Crossville mayor seeks solution to Tansi sewer issue

Dec 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Knoxville News Sentinel

Crossville Mayor J.H. Graham III has proposed the creation of a new city department to provide sewer service to a lakeside community embroiled in a tangle of legal issues over the creation of a sewer district.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
concerned citizen

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

the City of Crossville has no business at all in Tansi sewer. If they would like to incorporate into the City and pay City taxes, then there might be hope. If not, let them go. I live 50ft. from the city limits and can't get city sewer. When will the people of Crossville wake up. Do you want your tax dollars to go to try and fix tansi sewer problem? This has got to be another of Graham's ideas to make money for himself. The City is already 39 million in the hole thanks to these great ideas of Graham's. maybe the millionares at Tansi would like to help bail out the City to get this service. In closing, people wake the hell up!
big deal

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

I agee with you. Trust me I'm not a millionare living here in Tansi. I wish the mayor and our POA would both go away. They are both drive by greed.

More folks outside of Tansi need to call/e-mail city council to stop this mess. You are right in all your points about city tax dollars being spent for all the wrong reasons.

Again e-mail Pete Souza and Kerley and let them know - they are against bailing out Tansi.
redneck girlfriend

Amherst, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

why does the mayor think he is wanted out here/ the so called good neighbor raised the water rates 20 percent in the SCUD district for water; why because he feel the love for us. goes to church and acts like a Christian and lies like a rug.

you fools in the city keep electing people who are to old and set in their ways.

tansi has nothing to do with the city and believe me this only makes me think what a mistake it was to move to the area/ look around their are home bargains all over the country and people are not moving so they can live on a low paying job. this area is not as cheap as they would like you to think; you have to drive an hour or more for anything; health care is a joke; shopping is joke; and we pay a premium price on groceries here Kroger in cookville is cheaper than here; why because they rip off everyone they can.

but the mayor thinks the future is in old people on fixed incomes that are worth less every year.

you vote in the same old people and wonder why there is no change? wyatt and the group just nod their heads and do what the mayor wants; you are in debt because of the old crew you keep in office.

their are a lot of people in Tansi who have had it with the POA and not one bit happy about the city sticking their nose in out here. They have more than enough to pay for right now; but the schemers think they will make you city residents rich off the water they take over; well how is the get rich scheme working out for you right now?
Dr Einstein

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

The city has no control over the SCUD water rates at all crazy girl! SCUD buys water from the city for MUCH less than they turn around and sell it to Tansi residents for! If the city had merged with SCUD several years ago like they did with Catoosa you would have much lower water rates then you do now! THAT is the TRUTH!
big deal

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Well what could have been should have been is water over the dam.

All we have is now and NOW is that the City needs to run the city and let Tansi pay off their debt. They have a 5 year plan to pay the debt off - isn't that we all have to do when we get into debt.

The POA signed a paper letting Duke do what he wanted and he did what he wanted which is take the plant for $10. When he couldn't get what he wanted he walked away and let the house go into forclosure.

Since: Jan 13

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I was alerted by Jan McNeil my 5thdistrict commissioner about a dangerous threat to Cumberland County and all of Tennessee ( Cumberland Habitat Conservation Plan or Cumberland HCP) http://www.cumberlandhcp.org/index.html it is not just Cumberland County. This is all about protecting endangered species through Smart Growth, buffers, and other property taking measures. These species do not stop at the Cumberland County line, for a list of these species see attachment, Species in HCP.

Crossville's Climate Change Mayor, J H Graham is a steering committee member and major player in the HCP. A strong advocate for Smart Growth he stated (while discussing merging the Tansi Sewer Utility District, with Crossville, and the South Cumberland Utility District): "I believe that the city is the economic engine for our community," Graham said, noting 80 percent of sales tax in Cumberland County is collected in the city though 80 percent of those shopping in the community are not residents of the city. "I think its a priority to provide infrastructure and the atmosphere for the strong and smart growth,"Graham said. He said he'd spent several months working on the proposal for the city to provide more services, "economically and efficiently, for our neighbors." http://crossville-chronicle.com/local/x964853... Stopping the merger of the Utility Districts go is vital to stopping Graham's Smart Growth agenda.
Dr Einstein

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

God forbid we have smart growth right jackass.

SO you are in favor of stupid growth?
whitehorse2

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Smart Growth is Agenda21, in Europe they call it urban intensification, I call it rural genocide
big deal

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The city is 39 million in debt. The school needs $450,000 from the county for officers in the school. It was reported on the radio that the electric company use to put in 600-800 meters a year in and now they down to 100 which means homes are not being built at a very fast rate which equals less in tax dollars

There are many needs for the tax payer dollar in the city and county and Lake Tansi is not the place for the city to spend money.

Besides the POA does not own the sewer plant so the city is just paying off their debt for a bad business deal the POA accepted. This POA debt is no ones business but the POA's and they need to pay it off with the over 1 MILLION they get in membership dues yearly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

132 Users are viewing the Crossville Forum right now

Search the Crossville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 8 min land owner 8,501
Todd Carroll (Jan '12) 14 min hmmm 15
Ted Hayes 16 min hmmm 8
The Heritage Foundation disowns its baby 20 min The REAL Doctor House 15
Signing over parental rights 34 min Blueberry Pie 17
bit slaven 36 min Just sayin 2
We were intimate over a yr ago, i got pregnant 38 min bossy 33
•••
•••