When is Cameron Sexton going to rehire suzanne smith?

Posted in the Crossville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Jason

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Judged:

It's been long enough don't you thank? Sharon York's days should have been up by now. We were told Sharon would be gone as soon as sexton was in, whats the hold up?
bo diddly

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

I dont think cameron reads topix.....Try calling him...Thats what I thank or is it Think
Cpap

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Judged:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking Cameron, does anyone on here know anything, cause Sharon needs to hit the road
concerned concervative

Saint Paul, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Judged:

If he does, he commits political suicide.
retired trucker

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Jason wrote:
It's been long enough don't you thank? Sharon York's days should have been up by now. We were told Sharon would be gone as soon as sexton was in, whats the hold up?
Cameron Sexton is just like all politicians.. Promise anything to get your vote and then AMNESIA hits em.. Notice I said ALL POLITICIANS, Dems repubs tea party all the same.
Unfortunately

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Judged:

Cameron Sexton can't rehire Suzanne Smith. The political makeup of the election commission is determined by the party in power in the state, i believe. Eric Swafford appointed 3 republicans to the commission with the implicit instructions to remove suzanne smith. I don't think there is anything that can be done. I wouldn't feel too bad though. What happened to here was a travesty and If I remember correctly, she is suing the S*** out of them.

Since: Jul 10

Crossville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

Unfortunately wrote:
Cameron Sexton can't rehire Suzanne Smith. The political makeup of the election commission is determined by the party in power in the state, i believe. Eric Swafford appointed 3 republicans to the commission with the implicit instructions to remove suzanne smith. I don't think there is anything that can be done. I wouldn't feel too bad though. What happened to here was a travesty and If I remember correctly,E she is suing the S*** out of them.
You were almost right. The political party that controls the legislature controls the election commissions so there are two Republicans (recommended by Swafford) and one Democrat, Lisa Phillips. Since Calvin (Not So) Smart is leaving, there will be another Republican appointed. Sexton will definitely have some influence on who is appointed so I'd say Sharon's days are numbered. I am guessing that the new appointee and Lisa Phillips will vote together to bring Suzznne back so it doesn't matter what Eric's other crony, Denver Cole (who is a joke, btw) wants.
Harry Teats

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

We do not need to bring Smith back. She should stay at home. If we replace York We should hire a professional. ENOUGH of the friend of a friend stuff.
armybrat

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

Judged:

Harry Teats wrote:
We do not need to bring Smith back. She should stay at home. If we replace York We should hire a professional. ENOUGH of the friend of a friend stuff.
There is noone more professional than suzanne Flyn. She has 30 years experience, ran the office with dignity, never a farce like refusing to let people vote. How much more professional do you want?
I get it

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

Judged:

I don't care how "wonderful" the person is, 30 years is too long for one person to hold the same position. It becomes lax, stagnate and cozy. And one becomes territorial seeing it as his/hers right to hold that position as long as they want it. No (or very little) new ideas, no growth, no improvement, no change.
armybrat

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

Judged:

I get it wrote:
I don't care how "wonderful" the person is, 30 years is too long for one person to hold the same position. It becomes lax, stagnate and cozy. And one becomes territorial seeing it as his/hers right to hold that position as long as they want it. No (or very little) new ideas, no growth, no improvement, no change.
I disagree, she is only a few years away from retirement. She did a great and professional job. Why put someone else in the position that would foul up like Sharon has? We do not have to pay for traing. If you think she has been in long enough you mean nobody should work at any job till retirement!!!
Get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

Judged:

I get it wrote:
This person is handily the smartest person on this forum. The rationale of hiring back the same person who sit in an office for 30 years solely based on that merit is ridiculous. The woman sit at home and kept busy doing other things outside the office. I had visited the office several times during her tenure and she was actually in the office only 1 time! It seems all of her friends on here seem to forget that there was a state audit report on discrepancies in financial reporting in HER office....to the tune of about $30,000. How in the hell noone is talking about this is beyond me. I guess everyone Is just too busy on her nuts that they forget. In an ideal world they would hire a true professional outside the "family" but this is crossville, of course it will be kept in the family for someone who is grossly unqualified. Good work Cameron, it's only a matter of time before those who elected him turn on him and vote his ass out of office. Politics is a vicious circle. Maybe they will hire smith back and she can send over a few thousand unaccounted dollars my way.
frank the tea bagger

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

so long sharon and hello to someone new. even if its suzanne.
Clair

Oakdale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

armybrat wrote:
<quoted text> I disagree, she is only a few years away from retirement. She did a great and professional job. Why put someone else in the position that would foul up like Sharon has? We do not have to pay for traing. If you think she has been in long enough you mean nobody should work at any job till retirement!!!
She's a democrat; it was time for her to back up off the trough and let somebody else eat at the public trough! Get over it. She is old enough to retire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Crossville Forum right now

Search the Crossville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
We were intimate over a yr ago, i got pregnant 2 min Just saying 27
Vote Scott Blaylock (Jul '10) 5 min A few good questions 23
Sindi F. 7 min Hi5e 2
The Heritage Foundation disowns its baby 34 min The REAL Doctor House 13
our next sheriff should be? 50 min CommonCents 40
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 58 min cashew 8,470
christina (Mar '11) 1 hr bahaha 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crossville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Crossville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••