I like this Pete souza
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
redtown

Crossville, TN

#1 Sep 10, 2012
looks like he is making some of the cville good ole boys very uncomfortable. anyone know more about him?
yellabelly

Crossville, TN

#2 Sep 11, 2012
redtown wrote:
looks like he is making some of the cville good ole boys very uncomfortable. anyone
know more about him?
who is he
What I Know

Crossville, TN

#3 Sep 11, 2012
So which do you appreciate more, his illiteracy or his lies?
Sarcasm is my forte

Smartt, TN

#4 Sep 11, 2012
What I Know wrote:
So which do you appreciate more, his illiteracy or his lies?
LOL! My favorite sign read

"I'm running for city council
and I'm handicapped
because I'm honest
Pete Souza"

It has since been removed, but it was picture worthy so I snapped one, lol. I'll never tell the truth again if that's the consequences!!
WhineNoMore

Crossville, TN

#5 Sep 11, 2012
It started out without the "because" in it. It was almost bizzare! Then they made a little sing that said "because" and nailed to the big one!

Too funny!
WHAT

United States

#6 Sep 11, 2012
I still don't get it what is that supposed to mean?
He became handicap BECAUSE he is honest?
this is the there they're guy so who knows what message he was trying to get out there.
WhineNoMore

Crossville, TN

#7 Sep 12, 2012
He is trying to say that his honety is a handicap to getting elected. Not that he is physically handicapped. And we wonder why this one got taken down! LOL!
Hoss

Crossville, TN

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Is his name really Pedro ?
WhineNoMore

Crossville, TN

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Hoss wrote:
Is his name really Pedro ?
LOL! Yest it is!
RockyTopReiner

Crossville, TN

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Yes, his given name is Pedro, after a man his parents thought a lot of, but he has gone by "Pete" for years. "Hoss" & "WhineNoMore" (sounds like that's all you are doing)!?? What is so funny about the name Pedro??? And yes he is HONEST and most certainly not illiterate!!! He is a retired Major of the United States Marine Corps. He is the only one with the guts to put his ideas out there! What do the other signs say?? Nothing! Just their name, a picture, and some lame slogan that says nothing about their ideals or what they plan to do if elected.(Which we already know will be more of the same good ole boy, "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". A perfect example is the NW Connector.....give me a break!!!
Why have people complained about his signs? Other than the fact that some use "big words" they can't understand he has put in a lot of time and effort for them to actually SAY something. He has not taken a penny from anyone....he is doing it all on his own. Apparently there have been complaints because his signs didn't say "paid for by" on them. NONE of the other candidates signs do either. They probably couldn't fit all the people who paid for favors on their little plastic signs.
Really

Shelby, NC

#11 Sep 12, 2012
I want to see a birth certificate for this Pedro Souza he doesn't sound American
bigfoot

Crossville, TN

#12 Sep 12, 2012
The man is American, I know him pretty well. He is retired from the Marines. Was a officer in the JAG. He is far smarter than any one is giving him credit for. The man would do a outstanding job in the local government. He does not like to waste anyone's money. The disability he talks about may have to do with his legs. They got pretty screwed up in Vietnam. I know he has had several surgeries on them.
WhineNoMore

Crossville, TN

#13 Sep 12, 2012
Well, his sign that says the city treasurey will be empty before the year is up is a blatant lie! So, simple fact, that maeks him a liar!
RockyTopReiner

Crossville, TN

#14 Sep 12, 2012
"Really"!!! If you are "Really" in SC it is none of your business anyway, but yes he is a full red blooded AMERICAN who served, fought and was injured for this country to protect all of the rights we enjoy and take for granted....such as Freedom of Speech to spread falsehoods and rumors.
"WhineNoMore" Pete is one of the most honest men I know and I have known him for years. And he is certainly not illiterate...He has a Bachelor degree in Business. But I think you might want to use a dictionary or spell check....look back at your posts.
This election is about the future of Cumberland County and Pedro "Pete" Souza cares about that.
If we keep the same people in who are spending OUR money right and left....a lot of the time to the benefit of them or their supporters...then we are getting exactly what we deserve. It is time for a change and more accountability in local government.
Lex

Huntsville, TN

#15 Sep 12, 2012
WhineNoMore wrote:
Well, his sign that says the city treasurey will be empty before the year is up is a blatant lie! So, simple fact, that maeks him a liar!
Unless you can foresee the future you don't know what will be in the treasury at the end of the year. So how can you say this is a lie?
What I Know

Crossville, TN

#16 Sep 12, 2012
The last report I heard when the city finished their budget was the city had well over $5 MILLION in their fund balance, so you do the Arithmetic!

The result is that Souza is a Big Fat Liar!(Hey, how can HE see the future???)

ROTFL!
Lex

Huntsville, TN

#17 Sep 12, 2012
Just 2years ago they had over 15million in their fund balance! So YOU do that math!
old man

Crossville, TN

#18 Sep 12, 2012
Lex wrote:
Just 2years ago they had over 15million in their fund balance! So YOU do that math!
Want the proof ask Pete he did the research and has files full of proof he will gladly show it all to you.
old man

Crossville, TN

#19 Sep 12, 2012
I noticed in tuesdays paper in the letters to the edditor that a woman with the last name of Wisdom was saying what a great man Boyd Wyatt was and then today i heard Boyd gave Wisdom tv a $20,000 contract with the city at yesterdays city council meeting. Sounds like another you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours.
Hmmmmm

Cookeville, TN

#20 Sep 12, 2012
I don't know Pete Souza either but I must say I'm intrigued by his signs. I actually watch for them as I'm driving through town to see if there are any new ones. I'm definitely giving thought to voting for him as he seems to be making people talk and some uncomfortable. I can only wonder why? I guess we will all have to figure out if it's time for a change when we vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mobile Patrol 17 min just saying 34
Janice Reed--Thief 18 min yep 66
Black Girl At Main Street McDonalds (Jul '11) 20 min Dee Licious 9
Report Drug Dealers here 20 min Citizen 42
Drug bust 24 min Citizen 4
councilboy kerley = liar, hears the proof 1 hr Me again 3
danny bilyeu 2 hr Amused 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages