27 Arrested In Federal Drug Sting

Apr 18, 2011 Full story: WSMV-TV Nashville 148

The U.S. Attorney's office announced Monday the arrest of 27 people in connection with the illegal trafficking of pharmaceuticals.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
lol

Travelers Rest, SC

#1 Apr 18, 2011
Nice!
copied

Jamestown, TN

#2 Apr 18, 2011
27 Arrested In Federal Drug Sting

Oxycodone, Hydrocodone Among Drugs Trafficked, Say US Attorney

Reported By Nancy Amons

POSTED: 1:14 pm CDT April 18, 2011

UPDATED: 1:30 pm CDT April 18, 2011

facebook

del.icio.us

buzz

digg

reddit

›› Email

›› Print

NASHVILLE, Tenn.-- The U.S. Attorney’s office announced Monday the arrest of 27 people in connection with the illegal trafficking of pharmaceuticals.
Thirty-two people have already been indicted in the case, said investigators. Many of those involved in the case are from Crossville, Tenn.
Among the drugs being trafficked include: Oxycodone, Hydrocodone (Vicodin and Lortab) and Alprazolam (Xanax).
The arrests and indictments are part of an investigation that began in 2009.
bmp

Faith, NC

#3 Apr 18, 2011
BAm! BAm! BAm!sweet justice
brian

Crossville, TN

#4 Apr 18, 2011
who are they
goodolboy

Crossville, TN

#6 Apr 18, 2011
I can't believe Spike Hedgecoth and Doug Proffit of all people are on that list! I mean damn guys...you are over 60 and 70 freakin years old!!!!!!!!!! Use to be EMTs!!!!! And Spike, you already did time for drugs....geezus freakin Krist!!!!!
jason

Mcminnville, TN

#7 Apr 18, 2011
I can believe spike is but Old man Doug????? It was a surprise to me also. He was more than likely swinging off of spikes balls...
uhm

York, SC

#8 Apr 18, 2011
I can't believe Kyle got caught but all good things must come to an end I guess...
just disappointed

Crossville, TN

#9 Apr 18, 2011
What is wrong with the people in this town.Does anyone not have any sense.This is obserbed and I hope the feds get all of them.Crossville has already got the worst name for meth now lets just add prescription abusers to that list.This is just not even cool for the rest of us that have sense enough to work for our money.I can not believe what has happened to this town.
Seriously

High Point, NC

#10 Apr 18, 2011
I agree disappointed! Its pathetic and I do not understand why people feel sorry for these fools!! They did this to themselves and their families!!!

“Drinkatarian Minister ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Apr 18, 2011
Kneel b4 Zod wrote:
<quoted text>
Try clicking the link under the title that says "full story".
Is this in a thread here?
Can you post the link please? A name or two I know have been mentioned and I'm curious as to the involvement.
its sad

Crossville, TN

#12 Apr 18, 2011
alot has to do with the doctors writin scrips and making it easy for the pill heads. The go from one dr. to the next and in different towns and get their 30 day supply bring it back and they sell it. The doctors have to put a stop with the scrips an just give a few days supply if they need something for pain. but instead the doctor likes the cost of the dr. visit its all a bunch of bull. Should be some kinds regulations on the pill scrips. i wish they would all go down.

“Drinkatarian Minister ”

Location hidden

#13 Apr 18, 2011
Nevermind, just found the link. for some reason I thought it was in a different thread.
just disappointed

Crossville, TN

#14 Apr 18, 2011
I am ashamed to even admit to people where I live these kind of people our giving our town a worser name then what it already has and not to mention the good people that do try to live right.I am just tired of these people messing up our kids lives with this kind of crape how can we tell our kids to say no when law enforcement dont say no this is what is pathetic.I hope all of them them time so they can think about how they mess up their families lives with this.Their families is who I feel sorry for not them by no means
just disappointed

Crossville, TN

#15 Apr 18, 2011
Well its posted all over Nashville News how most of them are from Crossville,Tn so once again our town is put in the dirt because of drugs.Why can't everyone just go to work to occupy your time if you need to work two jobs to take up your time spend time with your family.Instead of out in our town selling drugs that is whats wrong with this town some people have too much time on their hands.GET A LIFE
Woman on the run

Cookeville, TN

#16 Apr 18, 2011
OMG, I can't believe some of the people on that list. I knew a couple of them, I would have never guessed it. I've never done drugs, but really come on, when your 60 and nearly 70 years old like a couple of them, shouldn't you know how life works by now? Some of them on there it doesn't surprise me. They all get what they deserve.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 18, 2011
its sad wrote:
alot has to do with the doctors writin scrips and making it easy for the pill heads. The go from one dr. to the next and in different towns and get their 30 day supply bring it back and they sell it. The doctors have to put a stop with the scrips an just give a few days supply if they need something for pain. but instead the doctor likes the cost of the dr. visit its all a bunch of bull. Should be some kinds regulations on the pill scrips. i wish they would all go down.
They busted a few pill mills in my area recently.

Among them: Dr. Zvi Perper, charged with trafficking from a Delray Beach clinic. In the first six months of 2010, Perper prescribed 387,000 oxycodone tablets, making him the 22nd-most prolific prescriber of the drug in the U.S. for that period. Perper is the son of Dr. Joshua Perper, the Broward County Medical Examiner.

The name of Dr. Perper may sound familiar. It is the son of the Coroner with the lump on his head for Anna Nicole Smith.

Among them: Dr. Zvi Perper, charged with trafficking from a Delray Beach clinic. In the first six months of 2010, Perper prescribed 387,000 oxycodone tablets, making him the 22nd-most prolific prescriber of the drug in the U.S. for that period. Perper is the son of Dr. Joshua Perper, the Broward County Medical Examiner.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/23/2081378...

“Drinkatarian Minister ”

Location hidden

#18 Apr 18, 2011
A number of these people on this list are not young, 20 yrs could easily be the rest of their life.
But when you play that kind of game sometimes you get caught and end up paying the price for it.
Can't say I feel bad for them though, they earned it and I hope this sweep continues to clean out the garbage in this town.
p hill

Crossville, TN

#19 Apr 18, 2011
if the ones caught go before a out of town judge they be taking care of whats wrong with cumberland county our judge lets them go with a fine or dismissed FBI AND TBI NEEDS TO WORK THERE WAY DOWN FROM TOP ITS A SHAME THIS COUNTY GONE THIS FAR
just disappointed

Crossville, TN

#20 Apr 18, 2011
Well I hope they all get help in rehab and quit this nonsense like I said I do feel for their families its hard enough to get through this crazy thing called life .ai know a couple of these people and my heart goes out to their families who are suffering for it now.
adam12

Crossville, TN

#21 Apr 18, 2011
dont do the crime if you cant do the time, fbi and tbi need to start at the sheriffs dept and the sheriff since he dont run the deparment his cronies do. he hires deputys that have drug problems,history of spouse abuse and and been caught stealing and arrested and rehired what a croc if this town dont get people in office that have the balls to run it , it will get a lot worst but yet you all keep voteing for usless burgess and his team of misfits. its time for a change and politics has no place in law enforcement. everyone no matter who they are family friends if you break the law go to jail no if ands or buts about. just keep voteing for him and you will see

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Songs 17 min Hypocrites suck 7
Managers at Little Caesars 28 min ChocolateAndRedWine 45
little bit reed (Nov '13) 30 min FU 18
the four tops 51 min Kris Kringle 2
Cchs girls basketball coach 1 hr bobcat 4 life 21
Bad lay 1 hr Sex Addict 13
Courtney Nicole Cox 1 hr billie 1
Crossville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web