ONCE AGAIN BABY closing for good?

Posted in the Crossville Forum

Rabbit

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Just saw the FB post that they are going out of business at the end of the year.
I was wondering if anyone knew WHY they are going out of business? I thought they were going to open up 2 more stores in Nashville and Knoxville? That indicates that their business here is doing quite well... So what happened, I wonder? Does anyone know?
whats up

Crossville, TN

#2 Nov 29, 2012
No idea why but what happens for them next??? What will angel, michelle and michelles sis do for work now??
hahaha

Crossville, TN

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Probably because they're rude to people that come in 10 minutes before closes instead of being happy to get their business.
Welp

Crossville, TN

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Looks like nannys cottage wins
So Glad

Crossville, TN

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Maybe now we can get a better thrift store to come in and compete with Nanny's. Once Again was a JOKE of s store and so were the bitches that worked there.
Just saying

United States

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Why was it a joke and how were they b****es

Genuinely curious

Since: Apr 12

Charlotte, NC

#7 Nov 30, 2012
How am I gonna get my store credits!?!?
hmmm

Pageland, SC

#8 Nov 30, 2012
Nannys cottage wins my ass!!!!! Let's wait and see if they make it for 5 years before we jump to any conclusions!! The owner told me that 1 of the reasons she was going out was because she finally had enough retirement saved up that she was ready to quit!!
Hahaha

Crossville, TN

#9 Nov 30, 2012
Haha yeah right. Theres no way. The store was only around for 5yrs and the dude is a fireman. There is no way. She's lying to you. Would love to know the REAL reason(s).
Well

Crossville, TN

#10 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah I doubt she has enough retirement saved up. She's pretty young still, early 40s. That's a long way to go before dying. I highly doubt she has enough money saved up for that many years of life left.
So Glad

Crossville, TN

#11 Dec 1, 2012
Just saying wrote:
Why was it a joke and how were they b****es
Genuinely curious
It was a joke of a store because for one, their stuff was highly overrated as well as overpriced. Now before anyone popps off with "It was a thrift store, what did you expect", I'm well aware of that. Matter of fact, that's my thoughts exactly. It was a second hand store, and therefore should have had second hand prices. I didn't expect to walk in there and buy new and shiny things for next to nothing. I expected to walk in there and find (as they claimed) "gently used" stuff at good, practical prices. Instead I found that the biggest majority of everything I looked at (as far as clothes) had tares, stains, etc or (as far as toys/furniture) had broken or missing pieces, or had been scribbled all over, etc. Mostly everything I looked at wasn't much more expensive to buy new than what they had it priced for.

I stopped by two, maybe three times hoping to stumble across a good deal but between the prices and the people there, needless to say I never spent a penny there. The specific items I was in search of, I chose to buy new cause it really wasn't too much more expensive than the busted up crap they were saling.

Why did I say the people that worked there were bitches, you ask? Well, cause they were. lol The last time I stopped by, there was a younger looking girl there. She was rude and snotty acting as hell. I had my daughter with me (who was 3 at the time) and she was looking at some of their toys. Evertime she would even touch anyting, that girl would come over to where we were, staring at her and I with this pissed off, "you break it, you buy it" look on her face.(As if the crap wasn't already in pretty rough shape.) It ticked me off but in trying to be polite, I picked my daughter up and said "we can't touch, baby". A few minutes later, my little girl had found a chair she apparently liked and she sat down in it. I looked up just in time to see the snotty bitch that worked there rolling her eyes. Ohhhh if it hadn't been for my kid being right there, I would have slapped the girl. But, I wasn't about to go off the deep end with my little one right there in the middle so I politely picked her up and said VERY loudly, "Ok then, so we definetely won't be back here" and walked out the door.

Before that, what few times I had stopped in, that same girl and one older lady were always the ones there. The younger of the two was always on her phone, texting, talking and of no help whatsoever. Once, I tried to ask her a question and she literally did the "hold on a sec" one finger motion. Now if it had been an emergency or something of the sort, I could understand but it was clear that she was just bs'ing with one of her friends cause she was laughing and saying OMG about a hundred times. She was very short with me, rude and acted like she didn't want to be there and like it pissed her off that I was. The older lady wasn't quite as bad but she kinda had a bit of an uppity attitude and wasn't very friendly.
well

United States

#12 Dec 1, 2012
^ Sounds like michelle, she married into the business and from what I hear, she is a total beyotch all the time, and she is dumb as a box of rocks
WildBerry

Crossville, TN

#13 Dec 1, 2012
I am so glad it is closing. The staff is RUDE and acted like they were better then everyone else. Took my grandbaby in there to get som toys and they said kids can't touch the toys... Well I don't need that. I like going to a place that they welcome you in and treat the customer with respect. IT IS ABOUT TIME..... Thanks for closing
Amber

United States

#14 Dec 1, 2012
I heard that some business in town is closing because the family has a sick male family member -- is it this family/business? I don't know them but hope not..
Wondering

Crossville, TN

#15 Dec 2, 2012
I would like to know too
June

Crossville, TN

#16 Dec 2, 2012
mysteriouswalker wrote:
How am I gonna get my store credits!?!?
If you have store credits left, just do your shopping before the end of the year.
whodaho

Oak Ridge, NC

#17 Dec 2, 2012
I heard the credits are only good starting next month.
Lola

Crossville, TN

#18 Dec 2, 2012
Amber wrote:
I heard that some business in town is closing because the family has a sick male family member -- is it this family/business? I don't know them but hope not..
wow idk
hmm

Crossville, TN

#19 Sep 18, 2014
hmmm wrote:
Nannys cottage wins my ass!!!!! Let's wait and see if they make it for 5 years before we jump to any conclusions!! The owner told me that 1 of the reasons she was going out was because she finally had enough retirement saved up that she was ready to quit!!
Well Nannys is still open..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DR House - Defend Fat Bastard 12 min The REAL Doctor H... 51
shawn garrett 14 min HipoChristian1 11
why do women in Crossville looks so old 16 min Eww 8
Winning lottery ticket in Crossville? 26 min x customer 17
MGTOW: this is what happens when you discrimina... 38 min MGTOW uprising 10
beautiful girl 1rst shift at colinx 1 hr eagle eye 1
Crossville Slurs Who WON'T Pay Child Support 1 hr wow 15
Crossville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web