27 Arrested In Federal Drug Sting

27 Arrested In Federal Drug Sting

There are 148 comments on the WSMV-TV Nashville story from Apr 18, 2011, titled 27 Arrested In Federal Drug Sting. In it, WSMV-TV Nashville reports that:

The U.S. Attorney's office announced Monday the arrest of 27 people in connection with the illegal trafficking of pharmaceuticals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSMV-TV Nashville.

personal

Clover, SC

#105 Apr 21, 2011
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, drug dealers wearing designer clothes and driving expensive vehicles is simply an indication of someone "making ends meet?" I'm not buying it.
NO that's the part where then get caught up follow along buddy
i vote

Crossville, TN

#107 Apr 21, 2011
i have no idea if Alan Wyatt was involved or not but i can say he is one of the nicer deputies on the force. he doesent have to throw his weight around to look big. he does his job and treats people with respect. but on the other hand if he is guilty, oh well get ready to pay up your as guilty as all the others.. now then i saw a Bradly girl who was involved. she was 27 years of age if it is who i think it is she is the daughter of, Brenda Lyons the school teacher who everyone has had trouble with. you know the one who looks down on kids who are less fortunate. if it is her Mrs. Lyons your own kids are in worse shape than the ones you look down on. her stepdad has a big job with the state Andy Lyons..

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#108 Apr 21, 2011
personal wrote:
<quoted text>
NO that's the part where then get caught up follow along buddy
They're "caught up" when they make the initial decision to engage in a criminal enterprise. No one sells drugs to "make ends meet." They sell drugs for the lifestyle that it so often provides. Show me a drug dealer that cuts coupons.
tpl

Smartt, TN

#109 Apr 21, 2011
<quoted text>
I just found a copy of the Wednesday edition of the Chronicle and it does NOT say that he is the reason the feds were involved. All it says is that local authorities began the investigation into drug trafficking in the county.
Perhaps after the actual trials take place facts will be revealed. So far there is a limited amount of facts colored with personal inferences.
from the Crossville Chronicle

"We started an investigation several months ago and when the scope widened and we realized one of our own might be implicated, we joined forces with federal agencies," Chief Sheriff's Investigator Casey Cox said. "It was a great example of multiple agencies working together."
tpl

Smartt, TN

#110 Apr 21, 2011
<quoted text>
I daresay I don't recall ANY source indicating any single person was the "reason" the feds were involved. Please provide a link to the news article in case I've overlooked it.
http://crossville-chronicle.com/local/x698032...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#111 Apr 21, 2011
tpl wrote:
<quoted text>
from the Crossville Chronicle
"We started an investigation several months ago and when the scope widened and we realized one of our own might be implicated, we joined forces with federal agencies," Chief Sheriff's Investigator Casey Cox said. "It was a great example of multiple agencies working together."
"...MIGHT be implicated..."

It would be a shame if Deputy Wyatt was truly innocent but had his career ruined simply by an accusation. I suppose we'll find out in due time.

Again, it is unlikely that arrests won't end in convictions regarding this situation, but it is equally unlikely that ALL of the people arrested will be convicted. NO prosecutor has a 100% conviction record.
tpl

Smartt, TN

#113 Apr 21, 2011
<quoted text>
"...MIGHT be implicated..."
It would be a shame if Deputy Wyatt was truly innocent but had his career ruined simply by an accusation. I suppose we'll find out in due time.
Again, it is unlikely that arrests won't end in convictions regarding this situation, but it is equally unlikely that ALL of the people arrested will be convicted. NO prosecutor has a 100% conviction record.
guitly or not was not the question asked!

why the feds were brought was brought in and where you could find the article was.
but

Crossville, TN

#114 Apr 21, 2011
yes but the word "might" means he may have not even been charged in the first place.
ummm

Clinton, SC

#115 Apr 21, 2011
Did you miss the list in the paper? He was one of the indicted, which does mean charged genius!
were fckt

Hermitage, TN

#116 Apr 21, 2011
all of this just seems to be part of the beast that is big money.
men create drugs that are rediculously addictive
doctors perscribe these drugs like candy for a while
people see how addictive they are and how a pill that costs pennies to make can be sold at a dollar a mil.
a portion of the people perscribed these drugs are of low income, or questionable intent, and are willing to break the law (the very hard laws imposed on the misuse of perscriptions) to take care of their familes or whatever reason they have.
when the people get arrested everything goes full circle because they end up in a privately owed prison generally owned by the pharmaceutical company, who then gets paid big bucks by the government to house for the extensive sentence they picked up.
so they are getting paid on all fronts and we all end up as meat puppets. the same reason why the road for pot to be legalized will take so long/if it happens. the drugs they make for all the symptoms pot fixed would become obsolete and they would lose all that revenue from non violent pot detainees in their private prisons.
man dominating man to his own injury/ no natural affection.
they can keep and they will keep arresting people for all this, money is to be made. when they take 27, 50 more will pop up. flawed systems will never work. go sit at the ER and watch all the pill seekers coming in, trying anything to get something that is man made that has completely taken over their lives. then try and talk with the majority of the medical profession in this town that is so jaded by the seekers that they have stopped caring about the people who really need help/ or are extremely suspicious that everyone is a seeker.
i don't know what the answer is but we aren't doing it right.
but

Crossville, TN

#117 Apr 21, 2011
oh ummm excuse me for not using the technical term. thanks for feeling the need to point that out.

You have a good day. And God bless you.
agreed

Crossville, TN

#118 Apr 21, 2011
were fckt wrote:
go sit at the ER and watch all the pill seekers coming in,
i had to take my son then another family member a few days later (busy week) but both times I say multiple pill seekers. yes that sounds judgemental b/c no i did not know them or their story. but they were as young and healthy as i was, and looked like they had just crawled out of a hole somewhere, jittery, on their cells talking about workin on the scripts.... ya. both days.
Rhonda

Crossville, TN

#119 Apr 21, 2011
And people would be surprised at all the addicts that work in nursing homes
Emily

Crossville, TN

#120 Apr 21, 2011
Hahahahahaha moma
well

Crossville, TN

#121 Apr 21, 2011
Rhonda wrote:
And people would be surprised at all the addicts that work in nursing homes
well thats actually any health care field. such as nursing, doctors, etc. they have easier access to the pills. and they have a higher rate of addiction (meaning a profession as a whole)
not necessarily nursing home workers.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#122 Apr 21, 2011
Ticked at who wrote:
Seems someone has a chip on their shoulders.
<quoted text>
No chip. just a desire for accountability .
ticked at who

Crossville, TN

#123 Apr 21, 2011
I can understand that.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#124 Apr 21, 2011
were fckt wrote:
all of this just seems to be part of the beast that is big money.
men create drugs that are rediculously addictive
doctors perscribe these drugs like candy for a while
people see how addictive they are and how a pill that costs pennies to make can be sold at a dollar a mil.
a portion of the people perscribed these drugs are of low income, or questionable intent, and are willing to break the law (the very hard laws imposed on the misuse of perscriptions) to take care of their familes or whatever reason they have.
when the people get arrested everything goes full circle because they end up in a privately owed prison generally owned by the pharmaceutical company, who then gets paid big bucks by the government to house for the extensive sentence they picked up.
so they are getting paid on all fronts and we all end up as meat puppets. the same reason why the road for pot to be legalized will take so long/if it happens. the drugs they make for all the symptoms pot fixed would become obsolete and they would lose all that revenue from non violent pot detainees in their private prisons.
man dominating man to his own injury/ no natural affection.
they can keep and they will keep arresting people for all this, money is to be made. when they take 27, 50 more will pop up. flawed systems will never work. go sit at the ER and watch all the pill seekers coming in, trying anything to get something that is man made that has completely taken over their lives. then try and talk with the majority of the medical profession in this town that is so jaded by the seekers that they have stopped caring about the people who really need help/ or are extremely suspicious that everyone is a seeker.
i don't know what the answer is but we aren't doing it right.
Think you will enjoy this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html
Statistics prove prescription drugs are 16,400% more deadly than terrorists

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html#ixzz1K...
personal

Clover, SC

#125 Apr 21, 2011
<quoted text>
They're "caught up" when they make the initial decision to engage in a criminal enterprise. No one sells drugs to "make ends meet." They sell drugs for the lifestyle that it so often provides. Show me a drug dealer that cuts coupons.
Have you ever done it? Have xout ever had to go down that road? CUz from tIe sounds of it you don't know shit your just a judgmental ass hole well get over yourself maybe other people think of different ways to make stuff happen than the right way but drug dealing doesn't start off caught up its somewhere in the middle where when you got tIe money you needed you forgot that was all you needed thus resulting in being caught up
jan

Crossville, TN

#126 Apr 21, 2011
just disappointed wrote:
Well I hope they all get help in rehab and quit this nonsense like I said I do feel for their families its hard enough to get through this crazy thing called life .ai know a couple of these people and my heart goes out to their families who are suffering for it now.
i know what you mean people tend to judge the whole family by what someone does with the same last name, it is very degrading to have some one in family who has such low morals, they dont work, just run around looking for another pill...sickening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guys, pecker maintenance is a must 2 min yet another Irving 11
scott lansford (Aug '10) 1 hr Billy Bob 22
Jc hancock for county mayor 1 hr Running 2
Ashley Vanlandingham 2 hr Heather 7
Breaking News Doctors and Nurses in Crossville 2 hr Twice as nice 28
Lost, goat wearing diaper in vicinity of highwa... 2 hr Help 1
Aren Goforth 3 hr StealmyNameWhyDontYa 7

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance