What are you going to do about it? Spell check me or lie about one of my post? Been there and done that. What else is knew?

As for my successful married life with my wonderful spouse, we have actually shared a few laughs about your posts and your desperate and deceptive topix tactics. Where do you think I got some of my comments? I'm not that smart all by myself. LOL. That's why you calling me a self righteous bitch was so funny. And we are still laughing about that one.

I actually enjoy topix as a way to unwind like you do drinking. It is also very educational in the study of human behaviors. Do you intend to order me off of topix? If so, how do you intend to do that? Like you have been trying to do? Sorry bud, it's not your website.

I thought you were educated. I beginning to doubt that since it seems you have a reading comprehension problem. If you don't want me on here than why are you talking to me? Seems you don't know what you want. So go have a drink and a cigarette and forget about it! Your obsession with staring an argument with those you don't agree with and then having to win that argument is "driving you to stupid". Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that.
wonder woman

United States

#258 Jul 29, 2012
*new
joker

Crossville, TN

#259 Jul 29, 2012
wonder woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can. What are you going to do about it? Spell check me or lie about one of my post? Been there and done that. What else is knew?
As for my successful married life with my wonderful spouse, we have actually shared a few laughs about your posts and your desperate and deceptive topix tactics. Where do you think I got some of my comments? I'm not that smart all by myself. LOL. That's why you calling me a self righteous bitch was so funny. And we are still laughing about that one.
I actually enjoy topix as a way to unwind like you do drinking. It is also very educational in the study of human behaviors. Do you intend to order me off of topix? If so, how do you intend to do that? Like you have been trying to do? Sorry bud, it's not your website.
I thought you were educated. I beginning to doubt that since it seems you have a reading comprehension problem. If you don't want me on here than why are you talking to me? Seems you don't know what you want. So go have a drink and a cigarette and forget about it! Your obsession with staring an argument with those you don't agree with and then having to win that argument is "driving you to stupid". Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that.
starting
Tamale

Crossville, TN

#260 Jul 30, 2012
Bill and Vickie are good people who are perhaps a bit over their heads in the bar business obviously, but they are not trying to make Cowgirls "family friendly" so much as they are trying to drive off the druggie crowd and make their customers more comfortable. Also Vickie has a bit of an asthma issue and the smoky atmosphere was literally making her quite sick, it's her bar she has a right to do as she likes with it. As for the loss of many day-time regulars, that is true, but most of those regulars would sit and drink $1 drafts all morning, order no food, smoke up the place and then leave a 50 cent tip after 6 beers. Now people come in in fewer numbers but they're ordering food and buying margaritas and not starting fights and not coming in drugged up out of the gourd. I wish them nothing but the best and will continue to go there often.
wow

Crossville, TN

#261 Jul 30, 2012
Tamale wrote:
Bill and Vickie are good people who are perhaps a bit over their heads in the bar business obviously, but they are not trying to make Cowgirls "family friendly" so much as they are trying to drive off the druggie crowd and make their customers more comfortable. Also Vickie has a bit of an asthma issue and the smoky atmosphere was literally making her quite sick, it's her bar she has a right to do as she likes with it. As for the loss of many day-time regulars, that is true, but most of those regulars would sit and drink $1 drafts all morning, order no food, smoke up the place and then leave a 50 cent tip after 6 beers. Now people come in in fewer numbers but they're ordering food and buying margaritas and not starting fights and not coming in drugged up out of the gourd. I wish them nothing but the best and will continue to go there often.
what in the hell does a non smoking business have to do with druggies?Just because a person smokes does not make the the druggie crowd!Its either a bar or a restaurant,their business will not strive on the restaurant side only,please realize the stupid things you type.
Tamale

Crossville, TN

#262 Jul 30, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>what in the hell does a non smoking business have to do with druggies?Just because a person smokes does not make the the druggie crowd!Its either a bar or a restaurant,their business will not strive on the restaurant side only,please realize the stupid things you type.
Never said all smokers were druggies... Just stating that the druggie element was getting pretty heavy at Cowgirls, some/most carried over from the Just One More days, and the owners are making changes in hopes of eradicating that element. And you can't deny that smoking bars tend to attract more druggie types than non-smoking bars, just a fact of life. That and the fact that the owner who spends over 12 hours a day in there was having to suck on her ashtma inhaler 6 or 7 times a day and since the smoking ban hasn't needed it once is why they made the change. You can still smoke on the patio, ya know. And AS A Smoker myself I can tell you that I hate eating in a smoky bar and have NO problem taking my smoke break out on the patio, I don't smoke inside my own home for the same reasons... It makes everything reek.
wondering

United States

#263 Jul 30, 2012
Tamale wrote:
Bill and Vickie are good people who are perhaps a bit over their heads in the bar business obviously, but they are not trying to make Cowgirls "family friendly" so much as they are trying to drive off the druggie crowd and make their customers more comfortable. Also Vickie has a bit of an asthma issue and the smoky atmosphere was literally making her quite sick, it's her bar she has a right to do as she likes with it. As for the loss of many day-time regulars, that is true, but most of those regulars would sit and drink $1 drafts all morning, order no food, smoke up the place and then leave a 50 cent tip after 6 beers. Now people come in in fewer numbers but they're ordering food and buying margaritas and not starting fights and not coming in drugged up out of the gourd. I wish them nothing but the best and will continue to go there often.
Wow sounds like you are describing OA. By the way I when I said never go there I meant it as after going the first time we never go there anymore, I left out the anymore. I know a grammar mistake, that makes me completely incompetent in your eyes. Anyway, keep crying about things not going your way. Maybe your mother can go down there and fuss at them for you.
wondering

United States

#264 Jul 30, 2012
Mobile_Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you throw your clothes away like "wondering" claimed to? Or did you simply wash them like some classless Crossville rube? "Wondering" has a low opinion of ANYONE that visits a bar in little ole Crossville.
I love how you ignored my post explaining that was a joke. You ignore most posts that you don't like or can't come back too. Actually I find it sad that I had to explain it was a joke. God I feel sorry for your wife. It must be miserable going through life with no sense of humor. Probably why you live in a bar, smoke and drink yourself to death, and pride yourself on correcting grammar to make yourself look better.
been there

Crossville, TN

#265 Jul 30, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Wow sounds like you are describing OA. By the way I when I said never go there I meant it as after going the first time we never go there anymore, I left out the anymore. I know a grammar mistake, that makes me completely incompetent in your eyes. Anyway, keep crying about things not going your way. Maybe your mother can go down there and fuss at them for you.
Was that response actually to me, because it makes no sense or relation to what I said? I was merely stating a couple of the reasons that Cowgirls decided to go non-smoking. How my (BTW deceased) mother came into this I do not get or what you mean by OA... I'm a friend of Bill and Vickie's, that's all. Time will tell if the changes will turn things around or not, for Bill & Vickie's sake I sincerely hope it does.
Tamale

Crossville, TN

#266 Jul 30, 2012
been there wrote:
<quoted text>Was that response actually to me, because it makes no sense or relation to what I said? I was merely stating a couple of the reasons that Cowgirls decided to go non-smoking. How my (BTW deceased) mother came into this I do not get or what you mean by OA... I'm a friend of Bill and Vickie's, that's all. Time will tell if the changes will turn things around or not, for Bill & Vickie's sake I sincerely hope it does.
sorry, forgot to change my name after post on another thread, this is Tamale responding to Wondering.
wondering

United States

#267 Jul 30, 2012
Tamale wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, forgot to change my name after post on another thread, this is Tamale responding to Wondering.
Sorry for the confusion, that was to original amused (oa).
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#268 Jul 30, 2012
wonder woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can. What are you going to do about it? Spell check me or lie about one of my post? Been there and done that. What else is knew?
As for my successful married life with my wonderful spouse, we have actually shared a few laughs about your posts and your desperate and deceptive topix tactics. Where do you think I got some of my comments? I'm not that smart all by myself. LOL. That's why you calling me a self righteous bitch was so funny. And we are still laughing about that one.
I actually enjoy topix as a way to unwind like you do drinking. It is also very educational in the study of human behaviors. Do you intend to order me off of topix? If so, how do you intend to do that? Like you have been trying to do? Sorry bud, it's not your website.
I thought you were educated. I beginning to doubt that since it seems you have a reading comprehension problem. If you don't want me on here than why are you talking to me? Seems you don't know what you want. So go have a drink and a cigarette and forget about it! Your obsession with staring an argument with those you don't agree with and then having to win that argument is "driving you to stupid". Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that.
You spend your time obsessing over an anonymous poster on a local forum board for a community in which you don't reside, then spend yet more time with your spouse obsessing over an anonymous poster on a local forum board for a community in which you don't reside...and claim MY life is empty and meaningless. Hilarious.
Mobile_Amused

Sharon, SC

#269 Jul 30, 2012
Tamale wrote:
Bill and Vickie are good people who are perhaps a bit over their heads in the bar business obviously, but they are not trying to make Cowgirls "family friendly" so much as they are trying to drive off the druggie crowd and make their customers more comfortable. Also Vickie has a bit of an asthma issue and the smoky atmosphere was literally making her quite sick, it's her bar she has a right to do as she likes with it. As for the loss of many day-time regulars, that is true, but most of those regulars would sit and drink $1 drafts all morning, order no food, smoke up the place and then leave a 50 cent tip after 6 beers. Now people come in in fewer numbers but they're ordering food and buying margaritas and not starting fights and not coming in drugged up out of the gourd. I wish them nothing but the best and will continue to go there often.
If the Catholic Church used this same logic, they would take care of the child molestation problem by banning priests.

Funny that her asthma problem wasn't so much of an issue when they were jam packed and making loads of money. When the crowds became much smaller, they made them even smaller by chasing away the smokers. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense from a capitalism standpoint.

Yes, in any bar you'll have those stingy customers who leave a paltry tip, but do you honestly think restaurants don't share that same problem? You're essentially supporting my argument that they are throwing in the towel on their attempt to run a successful bar and are settling for being just one more restaurant in Crossville.

I wish them the best as well, but judging by the parking lot for the past few weeks, the best ain't happening.
wondering

United States

#270 Jul 30, 2012
Mobile_Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholic Church used this same logic, they would take care of the child molestation problem by banning priests.
Funny that her asthma problem wasn't so much of an issue when they were jam packed and making loads of money. When the crowds became much smaller, they made them even smaller by chasing away the smokers. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense from a capitalism standpoint.
Yes, in any bar you'll have those stingy customers who leave a paltry tip, but do you honestly think restaurants don't share that same problem? You're essentially supporting my argument that they are throwing in the towel on their attempt to run a successful bar and are settling for being just one more restaurant in Crossville.
I wish them the best as well, but judging by the parking lot for the past few weeks, the best ain't happening.
Steady business throughout the week is better than two booming days a week. Plus on average regulars only drink a beer or two and don't get food. That's why they want new customers. How much do you drink when you go in?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#271 Jul 30, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Steady business throughout the week is better than two booming days a week. Plus on average regulars only drink a beer or two and don't get food. That's why they want new customers. How much do you drink when you go in?
Amazing that you know so much about the regulars at a bar you don't go to. Kinda brings your credibility into question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is my wife cheating 30 min Destroyer1 15
I wish we could talk! 2 hr Missed it 54
Teachers Fired 2 hr Educ8r 30
Paging doctor house. 3 hr Irving 109
Child molester paid to snitch by ccsd 3 hr Irving 15
kayla "lewis" patton 3 hr Donna21 16
tavo deported easter destroyed 3 hr Easter 115

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages